Cycling Pre-workout drinks on and off?

absurd

absurd

Banned
Awards
My Hemo Rage said don't use longer then 8 weeks my C4 Extreme also says the same thing. It's so hard for me to workout without anything aiding me. Is it bad to stay on pre-workouts year round? I know tolerance builds fast so I continually have to keep taking more. If you cycle how long of a break do you take? Is a week fine or should I take longer break?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually do 3-4 weeks off, or until i can feel stimulant effects again. You should try to re-wire your brain and not feel like you're dependent on a pre workout to get you through your sessions. There are stim-free options that can help while you cycle off stimulants. Something like caffeine free Focus XT is a good option. Plus you have your basic ergogens that will improve workout performance in the absence of caffeine, like: beta alanine, creatine, betaine, agmatine, nitrates.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Though it's hardly science of any kind, I'm a fan of cycling off non-caffeine stimulants every 30 days for as long as it takes for me to feel well-rested again. This is at least a week, though it tends to be more like two or three, since usually sleep only a few hours a day.

As far as your sad unstimulated workouts, have you tried simply dropping 200-600mg caffeine as a preworkout?

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My Hemo Rage said don't use longer then 8 weeks my C4 Extreme also says the same thing. It's so hard for me to workout without anything aiding me. Is it bad to stay on pre-workouts year round? I know tolerance builds fast so I continually have to keep taking more. If you cycle how long of a break do you take? Is a week fine or should I take longer break?
You don't 'need' a stim break. If you want one, then by all means take one. You can save some dough by breaking and bring your tolerance back down.
I can take my Gameday every workout day, and I don't take Caffeinated supps on my off days at all.
Personal preference.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you need stimulants to workout you should really consider if its for you.

Yes you should take a break. Adrenal fatigue or..impaired adrenal function is a real problem. You can get to the point where you can't produce adrenaline naturally. Your body will need more and more and more stims!

Buttttt........this doesn't happen fast generally with preworkouts unless you workout 7 days a week or abuse stims *take energy drinks on off days ect*
I would say be on stims for 6 months and take a week off. Its just that simple.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Stim break is a term thst diesn't quite compute for me. Really is unnecessary.

Just in case, I do take 2 weeks off maybe twice a year.

Otherwise to avoid tolerance build up to pre's I just cycle between a couple with different profiles.
Or during a cutting phase stick to strictly a burner product like Alphamine for your energy

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If you need stimulants to workout you should really consider if its for you.

Yes you should take a break. Adrenal fatigue or..impaired adrenal function is a real problem. You can get to the point where you can't produce adrenaline naturally. Your body will need more and more and more stims!

Buttttt........this doesn't happen fast generally with preworkouts unless you workout 7 days a week or abuse stims *take energy drinks on off days ect*
I would say be on stims for 6 months and take a week off. Its just that simple.
No such thing as stim induced adrenal fatigue

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
If you workout 4 times a week and the rest is no caffeine you are kind of having 3 days break a week

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Tell that to a cocaine addict.
Tell me again how cocaine and caffeine are the same thing

Read coops, synpsins, ironfist (aka neuron) and others responses in that thread.

Adrenal fatigue is not real

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tell me again how cocaine and caffeine are the same thing

Read coops, synpsins, ironfist (aka neuron) and others responses in that thread.

Adrenal fatigue is not real
Ill still do it to save money. Interesting stuff though. There are other downsides to stimming up everyday.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ill still do it to save money. Interesting stuff though. There are other downsides to stimming up everyday.
Tolerance is huge. Costs money to up the dose everytime tolerance develops.

I agree with that. Always suggest cycling, but just for that reason

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I cycle only when I start to not feel the effects anymore other than needing to increase dosage purely for cost savings.