Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
-CL Orange Triad + Greens
-Gaspari Anavite Powder
-MTS Machine Greens + Multi

Just to name a few that come to mind.

Is there some force at play causing these to become more common from supp companies?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Better absorption. Pill form doesn't absorb as readily or effectively as poweder form.

RickyBDragon

RickyBDragon

Banned
Awards
Better absorption. Pill form doesn't absorb as readily or effectively as poweder form.
This is what some of the reps have been saying as to why the powder form. In my opinion the onslaught of powdered versions is because of the copy cat nature of the supplement industry and powdered multi's seem to be the latest and greatest so I assume we will see plenty of more copy cats popping up soon too.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I doubt that.
There's some pretty awfully absorbed multivitamin tablets out there.

As in, in tact tablets being excreted.

But that's the extreme not the norm.

--

Advertising powdered multivitamins on the absorption front is no different in my eyes than people who extol the fact that their protein powder is high quality WPC 80 instead of that awful WPC 34 that 'so many other companies' are using.

Really? Who the hell uses WPC 34 in their protein powder? I can't think of any brand sold on nutraplanet off the top of my head whose protein products macros match that of WPC 34...

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
A penny for your thoughts/reasoning?
I expect the $00.01.

I honestly meant that purely out of connivence sake. Capsules should have better absorption than a tablet as well I would think as well.

Jakey

Awards
On the absorption front, you'd think: increased surface area (e.g. powder in comparison to tablet) = increased dissolution rate. However whether that results in increased bioavailability....... :s

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought I saw something like this in one of my nutrition classes in college. Take it for what you will, grain of salt:

"Secondly, powdered vitamins both boast better absorption rates than pill-form supplements. According to the widely used medical reference book, Physician's Desk Reference (page 1542), liquid (drinkable) supplements can be absorbed up to 98%. Where as it states the absorption rates of pills is 5%-18%. This means that 80-95% of the ingredients contained in pills are excreted or eliminated from the body. Pills also contain binders and fillers such as starch, sugar and talc which make digestion not only slower, but actually harder on the body to absorb."

Not saying it's gospel. Just that I know tablets are poorly absorbed. I know caplets are a different story.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I expect the $00.01.

I honestly meant that purely out of connivence sake. Capsules should have better absorption than a tablet as well I would think as well.
I would have never had you down as the conniving type. ;)

Rhfarris

Rhfarris

Awards
I bought 2 bottles of orange triad pills right before the powder came out :( now I want to try the powder!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're seeing many products switch to powders or also be available in powders due to the Australian market (which is a very large market for bodybuilding supplements). Many major AUS accounts are requesting all products be available in powders to import them into the country easier (has to do with their ever changing odd regulations).

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're seeing many products switch to powders or also be available in powders due to the Australian market (which is a very large market for bodybuilding supplements). Many major AUS accounts are requesting all products be available in powders to import them into the country easier (has to do with their ever changing odd regulations).
That's what I was looking for, thanks!

Rhfarris

Rhfarris

Awards
Well, now the pills suck and the powder is better!. I'd just wait a few months until something else is considered better.
Lol I know what you mean. I was just excited that they added a greens drink to it.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just a little bit to add on why I like the OT powder is it is already six pills...many greens supplements are at least 6 pills themselves. That would be breaking the point of convenience IMO.

I see SWollenOne had the real answer.

smoker145

Just a little bit to add on why I like the OT powder is it is already six pills...many greens supplements are at least 6 pills themselves. That would be breaking the point of convenience IMO. I see SWollenOne had the real answer.
Cause chugging down nasty tasting ot powder ( mo) is more convenient than taking 6 pills? Not for me. I don't take ot, but I have tried ot greens and do not like.

To each their own

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cause chugging down nasty tasting ot powder ( mo) is more convenient than taking 6 pills? Not for me. I don't take ot, but I have tried ot greens and do not like.

To each their own
Agreed ~ Luckily they will still continue to make the OT in tabs

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Bingo

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I suspect powdered MVs do have superior bioavailability to their highly compacted, tableted counterparts, buuuuuuuuut I hate the inclusion of greens. Greens supplements are right there with digestive enzymes as the most worthless supplements your money can buy

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I suspect powdered MVs do have superior bioavailability to their highly compacted, tableted counterparts, buuuuuuuuut I hate the inclusion of greens. Greens supplements are right there with digestive enzymes as the most worthless supplements your money can buy
Why don't you like digestive enzymes?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Am I the only person that ****ing loves green vegetables and would never in a million years try to take a supplement to replace them?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Why don't you like digestive enzymes?
Because I, like 99% of other posters here, don't have pancreatic insufficiency

Am I the only person that ****ing loves green vegetables and would never in a million years try to take a supplement to replace them?
I completely agree, I have greens voluntarily out of sheer taste. But that may just be because of how my parents raised me and the palette I developed.

I actually love the taste of greens powders, reminds me of smoothies I used to make. But people need to realize that a powdered fruit or vegetable at a few hundred mg isn't doing anything

Younglifter16

Awards
powdered products have been trendy ever since PES put out alphamine

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I completely agree, I have greens voluntarily out of sheer taste. But that may just be because of how my parents raised me and the palette I developed.

I actually love the taste of greens powders, reminds me of smoothies I used to make. But people need to realize that a powdered fruit or vegetable at a few hundred mg isn't doing anything
I've never used them, but a few guys had recommended them to me so I wondered why you didn't like them.

Thanks.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I often feel like I'm reading a pre-designed script.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

To each their own
The simple math went over your head. OT is 6 pills, and greens are usually 6+. That = 12+. Tato.

smoker145

The simple math went over your head. OT is 6 pills, and greens are usually 6+. That = 12+. Tato.
1st we must ask ourselves why the hell youu need a greens products.

2nd, does said green product improve your big 3? Show me where it does? I'd rather just obtain my nutrients through whole food but you keep chugging that green sht bro

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
1st we must ask ourselves why the hell youu need a greens products.

2nd, does said green product improve your big 3? Show me where it does? I'd rather just obtain my nutrients through whole food but you keep chugging that green sht bro
That has nothing to do with what I said. You're reaching. Bbing.com--->that way

smoker145

That has nothing to do with what I said. You're reaching. Bbing.com--->that way
Lol that's funny. I'll give ya that.

But since when is taking pills the great inconvenience? This is supplements were talking about right?

To each their own again, but I'd rather have the great " inconvenience" of taking pills than the apparent convenience of drinking poor tasting supplements.

Don't you take fish oil soft gels? Why you no drink it ?

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1st we must ask ourselves why the hell youu need a greens products. 2nd, does said green product improve your big 3? Show me where it does? I'd rather just obtain my nutrients through whole food but you keep chugging that green sht bro
I guess that's why it's a "supplement" to your diet.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hope everyone knows if coop didn't say that he would be silent. All of his supplement opinions are from No Hype or Coop. He never researched himself and is starting for the sake of arguing like a woman. Check his posts history on each forum. I'm done with this thread.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hope everyone knows if coop didn't say that he would be silent. All of his supplement opinions are from No Hype or Coop. He never researched himself and is starting for the sake of arguing like a woman. Check his posts history on each forum. I'm done with this thread.
He who?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
you can Google it
you certainly like that line don't you? in your very brief time (and 22 posts) on this forum, I've seen you say that more than once

at 6'0 and 95lbs, perhaps you should google "food"

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you certainly like that line don't you? in your very brief time (and 22 posts) on this forum, I've seen you say that more than once at 6'0 and 95lbs, perhaps you should google "food"
Lol

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For once we agree ;) I'm just teasing, I appreciate your extensive knowledge and contributions to these forums! Happy holidays Coop :)

touchless21

Awards
  • Established
Just to put my couple cents in the conversation, I take orange triad pills and I have a tub of the powdered version. I wasn't going to use the powder till later but this thread made me crack it open to try. It's actually not bad at all. It's not too sweet and taste like it should, orange. Pills are more convenient most of the time but I actually think I'll still order the powder on and off because I like it.

amarula

Awards
I was interested in moving to a powdered multi but I have to consider that I already use many powders (pwo, sometimes a intra and 2 or 3 shakes a day) so maybe pill (not tabs) are the best option for me altough powder should have a very strong motif: price

Iain1668

Iain1668

Awards
The presumption that powder multi's are being made because of the Australian market may not be the exact reason. True that powders are classified as 'food supplements' so go through the australian food agency for compliance as opposed to the government puppets the TGA that require a full analysis of pill/tablet supplement ingredients + labels before providing a listed number. Then a tab/pill product would require very large sales as a minimum run could be 5000/10000 of 1 pill product.

So, the only products certified in pills are normally weight loss. As sales in that area are normally very large.

From the 3 companies listed from the OP only 1 brand is imported to Australia and that's Gaspari Anavite which has been a flop in sales since it's change over from tablets.

No other multi vitamin in powder is imported to Australia (that i'm aware of) from a wholesaler.

Is it possible it's much cheaper for brands to run powder supplements and not pay for the extra costs of making pills or tablets?

What about sales in America? are powders leading the way over pills?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All of the products are literally brand new in the past couple of months, so I couldn't tell you how sales have been.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Not me. I grew up on hot pockets, pizza bites, chef boyardee, etc. My parents house never had veggies in it besides corn and lettuce. Never was forced to eat veggies or even exposed to them. As an adult now trying to increase my intake of greens I find it difficult. I guess it is an aquired taste that I havent really aquired yet. Any veggies I eat I have to consciously force myself to eat