Making My Own BCAA Pre/During WO Cocktail

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    No offense, but I just don't trust or believe in alot of the things over at bb.com... I don't think they have the knowledge, experience, or the overall amount of knowledgeable people that AM has.
    BB.com is fantastic if you cannot afford tickets to Ringling Bros., etc.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    I used to call BB.com my home.(OMG, did I just admit that?? ) This was years ago. Eventually, if you're persistant enough, you are lead to places where real knowlege is available. That's why I'm proud to call AM my home.
    Congrats on the moderator-ship? (waiting for beowulf to jump on me for that one) Eventhough you used to be a bb.com person
    •   

3. Thanks. It is amazing how things can change over time.

4. Agreed, like the circus comment though.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  5. Lightbulb Ahhhhh Hahhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Gluatmine intake is achieved with any protein source. If you are taking in protein around your workout, then why would you add more glutamine (since the majority of its fate is conversion into glucose anyway) ??
    So the Glut from my whey is sufficient to cover protein needs. But if I switch to a BCAA drink, I would not be getting the protein, just Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. In that case it seems I would need glut.

Sorry to be such a pain in the ass.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    Congrats on the moderator-ship? (waiting for beowulf to jump on me for that one) Eventhough you used to be a bb.com person
    I'm not the stuck-up English teacher type; I encourage kids to experiment with language. That is where innovation comes from.

7. I used to buy BCAA powder. The stuff tastes like battery acid. Nothing really killed the taste of it. The only thing that came close was when I mixed it into v-12. IMO you are better off just buying the premade one, unless you can stand the taste of the powder.

8. Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    I used to buy BCAA powder. The stuff tastes like battery acid. Nothing really killed the taste of it. The only thing that came close was when I mixed it into v-12. IMO you are better off just buying the premade one, unless you can stand the taste of the powder.
    I don't know what brand you were using, but I use Optimum BCAA5000. It's a little bitter but isn't that bad in a protein shake. One of the best values i've come across too.

9. Has anyone tried 1Fast400's BCAA's???

10. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    So the Glut from my whey is sufficient to cover protein needs. But if I switch to a BCAA drink, I would not be getting the protein, just Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. In that case it seems I would need glut.

Sorry to be such a pain in the ass.
    Not really. As long as your protein intake is fairly high throughout the day, you are fine. You will hardly ever come close to depleting glutamine stores (unless your an extreme endurace athlete)
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  11. Now it all makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Not really. As long as your protein intake is fairly high throughout the day, you are fine. You will hardly ever come close to depleting glutamine stores (unless your an extreme endurace athlete)
    Cool, I'll stop bothering you now. My protein intake is always at least 1g/lb of bodyweight, usually closer to 1.5, so I think I'm set. Now it all makes sense.

Much thanks.

12. 1Fast has the best deal, get BCAA's by the kilo and add it to your own coctails. Pre-mixes are great, but they cost a hell of a lot more...

13. Quote Originally Posted by milwood
    1Fast has the best deal, get BCAA's by the kilo and add it to your own coctails. Pre-mixes are great, but they cost a hell of a lot more...
    I'll have to check that out. I gotta place a big order soon.

14. I agree w/ the bulk BCAA's. Bobo loves Vendetta, but I think I can make my own w/ some BCAA's & some fructose powder at much cheaper.

15. Quote Originally Posted by meathead1987

10g Taurine
    That is an ass load of taurine. I usually see recommended doses more around 3-5g's. A Red Bull only has 2 :-)

16. I have played around with doses, and 10g is definately superior to lower doses for energy and pumps. Its cheap as hell too.

17. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    I agree w/ the bulk BCAA's. Bobo loves Vendetta, but I think I can make my own w/ some BCAA's & some fructose powder at much cheaper.
    Vendetta uses free form amino's.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

18. And sucrose and d-glucose as its' carb sources. Not fructose. I also noticed the last ingredient WAS splenda. IE taste concerns.

19. Free form amino's has the most horrid taste on earth.

20. Sorry to be a bad student, what exactly are free form aminos?

21. I thought Fructose is basicly metabolized by the liver to replete liver glycogen. I remember reading something by Jon Berardi saying that fructose wasn't the best carb to consume around a workout. Any merrit to that?

And yes, I do read T-mag once in a while.

22. I thin k if liver glycogen is not full then muscle glycogen repletion is impared.

23. Fructose does replenish liver glycogen which then leaves the majority of the other carbs for muscle glycogen. I like this preworkout simply for energy needs.

24. Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er
    Sorry to be a bad student, what exactly are free form aminos?
    "Also, the free form status in addition to using only the essential amino acids creates an anabolic stimulating super hyperaminoacidemic environment. Essential amino acids are the fastest absorbed of all the amino acids [27]. Large hydrogen mass of the side chains and neutral status increases affinity to the transporters. Of all the amino acids, methionine, leucine, isoleucine, and valine are the fastest absorbing of all. Exercising muscles will not have to compete with the stomach and digestive tract for valuable resources to digest the nutrients. In return, nutrients will be made available rather quickly to the cells while creating only positive benefits, such as increased nitrogen balance (NB) and growth, not the typical muscle protein degradation. "

25. I use the following pre-workout;

3gm Taurine
    3gm AAKG
    3gm Leucine
    3gm Citrulline Malate
    300mg B-6

Basically buy the powders and mix 4 equal parts and put into capsules, take 12-15 45 minutes pre workout and the pumps are insane. Take another 8 capsules post workout along with post workout shake/meal. Try to keep it simple. I am not a big proponent of Glutamine or GP's, never saw a difference with either and went up to 10gms with both.

26. gobig1-
    do you have an industrial style capper, or just a lot of time? I go crazy trying to cap stuff, so I have just learned to love the taste of everything mixed up in hideous concoctions that look like bilge water.

27. I use the "Cap-em-Quik" model. A little messy, not real accurate, just stuff as much as I can in the Caps with the tamper, but works good enough. Have used AAKG alone and loved it, adding the Leucine helps with muscle preservation IMO, the combination is the best "budget" mix I have used, there may be better, but my budget likes my mix.

28. Quote Originally Posted by milwood
    gobig1-
    do you have an industrial style capper, or just a lot of time? I go crazy trying to cap stuff, so I have just learned to love the taste of everything mixed up in hideous concoctions that look like bilge water.
    Mmmm Mmmm Good!
  29. Lean One

I am refering to fructose around workout time by Beradi comment. I think he was thinking about it's Glycemic value; near 20 if I remember. I think he was making the point of how to utilize work out, post-work insulin conditions. Dextrose, glucose, sucrose if my memory serves me create the spikes in our sugar values.

30. So Bobo, straight up bulk BCAA's from 1fast won't be as good as vendetta's formula?

I thought the best parts of Vendetta was the BCAA's and the sugars.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Making my own Pre Workout - Advice Needed/Welcomed
    By gboslice in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 05:18 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 09:45 PM
  3. Making my own Anarchy/UCP-1 stack
    By Supa Freek 420 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 01:49 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-27-2003, 08:51 PM
  5. Plan on making my own EQ from powder....
    By JBlaze in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 04:30 PM