Supplements I should try?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
A sport's clinic recently opened up where I live, and one of the owners is a GA for my biomechanics class at school, he stopped me today after class and wanted to know if I would be interested in testing some supplements for them. The thing is, it is free and I get to pick the supplements I think is best, they will then order them and give them for me to try. Now my question is, what are some supplements that people here have wanted to try, and/or think this place should carry? I'm thinking price isn't a big of deal, and since it's sports related I'm guessing most of what they are looking for is bulking stuff.

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Is this something like there brand, or is it just a general test of other supps out.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Just general supplements... anything (legal) on the market today, by any company. they just want start getting some ideas. the way they are going about it is crappy way and loses them money when they could just read what other people take online, but hey their loss = my gain right?

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Glucophase XR by Designer Supps
Lean Xtreme by Designer Supps
Sesathin by Avant Labs
Body Octane by MAN
CEX by VPX
Animal Nitro by Universal

All of those supps I have taken and they all worked very well, there really isnt anything that Im interested in that I havent taken.

djs2000

Awards
If you aren't paying for them.........

Hemogex.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
gotta agree with grant. different brands would be ok.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Here's seven mostly athletically oriented supps I would like to try at some future date and get feedback from others on.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine-Arginate
Banaba Leaf Extract
Cernitin Pollen
Cinnulin PF
Dodder Seed
Fenugreek
Hoodia
Magnolia Extract

General info on all is avaliable at http://www.beyond-a-century.com/

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Serious Nutrition Solutions
CVM Extreme
CE2
CE2 matrix

Syntrax
Swole V2
Nitrous

Optimum Nutrition
100% whey
Pro Complex
Adenergy

VPX
CEX
NitronX
Hemogex
Micellear

BSN
NOXplode

My favorites :D

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
citrulline malate
hoodia
fenugreek
aneracetam
phosphatadilesirine
k-R-ALA
gugglsterones
L-Theanine

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Not yet, I haven't been the good student I am supposed to be and gone to class, and the days I have gone the guy has been at work. I got his phone number and if I don't see him Tuesday I'm gonna give him a call.

terminator

terminator

Awards
If it's free I would go with phophatidyl Serine because it's reall y expensive but really helpfull at decreasing post exercise cortisol levels.

Title: Blunting by chronic phosphatidylserine administration of the stress-induced activation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis in healthy men.
Author: Monteleone P , Maj M , Beinat L , Natale M , Kemali D
Source: Eur J Clin Pharmacol, 42(4): 385-8 1992

Abstract: The effect of chronic administration of phosphatidylserine on the neuroendocrine responses to physical stress has been examined in a placebo-controlled study in 9 healthy men. Phosphatidylserine 800 mg/d for 10 days significantly blunted the ACTH and cortisol responses to physical exercise (P = 0.003 and P = 0.03, respectively), without affecting the rise in plasma GH and PRL. Physical exercise significantly increased the plasma lactate concentration both after placebo and phosphatidylserine. The results suggest that chronic oral administration of phosphatidylserine may counteract stress-induced activation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis in man

800mg pre workout= 30-40% cortisol reduction.

Cortisol has a catabolic effect on muscle tissue.