ALCAR vs. PLCAR

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.87%

ALCAR vs. PLCAR

Been using ALCAR for a while and im satisfied with it but yesterday I starting reading up on PLCAR and it appears to have its own benefits which may or may not benefit a person who trains aerobically/anaerobically.

Found good info on both. ALCAR appears to be more mental/neurological where PLCAR appears to help with physical fatigue and increase blood flow.

L-Carnitine - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

Anyone have input which is better, or maybe take some of both? I havent heard of people taking both but in theory wouldnt it benefit to have both a mental and physical improvement from Carnitine???????

Thanks

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by LB_Patriot View Post
    Been using ALCAR for a while and im satisfied with it but yesterday I starting reading up on PLCAR and it appears to have its own benefits which may or may not benefit a person who trains aerobically/anaerobically.

Found good info on both. ALCAR appears to be more mental/neurological where PLCAR appears to help with physical fatigue and increase blood flow.

L-Carnitine - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

Anyone have input which is better, or maybe take some of both? I havent heard of people taking both but in theory wouldnt it benefit to have both a mental and physical improvement from Carnitine???????

Thanks
    Depends on what you are using it for really. I like ALCAR for the focus when I need it. While using something that already focuses me like Enhanced, I add PLCAR or LCLT instead.

Initially when running X-gels I used 1.5g of both ALCAR and LCLT and enjoyed it, you would have to test it for yourself to see if you get the benefits you are after
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Depends on what you are using it for really. I like ALCAR for the focus when I need it. While using something that already focuses me like Enhanced, I add PLCAR or LCLT instead.

Initially when running X-gels I used 1.5g of both ALCAR and LCLT and enjoyed it, you would have to test it for yourself to see if you get the benefits you are after
    Thanks. I also take "mental sharpness" supps in the morning/pre wo also. I may try PLCAR and see how it works. Thanks for your input bro.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Huge fan of PLCAR. I use ALCAR more often due to availability and price, but PLCAR is worth a try if you haven't given it a shot before.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.87%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Huge fan of PLCAR. I use ALCAR more often due to availability and price, but PLCAR is worth a try if you haven't given it a shot before.
    Cool, will do. Yea, it is pricey compared to ALCAR. 2-2.5 grams pre workout? and if I wanted to split it up, maybe 1.5 each?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Cool, will do. Yea, it is pricey compared to ALCAR. 2-2.5 grams pre workout? and if I wanted to split it up, maybe 1.5 each?
    I wouldn't exceed 2g of Carnitine in one bolus. No need.

7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

carnitine is interesting beast..all the forms have some various crossover in function to applications, except ALCAR which has unique characteristics
    if you can get various combinations of carnitine into the mix, more power to you (and I think best plan of all)
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.56%

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    carnitine is interesting beast..all the forms have some various crossover in function to applications, except ALCAR which has unique characteristics if you can get various combinations of carnitine into the mix, more power to you (and I think best plan of all)
    So maybe a gram of ALCAR and of PLCAR?

9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.87%

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    carnitine is interesting beast..all the forms have some various crossover in function to applications, except ALCAR which has unique characteristics
    if you can get various combinations of carnitine into the mix, more power to you (and I think best plan of all)
    Well I'm runnin low on ALCAR so I may pickup some ALCAR and PLCAR and do 1g and 1g and see what I get. I've been doing 2g's (every so often 2.5g) pre wo. none on rest days. I take other supps as well to give me mental focus such as ginko and dopa mucuna. Usually some caffeine alone will get me in focus mode.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.56%

Well I'm runnin low on ALCAR so I may pickup some ALCAR and PLCAR and do 1g and 1g and see what I get. I've been doing 2g's (every so often 2.5g) pre wo. none on rest days. I take other supps as well to give me mental focus such as ginko and dopa mucuna. Usually some caffeine alone will get me in focus mode.
    If you pick up ALCAR, try daily dosing. As you've probably been able to tell, it elicits acute effects but it's prolonged effects with continued (daily) usage are very nice. I would cycle off after a few months.

11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.18%

Well for me, I just started using 2g of PLCAR pre work out. Too early to review.

Also, along with PLCAR, I use DAA and Xfactor.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.87%

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    If you pick up ALCAR, try daily dosing. As you've probably been able to tell, it elicits acute effects but it's prolonged effects with continued (daily) usage are very nice. I would cycle off after a few months.
    Lol, TBH. Ive been taking ALCAR with very few breaks, for a few years now.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.87%

Quote Originally Posted by cbsharpe View Post
    Well for me, I just started using 2g of PLCAR pre work out. Too early to review.

Also, along with PLCAR, I use DAA and Xfactor.
    I've taken DAA and liked it a lot, but im on TRT now (Test Cyp) so i dont think thats necessary. My test is 1100 peak and bout 550 trough, 200mg/10days.

Lemme know how you like the PLCAR after a few weeks. Ill tryout some PLCAR myself and see what she does me for.

Thanks
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.18%

I've taken DAA and liked it a lot, but im on TRT now (Test Cyp) so i dont think thats necessary. My test is 1100 peak and bout 550 trough, 200mg/10days.

Lemme know how you like the PLCAR after a few weeks. Ill tryout some PLCAR myself and see what she does me for.

Thanks
    Sure will my friend!
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.86%

I recently ran 1 gram of PLCAR twice per day, with the second dose coming before workouts on workout days and I noticed a big increase in stamina, especially aerobic capacity. I got back into lifting weights about 1 year ago and I was and am overweight. While I've lost a bit, my aerobic capacity is not strong, particularly when running. I can do cycles of HIIT but I can not sustain any effort for even 1 mile. While on PLCAR, even with reduced aerobic frequency I could run about 3/4 of a mile as apposed to maybe 1/4 - 1/2 mile and I could do almost twice as many HIIT cycles. It was good stuff, but pretty pricey.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.18%

Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    I recently ran 1 gram of PLCAR twice per day, with the second dose coming before workouts on workout days and I noticed a big increase in stamina, especially aerobic capacity. I got back into lifting weights about 1 year ago and I was and am overweight. While I've lost a bit, my aerobic capacity is not strong, particularly when running. I can do cycles of HIIT but I can not sustain any effort for even 1 mile. While on PLCAR, even with reduced aerobic frequency I could run about 3/4 of a mile as apposed to maybe 1/4 - 1/2 mile and I could do almost twice as many HIIT cycles. It was good stuff, but pretty pricey.
    Good to know!

Fortunately for me, I've won 4 tubs of PLCAR.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.87%

Quote Originally Posted by cbsharpe View Post
    Good to know!

Fortunately for me, I've won 4 tubs of PLCAR.
    ....How does won win canisters of PLCAR? I'd like to enter the contest lol
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.18%

....How does won win canisters of PLCAR? I'd like to enter the contest lol
    LOL... yeah I entered some slick promos and lucked up.
  19. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.3%

Need to inject L-Carnitine or otherwise load it orally for 100 days for effectiveness.

Also need insulin to shuttle it to muscle cells or else the only benefit you'll see is in the penis for erectile dysfunction issues.

Intramuscular injections w/ insulin can bring about radical shifts to lypolysis.
  20. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    So maybe a gram of ALCAR and of PLCAR?
    No, the combination has been shown to be inferior to either alone
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Need to inject L-Carnitine or otherwise load it orally for 100 days for effectiveness.

Also need insulin to shuttle it to muscle cells or else the only benefit you'll see is in the penis for erectile dysfunction issues.

Intramuscular injections w/ insulin can bring about radical shifts to lypolysis.
    No one here is asking about how it can be used for fat loss. But PLCAR doesn't require insulin, and LCLT has been shown to go to muscle tissue from the insulin of carbs (no need for injections)
  22. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Wait wait...so you're saying just use one or the other? ****!!! I've been doing it wrong!
  23. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Wait wait...so you're saying just use one or the other? ****!!! I've been doing it wrong!
    On any given day, yes. Just as crossover can occur with positive effects, they can occur in a fashion that negates benefits as well. We are talking specifically for combating mental/general fatigue, as the study assessed.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.56%

I was unaware of this.

25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.87%

On any given day, yes. Just as crossover can occur with positive effects, they can occur in a fashion that negates benefits as well. We are talking specifically for combating mental/general fatigue, as the study assessed.
    So your saying that it should be one or the other? depending on what your trying to "combat"? Mental fatigue (use ALCAR) or physical fatigue (use PLCAR)
  26. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.3%

No one here is asking about how it can be used for fat loss. But PLCAR doesn't require insulin, and LCLT has been shown to go to muscle tissue from the insulin of carbs (no need for injections)
    Thats right. I wasnt implying that insulin injection alone was needed. I meant that insulin is needed period, but not necessarily humalog or slin.

IM injection of carnitine is more cost effective than oral though. But a large carb meal would in fact be needed.

But it isnt just fat loss but in general performance enhancement. Some people might desire the enhanced stamina alone from carnitine.
  27. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.01%
    Achievements Activity Pro

So your saying that it should be one or the other? depending on what your trying to "combat"? Mental fatigue (use ALCAR) or physical fatigue (use PLCAR)
    Yes that's what he's saying.
    PES
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://facebook.com/pescience

Similar Forum Threads

1. ALCAR Vs. PLCAR....Whats better? Benefits?
    By mpkonig in forum Supplements
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-17-2014, 06:00 PM
  2. ALCAR vs PLCAR?
    By jshin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
  3. Fat loss - ALCAR vs PLCAR
    By justreading in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 02:57 AM
  4. ALCAR Vs. PLCAR (for fatLoss with ALA)?
    By Goffio69 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 09:57 AM