Making My Own BCAA Pre/During WO Cocktail

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Does fat increase insulin levels? I only took one nutrition class, but I only remember the effect of carbs and protein increasing insulin levels.

2. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Does fat increase insulin levels? I only took one nutrition class, but I only remember the effect of carbs and protein increasing insulin levels.
    Yes But insignifigantly.

3. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jmh8

Fat can increase the glycemic load, yes. This is different than the response (speed) and it can be very significant.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

•   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Answers

At night before bed, I normally down a couple scoops natty PB, and a couple of eggs. Should I cancel out the PB and find something else? (I hate cottage cheese, so I'm looking for alternatives)

5. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    At night before bed, I normally down a couple scoops natty PB, and a couple of eggs. Should I cancel out the PB and find something else? (I hate cottage cheese, so I'm looking for alternatives)
    Try low fat rigatta(sp?) in scrambled eggs. I like that better than cottage. (too watery) Tastes better too IMO. As noted above, the fat in natty PB can add up. I guess if you're not eating carbs before bed it's not that bad though.

6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    Try low fat rigatta(sp?) in scrambled eggs. I like that better than cottage. (too watery) Tastes better too IMO. As noted above, the fat in natty PB can add up. I guess if you're not eating carbs before bed it's not that bad though.
    Ricotta cheese?

7. Registered User
    Answers

Off the current topic

My bulk goodies just shipped. I bought the following:

1 x BCAA's (1000g) = $39.99
    1 x Acetyl-L-Carnitine Powder (500 grams) = $31.99
    4 x Citrulline Malate Powder (75 grams) = $40.00 (just missed Custom's great deal--1 kilo for 90$)
    1 x Taurine Powder (500 grams) = $12.00
    1 x L-Tyrosine Powder (500 grams) = $22.99
    1 x Choline Citrate (500 grams) = $16.50
    1 x Betaine HCl Powder (200 grams) = $8.00

I think there was only one comment above about mixing bulks w/ kool aid. Does anyone try to mask the reputedly horrendous taste of the bulks?? I'm thinking maybe crystal light or some sugar free lemonade might do the trick.

8. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    Ricotta cheese?
    Yup, cooks in well.

Beuwolf... Crystal light.

9. Registered User
    Answers

I use sugar free crystal light and it helps so much go down. Depending on the ratios what you just showed shouldn't be that bad. I would go with a ton of lemonade flavor to compliment the CM myself!
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html

10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er
    I use sugar free crystal light and it helps so much go down. Depending on the ratios what you just showed shouldn't be that bad. I would go with a ton of lemonade flavor to compliment the CM myself!
    Crystal Light it'll be. I almost like the flavor of CM in a weird way. It tastes really good in orange/pineapple Neurostim.

11. Registered User
    Answers

My bulk goodies arrived and I have been experimenting. So far I have been mixing them with pink lemonade Crystal Light. It actually tastes fine. Not bad at all. My workouts have kicked some serious ass considering I am doing UD2.0. I am on my third day of about 1200 calories and almost zero carbs, yet I had plenty of energy.

I did a few light/high rep sets to ensure depletion, then I did 40min of cardio on the elliptical. I kept a good pace. The machine said I burned 560calories, though I don't know how accurate that is. I was 35 min. into it and I actually felt a huge surge of energy and I really rocked the last 5 min. Sweet. I am guessing that is partially due to the Citruline Malate, though we shouldn't underestimate that it could have just been my hardcore studitude. (eyes are being rolled at self).

I just bought a Crystal Light knockoff called Wylers. It is raspberry flavor. We'll see how this turns out. I mixed 2 packets of it in with 10 servings worth of my pre-workout cocktail.

On the subject of pre-workout cocktails, does anyone have any suggestions for mixing? I mixed it into an old protein tub and have been shaking the hell out of it. I just don't want to get 30g of Taurine and 3g of BCAA.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Making my own Pre Workout - Advice Needed/Welcomed
    By gboslice in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 04:18 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 08:45 PM
  3. Making my own Anarchy/UCP-1 stack
    By Supa Freek 420 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 12:49 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-27-2003, 07:51 PM
  5. Plan on making my own EQ from powder....
    By JBlaze in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 03:30 PM