Alphabrain

usernamee

Awards
Ordered alpha brain and 5-HTP the other day and plan to take it whenever it comes in. Currently I'm on 600mg 11-x ED, alphamine, and alpha t-2. Anyways I didn't really see anything that makes me think there would be a bad interaction taking the alpha brain and 5-HTP while on the supplements I'm on right now, but out of curiosity and safety thought I'd get a second opinion for yall. What do you guys think?

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
you should do a review on here when you're done. I've always been curious, Rogan pushes the hell out of it

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you should do a review on here when you're done. I've always been curious, Rogan pushes the hell out of it
Better nootropics all in one products out which are far less expensive and a whole lot more effective.

xLGx

Awards
Alphabrain is horribly underdosed and overpriced. If you already have it and there is no way to get your money back, I guess go ahead and use it. Next time, get Focus XT.

Or, if you want to shell out that kind of cash, Haleo Mindset is a good formula as well albeit a little more expensive.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alphabrain is horribly underdosed and overpriced. If you already have it and there is no way to get your money back, I guess go ahead and use it. Next time, get Focus XT.

Or, if you want to shell out that kind of cash, Haleo Mindset is a good formula as well albeit a little more expensive.
Nothing against those products you've mentioned but there's still better premade formulas out there for nootropics at even better prices. Animal Pharm for one puts out some decent ones. Including one with a small dose of adrafinil included.

xLGx

Awards
Nothing against those products you've mentioned but there's still better premade formulas out there for nootropics at even better prices. Animal Pharm for one puts out some decent ones. Including one with a small dose of adrafinil included.
Wow, didn't even know about those. Good stuff.

I thought he was looking for something along the lines of AlphaBrain's formula.

usernamee

Awards

Yeah, before buying it I read a lot of people complaining about price and dosing so I went an tried to get some ingredients separately, but it all ended up being more expensive than alpha brain, but of course more ingredients that would last longer. Because of this I just decided to go with alphabrain to see if I even liked nootropics since I was completely new to them. I have been taking alphabrain for a few days now and has actually lived up to my expectations. I'm definitely more focused, and I spend about at least 30 minutes a day on cambridgebrainsciences.com to see my scores before AB go up, which they have, especially in the concentration tests. imgur: the simple image sharer imgur: the simple image sharer

And I've always dreamed most nights of sleep and remember them well so I didn't think AB when enhance my dreams at all, but to my surprise it definitely has. Dreams have been much more vivid and real. But you're probably right, there are most likely better products than AB, so I'll either look into those or buy the ingredients I want separately.

Will definitely check those out, thanks!

edit- wow man, that site is legit. I think I'll try the Kusanagi blend sometime, maybe stacked with focus xt.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, didn't even know about those. Good stuff.I thought he was looking for something along the lines of AlphaBrain's formula.
I find a lot of the more popular natural stacks are good but tend to be stimulating more than helping with actual absorption of information. So great for cramming but for overall memory enhancement and learning, racetam stacks seem to be more appropriate. I've actually bought the sample pack Animal Pharm has, I didn't go crazy and go for the 10 caps of each pack though, lol. That was too much of a commitment.

usernamee

Awards
I find a lot of the more popular natural stacks are good but tend to be stimulating more than helping with actual absorption of information. So great for cramming but for overall memory enhancement and learning, racetam stacks seem to be more appropriate. I've actually bought the sample pack Animal Pharm has, I didn't go crazy and go for the 10 caps of each pack though, lol. That was too much of a commitment.
Any thoughts on the Kusanagi blend? (noopept 100mg, piracetam 850mg/pill)

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any thoughts on the Kusanagi blend? (noopept 100mg, piracetam 850mg/pill)
Way too much noopept for me. Made me a little too easily aggravated. I usually take 10-20 mg's of noopept at a time. Might work for you though, I would highly suggest taking some choline with it.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Animal Pharm is putting out some interesting supps, what would you recommend for focus?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Animal Pharm is putting out some interesting supps, what would you recommend for focus?
It's really dependent on the individual. I suggest picking up the sampler pack to figure out what works best for XYZ for you.

usernamee

Awards
It's really dependent on the individual. I suggest picking up the sampler pack to figure out what works best for XYZ for you.
Can the products on animal pharm be used while on stimulants such as clen or EC?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can the products on animal pharm be used while on stimulants such as clen or EC?
I would take them hours apart from heavy stims. Lots of negs comes along with such stacks sometimes. I would definitely not use anything with adrafinil in it with heavy stims (or any stims for that matter). This goes with pretty much all heavy duty nootropics.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Better nootropics all in one products out which are far less expensive and a whole lot more effective.
This. It is a shame that people are being duped that don't know noots and adaptogens into thinking this is a quality product.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This. It is a shame that people are being duped that don't know noots and adaptogens into thinking this is a quality product.
Focux XT does what it says it does on the tin and it's a good product (based on the profile, I haven't actually tried the product myself but have tried those ingredients together or on their own combined with other things, etc.). It's just more of a natty focus product rather than something that is geared for things like long term cognition, memory, learning, etc. Focus XT is also VERY good as a preworkout or part of a preworkout stack. Different tools for different jobs really. Just when people mention nootropics, my mind goes towards potent nootropic ingredients that deal with memory, learning capacity, RNA health, etc. since they tend to be more effective and also cheaper in the long run than a lot of other supplements on the market (especially when you buy the things in bulk, have you seen the price for noopept powder? it's like next to nothing!).

I wouldn't take a nootropic learning/study stack as a preworkout for instance. It's kind of wasted in that scenario. Except for maybe modafinil, but that's a weird stimulant with cognition effects rather than a nootropic.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't stand Focus XT. I used Aniracetam for many years and have found that Bacopa is much better for it's anxiolytic properties and recall. Perhaps I just needed to take a break for awhile and go back. I have tons of it, so I can always add it back in. For me, there is nothing that can come close to phenylpiracetam for overall body and mental energy and tunnel like focus. It is pretty crazy stuff, imo, and I tend to use it on a rec level more than anything.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't stand Focus XT. I used Aniracetam for many years and have found that Bacopa is much better for it's anxiolytic properties and recall. Perhaps I just needed to take a break for awhile and go back. I have tons of it, so I can always add it back in. For me, there is nothing that can come close to phenylpiracetam for overall body and mental energy and tunnel like focus. It is pretty crazy stuff, imo, and I tend to use it on a rec level more than anything.
Modafinil + piracetam >>>>>>>>>>> phenylpiracetam ;)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
We respond very similarly. Bacopa and phenylP FTW

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Modafinil + piracetam >>>>>>>>>>> phenylpiracetam ;)
Oh man, modafinil made me feel crazy. I did not like the feeling at all and I was so uncomfortable in my own skin I just wanted it to stop.

Phenyl is a very smooth, even ride and you don't even know when it really wears off, it just kind of gradually fades and you are back to normal with no crash. My favorite part is the increased visual sensory. I love jumping on my bike or going snowboarding and just hanging in the trees the whole time. I look at it like a "back to nature" noot and why I don't use it during the week at work or anything similar.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We respond very similarly. Bacopa and phenylP FTW
I will say that Bacopa has quickly come to be my favorite supplement. Very close to ashwagandha, but the recall and overall mental clarity is so noticeable.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will say that Bacopa has quickly come to be my favorite supplement. Very close to ashwagandha, but the recall and overall mental clarity is so noticeable.

I know you probably answered this already but what Bacopa brand/dose do you use?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Himalaya Pure Herbs 24%. It is the strongest I have found and the only one I have used for the last 6 months or so.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh man, modafinil made me feel crazy. I did not like the feeling at all and I was so uncomfortable in my own skin I just wanted it to stop.

Phenyl is a very smooth, even ride and you don't even know when it really wears off, it just kind of gradually fades and you are back to normal with no crash. My favorite part is the increased visual sensory. I love jumping on my bike or going snowboarding and just hanging in the trees the whole time. I look at it like a "back to nature" noot and why I don't use it during the week at work or anything similar.
Ah, I see I see. You're one of those freaked out on modafinil folks. Understandable :D Yeah, I wouldn't use modafinil if it has that effect on you. I would stay even further away from adrafinil not because it's stronger or anything, but because there's a delay before it hits you as opposed to modafinil where you pop it and pretty quickly it hits you so you can anticipate it better.

One thing I've noticed with modafinil though is that if I overdo it, stuff can kind of build up and make me into an insomniac :p

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Himalaya Pure Herbs 24%. It is the strongest I have found and the only one I have used for the last 6 months or so.
It appears that brand provides 70 mg of Bacopa Saposins per caplet. The one I've been taking lately (and is helping with anxiety) is stardardized to Triterpine Glycosides (including Bacosides, Bacopasides, Bacopasaponins, Luteolin, Apigenin, Bacosine and Beta-sitosterol) and provides 175 mg per capsule (recommendation is 2 capsules per day). That's more than twice the amount in many other brands. Is Bacopa one of those supplements that's better at lower dosages or does anyone know if there's an upper limit that would start to have negative effects in the long run?

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It appears that brand provides 70 mg of Bacopa Saposins per caplet. The one I've been taking lately (and is helping with anxiety) is stardardized to Triterpine Glycosides (including Bacosides, Bacopasides, Bacopasaponins, Luteolin, Apigenin, Bacosine and Beta-sitosterol) and provides 175 mg per capsule (recommendation is 2 capsules per day). That's more than twice the amount in many other brands. Is Bacopa one of those supplements that's better at lower dosages or does anyone know if there's an upper limit that would start to have negative effects in the long run?
Are you using Nutrigold Bacopa Gold?

usernamee

Awards
What is the difference between natural supplements and a racetam?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wonder if the extract % matters more than the actual mg.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wonder if the extract % matters more than the actual mg.
Maybe. Bacopa Gold is 225 mg at 50% (BacoMind) and 275 mg at 20% per capsule. So, the percent extract is really high compared to others too. However, I don't know what this means in the short or long term when compared to those other brands.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most racetams are natural supplements used for for cognitive enhancement.
Technically they are a drug and I think all of them don't actually appear in nature and/or are not metabolites of anything?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
True I guess?
I think the term nootropic was created initially for the purpose of being able to categorize piracetam because it was a new synthesized chemical/drug.

usernamee

Awards
Most racetams are natural supplements used for for cognitive enhancement.Google examine.com for further research help.
Yeah, I've searched examine.com on all of this before, but still some unanswered questions. If noopept, piracetam, etc are all natural then why are they not more widely available as stuff like bacopa, alpha GPC, etc?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I've searched examine.com on all of this before, but still some unanswered questions. If noopept, piracetam, etc are all natural then why are they not more widely available as stuff like bacopa, alpha GPC, etc?
Because noopept and racetams are not natural? Bacopa is from a plant. Alpha-GPC is a form of choline which is a nutrient. There are nootropic drugs such as the racetams, some stimulants, etc. Then there are nutrients that can have nootropic properties. Then there are herbal/plant extracts which have nootropic properties.

usernamee

Awards
Because noopept and racetams are not natural? Bacopa is from a plant. Alpha-GPC is a form of choline which is a nutrient. There are nootropic drugs such as the racetams, some stimulants, etc. Then there are nutrients that can have nootropic properties. Then there are herbal/plant extracts which have nootropic properties.
Lol yeah that's what I thought I was confused when koi said racetams were natural. So, pretty much racetams are just more effective?

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think the term nootropic was created initially for the purpose of being able to categorize piracetam because it was a new synthesized chemical/drug.
I agree and I did edit my post.Since they do not occur in nature and they are not natural derivatives

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Tetsuo looks pretty cool, did you try that one?
I have tried Sulbutamine, Piracetam but wasn't impressed... Adrafinil looks pretty cool though?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol yeah that's what I thought I was confused when koi said racetams were natural. So, pretty much racetams are just more effective?
I wouldn't say more effective. These things all do different things. Racetams and noopept are basically drugs that increases uptake of choline (that's why many also take them with a choline source, otherwise some people end up with headaches and what not due to choline depletation). A lot of the herbal extract stuff do other things like they might have CNS stimulating qualities, anti-anxiety, etc. which can be beneficial for cognition. Some are nutrients like tyrosine which can complement and enhance other ingredients such as CNS stimulants (caffeine for example). Some are nutrients which helps things like RNA production. So it’s not one is better than the other.

You can take many of these things on their own, but the idea behind stacks is that some of these things when used together, they have synergistic effects which may enhance each component or even create an entirely different overall effect.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, not necessarily. Some racetams don't work at all for some people and why there is such a strong stance from those that find one that works.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tetsuo looks pretty cool, did you try that one?
I have tried Sulbutamine, Piracetam but wasn't impressed... Adrafinil looks pretty cool though?
Only a handful of times from the sample pack I bought. There’s not a lot of adrafinil in it but it doesn’t feel like they were trying to go for that full heads on keep you going through the night feel. I think they added it in to just give you that bit of pep to synergize with the rest of the other ingredients.

With modafinil/adrafinil, I would half dose them at first (100 mg’s for modafinil, 150 mg’s for adrafinil) to see how you respond to it. Stuff is not like meth though, so please keep expectations reasonable :p It helps clear mental fog as well as just generally allow you to function well with the task at hand and also be able to go for quite awhile. I would be cautious with use, I know that when I first played around with it, I took it like every day without breaks for a short while, stuff kind of build up for me and I had some insomnia. YMMV.

usernamee

Awards
I apologize I was wrong.No more broscience from me.
No worries man, we're all here to teach and learn
I wouldn't say more effective. These things all do different things. Racetams and noopept are basically drugs that increases uptake of choline (that's why many also take them with a choline source, otherwise some people end up with headaches and what not due to choline depletation). A lot of the herbal extract stuff do other things like they might have CNS stimulating qualities, anti-anxiety, etc. which can be beneficial for cognition. Some are nutrients like tyrosine which can complement and enhance other ingredients such as CNS stimulants (caffeine for example). Some are nutrients which helps things like RNA production. So it’s not one is better than the other.

You can take many of these things on their own, but the idea behind stacks is that some of these things when used together, they have synergistic effects which may enhance each component or even create an entirely different overall effect.
I see. I'm probably going to try focus xt, phenibut xt, and some bacopa.
No, not necessarily. Some racetams don't work at all for some people and why there is such a strong stance from those that find one that works.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to just keep researching and trying different things out.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Only a handful of times from the sample pack I bought. There’s not a lot of adrafinil in it but it doesn’t feel like they were trying to go for that full heads on keep you going through the night feel. I think they added it in to just give you that bit of pep to synergize with the rest of the other ingredients.

With modafinil/adrafinil, I would half dose them at first (100 mg’s for modafinil, 150 mg’s for adrafinil) to see how you respond to it. Stuff is not like meth though, so please keep expectations reasonable :p It helps clear mental fog as well as just generally allow you to function well with the task at hand and also be able to go for quite awhile. I would be cautious with use, I know that when I first played around with it, I took it like every day without breaks for a short while, stuff kind of build up for me and I had some insomnia. YMMV.
That's what I felt on Piracetam and Alpha GPC, didn't really "feel" anything except I had hard time to sleep :(
To be honest, I do try to find the Meth effect, lol!
I would like something to "wake" my mind up and keep it sharp! I tend to get disappointed when I try stuff on my own so I would like a recommendation on a mix that would good, the closer to Adderall the better :D
Thanks!

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's what I felt on Piracetam and Alpha GPC, didn't really "feel" anything except I had hard time to sleep :(
To be honest, I do try to find the Meth effect, lol!
I would like something to "wake" my mind up and keep it sharp! I tend to get disappointed when I try stuff on my own so I would like a recommendation on a mix that would good, the closer to Adderall the better :D
Thanks!
Oh, you will 110% be awake on modafinil or adrafinil (well, for most people at least). If you have to get work done, when you’re doing the work you will just not feel fatigued. The difference here is that you’re not going to be jittery. You’re awake and clear minded and able to focus on the task at hand. What you won’t be is feeling like you want to run around flipping over cars and what not. It’s also not the Adderall effect.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
What you won’t be is feeling like you want to run around flipping over cars and what not. It’s also not the Adderall effect.
Lol, that's what I'm looking for!!!
Is it anything that can give me close to that?