Making My Own BCAA Pre/During WO Cocktail

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Peptides survive the splanchnic bed a tiny bit more but nothing of any significance.

Free and protein-bound glutamine have identical splanchnic extraction in healthy human volunteers.

Boza JJ, Dangin M, Moennoz D, Montigon F, Vuichoud J, Jarret A, Pouteau E, Gremaud G, Oguey-Araymon S, Courtois D, Woupeyi A, Finot PA, Ballevre O.

Nestle Research Center, Vers-Chez-Les-Blanc, 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland.

The objectives of the present study were to determine the splanchnic extraction of glutamine after ingestion of glutamine-rich protein ((15)N-labeled oat proteins) and to compare it with that of free glutamine and to determine de novo glutamine synthesis before and after glutamine consumption. Eight healthy adults were infused intravenously in the postabsorptive state with L-[1-(13)C]glutamine (3 micromol x kg(-1) x h(-1)) and L-[1-(13)C]lysine (1.5 micromol x kg(-1) x h(-1)) for 8 h. Four hours after the beginning of the infusion, subjects consumed (every 20 min) a liquid formula providing either 2.5 g of protein from (15)N-labeled oat proteins or a mixture of free amino acids that mimicked the oat-amino acid profile and contained L-[2,5-(15)N(2)]glutamine and L-[2-(15)N]lysine. Splanchnic extraction of glutamine reached 62.5 +/- 5.0% and 66.7 +/- 3.9% after administration of (15)N-labeled oat proteins and the mixture of free amino acids, respectively. Lysine splanchnic extraction was also not different (40.9 +/- 11.9% and 34.9 +/- 10.6% for (15)N-labeled oat proteins and free amino acids, respectively). The main conclusion of the present study is that glutamine is equally bioavailable when given enterally as a free amino acid and when protein bound. Therefore, and taking into consideration the drawbacks of free glutamine supplementation of ready-to-use formulas for enteral nutrition, protein sources naturally rich in this amino acid are the best option for providing stable glutamine.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

2. Based on that it seems that glutamine intake is important. If food is as good as supplemental glutamine, and I am taking it pre and during a workout, wouldn't it then make sense to take a glut supp? I don't do well with eating before workouts.
    •   

3. My ideal pre workout would be something like:

30mins pre:
    3g CEE
    3g Citrulline malate
    10g Taurine
    2g ALCAR
    2g Tyrosine
    3g Choline
    1-2g Betaine HCL
    500mg DAME

then a whey/dex shake at the start of the workout.

It kind of a Body octane/Neurostim hybrid

4. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Based on that it seems that glutamine intake is important. If food is as good as supplemental glutamine, and I am taking it pre and during a workout, wouldn't it then make sense to take a glut supp? I don't do well with eating before workouts.
    Gluatmine intake is achieved with any protein source. If you are taking in protein around your workout, then why would you add more glutamine (since the majority of its fate is conversion into glucose anyway) ??
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    ...The carbs will go strait to your muscles during and post WO.This will go a long way in preserving muscle during a cut.
    This is no joke. Fantastic practice to get into. It does wonders for me.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    No offense, but I just don't trust or believe in alot of the things over at bb.com... I don't think they have the knowledge, experience, or the overall amount of knowledgeable people that AM has.
    BB.com is fantastic if you cannot afford tickets to Ringling Bros., etc.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    I used to call BB.com my home.(OMG, did I just admit that?? ) This was years ago. Eventually, if you're persistant enough, you are lead to places where real knowlege is available. That's why I'm proud to call AM my home.
    Congrats on the moderator-ship? (waiting for beowulf to jump on me for that one) Eventhough you used to be a bb.com person

8. Thanks. It is amazing how things can change over time.

9. Agreed, like the circus comment though.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  10. Lightbulb Ahhhhh Hahhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Gluatmine intake is achieved with any protein source. If you are taking in protein around your workout, then why would you add more glutamine (since the majority of its fate is conversion into glucose anyway) ??
    So the Glut from my whey is sufficient to cover protein needs. But if I switch to a BCAA drink, I would not be getting the protein, just Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. In that case it seems I would need glut.

Sorry to be such a pain in the ass.

11. Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    Congrats on the moderator-ship? (waiting for beowulf to jump on me for that one) Eventhough you used to be a bb.com person
    I'm not the stuck-up English teacher type; I encourage kids to experiment with language. That is where innovation comes from.

12. I used to buy BCAA powder. The stuff tastes like battery acid. Nothing really killed the taste of it. The only thing that came close was when I mixed it into v-12. IMO you are better off just buying the premade one, unless you can stand the taste of the powder.

13. Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    I used to buy BCAA powder. The stuff tastes like battery acid. Nothing really killed the taste of it. The only thing that came close was when I mixed it into v-12. IMO you are better off just buying the premade one, unless you can stand the taste of the powder.
    I don't know what brand you were using, but I use Optimum BCAA5000. It's a little bitter but isn't that bad in a protein shake. One of the best values i've come across too.

14. Has anyone tried 1Fast400's BCAA's???

15. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    So the Glut from my whey is sufficient to cover protein needs. But if I switch to a BCAA drink, I would not be getting the protein, just Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. In that case it seems I would need glut.

Sorry to be such a pain in the ass.
    Not really. As long as your protein intake is fairly high throughout the day, you are fine. You will hardly ever come close to depleting glutamine stores (unless your an extreme endurace athlete)
  16. Now it all makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Not really. As long as your protein intake is fairly high throughout the day, you are fine. You will hardly ever come close to depleting glutamine stores (unless your an extreme endurace athlete)
    Cool, I'll stop bothering you now. My protein intake is always at least 1g/lb of bodyweight, usually closer to 1.5, so I think I'm set. Now it all makes sense.

Much thanks.

17. 1Fast has the best deal, get BCAA's by the kilo and add it to your own coctails. Pre-mixes are great, but they cost a hell of a lot more...

18. Quote Originally Posted by milwood
    1Fast has the best deal, get BCAA's by the kilo and add it to your own coctails. Pre-mixes are great, but they cost a hell of a lot more...
    I'll have to check that out. I gotta place a big order soon.

19. I agree w/ the bulk BCAA's. Bobo loves Vendetta, but I think I can make my own w/ some BCAA's & some fructose powder at much cheaper.

20. Quote Originally Posted by meathead1987

10g Taurine
    That is an ass load of taurine. I usually see recommended doses more around 3-5g's. A Red Bull only has 2 :-)

21. I have played around with doses, and 10g is definately superior to lower doses for energy and pumps. Its cheap as hell too.

22. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    I agree w/ the bulk BCAA's. Bobo loves Vendetta, but I think I can make my own w/ some BCAA's & some fructose powder at much cheaper.
    Vendetta uses free form amino's.

23. And sucrose and d-glucose as its' carb sources. Not fructose. I also noticed the last ingredient WAS splenda. IE taste concerns.

24. Free form amino's has the most horrid taste on earth.

25. Sorry to be a bad student, what exactly are free form aminos?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Making my own stimulant free pre-workout need feedbacks
    By Monte_Cristo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-06-2015, 02:51 PM
  2. Making my own Pre Workout - Advice Needed/Welcomed
    By gboslice in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 05:18 AM
  3. Making my own Anarchy/UCP-1 stack
    By Supa Freek 420 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 01:49 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-27-2003, 08:51 PM
  5. Plan on making my own EQ from powder....
    By JBlaze in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 04:30 PM