Yohimbine hcl + cardio

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How should one dose yhcl if wanting to do HIIT... I tried running after taking my full 15mg for the day (YC stack) and could not breathe. Any thoughts / experiences would be helpful

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Well, I've read that it's recommended up to 20mg. I just started taking Primaforce's Y-HCL yesterday (7.5mg) to assess tolerance. However, I already know that I can because I can take Alphamine and Norcordrene no problem. When I read Lyle McDonald's write up about y-hcl, I was all over it.

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
Most will advise against using Yohimbine with HIIT, due to increased heart rate, and yohimbine should be dosed small in the beginning and increased as tolerance builds IMO.

Lyle Mcdonalds Stubborn Fat Solution is an intersting read, and his protocol using a combination of HIIT, LISS, and supplements (YC) is a very nice resource.

Younglifter16

Awards
were the doses spread out over the day, or bolused pre cardio? Yohimbine HCL makes my HIIT sessions a breeze mentally and physically, I love it.

I do HIIT post workout, so Ill do 3 caps of yohimbine pre workout, and take an additional 4 pre cardio (2.5mg per cap). Don't forget that if you have caffeine in there you won't need the "full dose" of yohimbine.

I just started taking Primaforce's Y-HCL yesterday (7.5mg) to assess tolerance. However, I already know that I can because I can take Alphamine and Norcordrene no problem.
alphamine has a yohimbe extract which is different from pure yohimbine HCL, much different feel and the latter takes much more time getting used to working up too a good dose.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Should have mentioned that I took 7.5mg pre workout. Had no issues what so ever. I think it's good to use not just for cardio but for weight training too. My opinion.

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
Yohimbine is a mobilizer, it allows for increase blood flow and for your fat cells to be more readily available for oxidation. Unless you are working high volume and time under tension, Yohimbine will have little effect otherwise when lifting. Its best used in a fasted state (insulin negates any benefits) with cardio 10 minutes HIIT+30-40minutes LISS-MISS seems to be the sweet spot for most people.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I personally don't like Yohimbine with HIIT at all.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Yohimbine is a mobilizer, it allows for increase blood flow and for your fat cells to be more readily available for oxidation. Unless you are working high volume and time under tension, Yohimbine will have little effect otherwise when lifting. Its best used in a fasted state (insulin negates any benefits) with cardio 10 minutes HIIT+30-40minutes LISS-MISS seems to be the sweet spot for most people.
Thanks bruiser. However, I do train fasted on most days AND have incorporated TUT in my routine. Although I'm not doing that currently.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks all. I've read the literature by Lyle and worked up to 15mg over the course of a week. I always train fasted and normally do HIIT after lifting. New program im doing starting Monday is only 3 full body lifting days, so I moved my HIIT to the in between days, and planned for one day of LISS. So I guess my only issue is how to dose on my HIIT days.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see why you would take it all at once like that. I'd break up the dosage and work up to the total. Start low and work up, but still spread it out into three doses. Taking it all at once just seems retarded to me.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
I don't see why you would take it all at once like that. I'd break up the dosage and work up to the total. Start low and work up, but still spread it out into three doses. Taking it all at once just seems retarded to me.
Unless you're going carb free all day, taking all/most before you introduce insulin is preferential.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Plenty of people take the full dose at once. I don't recommend doing it prior to HIIT however.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Plenty of people take the full dose at once. I don't recommend doing it prior to HIIT however.
I'm sure they do, but that doesn't make it right/safe. I've never seen a bottle of Yohimbine hcl that recommended to take the entire total dosage at one time. Spreading out the total dosage just seems like it would be more effective and have less side effects. Just like with any fat burner/stimulant product.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm sure they do, but that doesn't make it right/safe. I've never seen a bottle of Yohimbine hcl that recommended to take the entire total dosage at one time. Spreading out the total dosage just seems like it would be more effective and have less side effects. Just like with any fat burner/stimulant product.
True, but we know as more educated consumers that these are guidelines. U dont see bronkaid being sold as a fat burner. Yohimbine bottle says 1-3 capsules daily.. That's 2.5-7.5mg and relatively useless for the purpose of a YC stack.

I wonder if adding a dose of aspirin would help for the HIIT ?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unless you're going carb free all day, taking all/most before you introduce insulin is preferential.
That's why I dose it all prior to a workout (throughout the day) bc when I'm done lifting I wanna get those carbs!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True, but we know as more educated consumers that these are guidelines. U dont see bronkaid being sold as a fat burner. Yohimbine bottle says 1-3 capsules daily.. That's 2.5-7.5mg and relatively useless for the purpose of a YC stack.

Is it really?. Maybe if that's the only thing your using stimulant wise....What about all the fat burners that have some form of yohimbe in them?. I'm sure it's not some huge arbitrary dose. I mean you don't take your entire dose for the day in one sitting for products like that. With you, you took your entire dosage at one time and couldn't breathe. That's a pretty bad side effect, which I would think was caused by taking too much at once.

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
IMO Spreading the dose is ineffective even if your carb free all day. It's a mobilizer, you can make all the fat cells readily available that you want, but it's going to need a level of intensity to oxidize. So unless you work a high labor job it's not going go to do much to take throughout the day.

It also builds a tolerance quickly, that's why it's better to start small and then build up to your highest dose.

If you can handle a high heart rate and the possibility of shortness of breathe, doing HIIT is possible. The purpose of doing a shorter HIIT sesh followed by 30 mins of LISS is that the HIIT will increase blood flow, increase mobilization so when you do the bout of LISS oxidation can occur at a higher rate.

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
Also... Most yohimbine in fat burners is either yohimbe or an extract which are pointless.

Yohimbine HCI Is what you want it's the pure dose of the active ingredient found IN yohimbe bark. Products with yohimbe or any other derivative are usually dosed as high as 500mg, but that's the whole bark, it is impossible to know how much actual Yohimnbine HCI is actually active.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Also... Most yohimbine in fat burners is either yohimbe or an extract which are pointless.

Yohimbine HCI Is what you want it's the pure dose of the active ingredient found IN yohimbe bark. Products with yohimbe or any other derivative are usually dosed as high as 500mg, but that's the whole bark, it is impossible to know how much actual Yohimnbine HCI is actually active.
Yep, great point bruiser......

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

This part isn't true. Yohimbine's effective dosage hasn't been established when taken in conjunction with caffeine. It's most likely much lower when you take yohimbine in the presence of caffeine. Explained well at the bottom of post 1 here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/235182-coops-corner-4-a.html

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This part isn't true. Yohimbine's effective dosage hasn't been established when taken in conjunction with caffeine. It's most likely much lower when you take yohimbine in the presence of caffeine. Explained well at the bottom of post 1 here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/235182-coops-corner-4-a.html
You're right I did read that and forgot all about it. So I guess the best route seems to be taking a lower dose prior to HIIT. And then a dose afterward like an hour before I break my fast while I'm cooking or getting food/driving home Etc.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO Spreading the dose is ineffective even if your carb free all day. It's a mobilizer, you can make all the fat cells readily available that you want, but it's going to need a level of intensity to oxidize. So unless you work a high labor job it's not going go to do much to take throughout the day.

It also builds a tolerance quickly, that's why it's better to start small and then build up to your highest dose.

If you can handle a high heart rate and the possibility of shortness of breathe, doing HIIT is possible. The purpose of doing a shorter HIIT sesh followed by 30 mins of LISS is that the HIIT will increase blood flow, increase mobilization so when you do the bout of LISS oxidation can occur at a higher rate.
I read this somewhere too. I was actually thinking of utilizing an interval of 30 seconds max output followed by 4 minutes rest for 6 rounds for one of my cardio days. It's like LISS with HIIT mixed it. Should be great with YC

Can anyone chime in on if adding aspirin will help with the shortness of breath?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read this somewhere too. I was actually thinking of utilizing an interval of 30 seconds max output followed by 4 minutes rest for 6 rounds for one of my cardio days. It's like LISS with HIIT mixed it. Should be great with YC

Can anyone chime in on if adding aspirin will help with the shortness of breath?
Just take less yohimbine. Constantly taking more pills to stop side effects from other pills is insane.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

No, oxidation is occurring round the clock. yohimbine will work fasted, period. There is simply MORE oxidation occurring during cardio, hence that being the best time

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Not as pointless as you think if you understand the science behind the plant. There are several lipolytic alkaloids, and many of them are actually superior to yohmbine for fat loss (lower affinity for a2 [yohimbine has the highest], but much MUCH higher halflife [yohimbine's is short; some of these have a longer halflife than caffeine])

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not as pointless as you think if you understand the science behind the plant. There are several lipolytic alkaloids, and many of them are actually superior to yohmbine for fat loss (lower affinity for a2 [yohimbine has the highest], but much MUCH higher halflife [yohimbine's is short; some of these have a longer halflife than caffeine])
Does the longer half life mean you would need to dose it further away from HIIT if u want to minimize the breathing/HR issues?

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
Pointless was a poor choice of words.... But those alkaloids are also the bigger culprit for side effects. And it still makes near impossible for the average consumer to differentiate between products how much of what is in the bark. Call me bias, but I follow what Lyle recommends.

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
No, oxidation is occurring round the clock. yohimbine will work fasted, period. There is simply MORE oxidation occurring during cardio, hence that being the best time
Thanks coop making that clearer. I wasn't trying to say oxidation only occurs during cardio, but saying what's optimal. Most people don't live extremely active outside of the gym. And aren't fasted around the clock. Taking yohimbine during the day regardless of fasted or not may aide in fat burning but will be minimal compared to its effect in a fasted cardio sesh. Correct me if I'm wrong. And I'll leave this thread lol. Taking all day everyday will only lead to a tolerance and little overall effect.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Just take less yohimbine. Constantly taking more pills to stop side effects from other pills is insane.
Love this right here.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Love this right here.
In all fairness, YCA is the commonly used stack. I wasnt asking "is there something, anything, I can take to negate the effects on breathing"

I wanted to clarify if the aspirin was meant to help with this, BP, etc. since it is part of the usual stack.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Pointless was a poor choice of words.... But those alkaloids are also the bigger culprit for side effects. And it still makes near impossible for the average consumer to differentiate between products how much of what is in the bark. Call me bias, but I follow what Lyle recommends.
Again, it depends on the extract. The alkaloids that cause the nasty sides (chills, etc) are NOT the same as the yohimbinoids. Yohimbinoids create anxiety and such in prone users, but that applies to the whole class, including yohimbine. No two extracts are the same. Two that I know standardize for yohimbinoids are our products (obviously I know this one lol) and muscletech (from talking to a lead rep). The issues arise with things like "8% yohimbe bark extracts," which are typically sold by ingredient suppliers as the extract of choice. These are typically loaded with sides.

Also, Lyle is a great source on many things, but I've read his work on yohimbine, and many of his posts, especially those posted on his forum, are blatantly incorrect. He's a great source for nutrition/training. Biochemistry, not so much

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks coop making that clearer. I wasn't trying to say oxidation only occurs during cardio, but saying what's optimal. Most people don't live extremely active outside of the gym. And aren't fasted around the clock. Taking yohimbine during the day regardless of fasted or not may aide in fat burning but will be minimal compared to its effect in a fasted cardio sesh. Correct me if I'm wrong. And I'll leave this thread lol. Taking all day everyday will only lead to a tolerance and little overall effect.
I agree with this. Don't leave the thread though, you've offered good input

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
In all fairness, YCA is the commonly used stack. I wasnt asking "is there something, anything, I can take to negate the effects on breathing"

I wanted to clarify if the aspirin was meant to help with this, BP, etc. since it is part of the usual stack.
My comment wasnt directed at you. I just liked what he said lol.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

The SOB is due to an increase in total peripheral resistance. Aspirin will only weakly help. You can try nitrates

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Again, it depends on the extract. The alkaloids that cause the nasty sides (chills, etc) are NOT the same as the yohimbinoids. Yohimbinoids create anxiety and such in prone users, but that applies to the whole class, including yohimbine. No two extracts are the same. Two that I know standardize for yohimbinoids are our products (obviously I know this one lol) and muscletech (from talking to a lead rep). The issues arise with things like "8% yohimbe bark extracts," which are typically sold by ingredient suppliers as the extract of choice. These are typically loaded with sides.

Also, Lyle is a great source on many things, but I've read his work on yohimbine, and many of his posts, especially those posted on his forum, are blatantly incorrect. He's a great source for nutrition/training. Biochemistry, not so much
HOW DARE YOU!. The Solution is gonna be PISSED!

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
HOW DARE YOU!. The Solution is gonna be PISSED!
I'm a big fan of Lyle's work and when he said that, I felt like he was telling me his father was tougher then my own. Fight words. haha, kidding. I always enjoy learning more and Coop is a great source to correct some of my misinformation.