Where are supplements absorbed?

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Where are the following absorbed?
Reason I ask is that im taking active carbon to combat a gut 'issue' and i could be pouring money down the drain if there being neautralised by the charcoal.

Creatine
L-dopa usp powerful
Greens/berries supplement
5htp

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
All over the place depending on the supplement.

Why are you using activated charcoal? It's typically used in the ER tox unit to save lives...

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Lets say I've had a gastric windy problem that's gone really bad if late, its a cleanse cycle

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Help me out if I'm wrong but the activated charcoal will attach to everything and take it out, good for an upset stomach, but isn't excessive gas due to poor digestion and wouldn't you want to approach a solution using a digestive aide, perhaps acidophilus, and get the "good" bacteria working ?

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Yeah tried a month if 2 billion good bacteria, didn't do much, next was a clear out approach using oxygenated carbon to drag out all toxic substances, yeasts, crap. They recommend if no improvement move to colon cleanse, I've picked up an aloe product. Diet wise its made no difference what i ate, bloat gas and more bloat.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hear ya, I'm continuously fighting a battle of the bloat and windy situations. Sadly, I can no longer use "cheap" protein powder, these are my worst offenders.

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
A good probiotic has helped me tremendously. I use Gnc 75 billion pro biotic caps, with a ginger root cap every morning. I know what your going through. I have a sensitive stomach as well.

Touey

Touey

Awards
Why are you using activated charcoal? It's typically used in the ER tox unit to save lives...
also thieved by clever colobus monkeys to health benefits [video=youtube;qFzVdfozISo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qFzVdfozISo[/video]

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I' m not convinced you are going about this in the right way. Have you tried eliminating some foods to isolate the issue?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I' m not convinced you are going about this in the right way. Have you tried eliminating some foods to isolate the issue?
Totally agree with this! Activated charcoal is used in pretty extreme circumstances and I'll admit that I am against cleanses about 100% of the time. I would look first at what is going in and feel free to list here for help as to find possible culprits. If your only symptom is gas and not diarrhea, then it is most likely a quick fix. I would even give immodium or something like Beano a try before jumping to that.

But to address your original concerns, I would expect any oral supplement to be affected. Not completely, but there isn't really a way for anybody to give an exact percentage either.