Ephedrine overrated?

AldrichAStern

Awards
Just curious... why is ephedra so useful for fat burning? I understand the indirect effects -- more energy... appetite suppression when stacked... but I heard that it only offers a 2%-3% increase in metabolism?

So that means if you're burning 2400 calories a day, it's the equivalent of burning 48 calories? lol... that doesn't make sense. Was that figure wrong? Have a lot of people had a good experience on an ECY stack while cutting?

youi09

Board Supporter
Awards
50 calories isn't so little when you are already in a deficit. Say you do cardio 3-4 times a week and run the ec stack 3 times a day , you're going to burn 350 calories a week on top of the deficit you are in from cutting calories and doing cardio. Secondly , I think it depends on dosing and whether you would stack it with yohimbine.

Other than that like you said, it gives you focus, energy, and appetite supression which leads eventually to even more burned calories.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Ephedrine has multiple uses. Its not just a diet drug. I like to use the most for a preworkout boost.

csly

Awards
I have seen refences that say that 50 mg epderine and 400mg caffeine a day give you a 6-7% increase in metabolism.

FunkMasterFlex

Awards
I have seen refences that say that 50 mg epderine and 400mg caffeine a day give you a 6-7% increase in metabolism.
I believe they found it to increase usage of intra-muscular TAG stores. Like clen to i believe. Uses for fat for energy than glucose.

stinkfist

Awards
It's not that it just helps with fat loss, but it also prevents muscle loss as well.

AldrichAStern

Awards
Haha thanks guys. I didn't really think Ephedrine was overrated... just wanted people to read the thread and didn't fully understand how such a seemingly small increase in metabolism would lead to fat loss.

Thanks for the info

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
I used it in the ECA stack & loved it! Could only handle it 2x a day, but it definitely made a differnce in both my energy and fat loss. I think the extra pep also improved my mood too.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
another important consideration seems to be the benefit of cycling this and other stimulants. The down regulation of receptors (perhaps that's not the proper definition in this regard) or whatever renders the effects less pronounced over time can be solved by taking some time off. I've heard that the fat-burning/metabolism boost does not lose effect, but the energy-boost wanes over time for sure. I take time off of this and try to do the same with caffeine, although not very successfully...

R6Speed

Board Supporter
Awards
The article states that it actually becomes more effective with chronic use with regard to increasing metabolic rate. I tend to only use it for 2-3 weeks at a time, maybe that’s why I don’t notice much from it.

lpteck

Awards
I've been using it over the last 15days and I am beggining to feel it less each time. I never take it on non workout days and try to give myslef 7 days or so of after 21 days on. I'm not worried about cutting I only use it to really pump up the workouts.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The article states that it actually becomes more effective with chronic use with regard to increasing metabolic rate. I tend to only use it for 2-3 weeks at a time, maybe that’s why I don’t notice much from it.
Yes it works better and has been safely used for 6 months. Only thing which changes is that you don't get that feeling tht you're on crack with prolonged use but that doesn't mean it's not working

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've been using it over the last 15days and I am beggining to feel it less each time. I never take it on non workout days and try to give myslef 7 days or so of after 21 days on. I'm not worried about cutting I only use it to really pump up the workouts.
Just because you don't "feel" something working doesn't mean its not working.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I used it in the ECA stack & loved it! Could only handle it 2x a day, but it definitely made a differnce in both my energy and fat loss. I think the extra pep also improved my mood too.

That is because it is, in essence, an amphetamine. Amphetamines were the standard treatment for depression until the newer drugs came along.

Long term use has it's problems though. There's a lot of disagreement over cardiac issues but there's no doub it can mess up your prostate. The first time I took it, I felt like I had sat on a broken bottle.

I also believe that many people can get away with using far less E than they think. 5 mg does very well for me with a cup of coffee.