when bulking

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Originally posted by John Benz

BTW, for some of those new to the board, Bobo is a nutritional genius. Except when it comes to glutamine.
    My ego just exploded....

Where is YJ to kncok me back to down.....
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

2. Ok, interesting debate....may have converted me over as well....only problem, I have 10 pounds of malto and dex laying around. I imagine using this in a shake as an MRP, with fat included, shouldn't be a concern when looking to add cals to a whey shake, correct? The fat would slow digestion enough as not to create a HUGE insulin spike as it does without the fats.
    •   

3. Originally posted by John Benz
    BTW, for some of those new to the board, Bobo is a nutritional genius. Except when it comes to glutamine.
    Lol ye I've noticed, good stuff all around.

4. Originally posted by Draven
    Ok, interesting debate....may have converted me over as well....only problem, I have 10 pounds of malto and dex laying around. I imagine using this in a shake as an MRP, with fat included, shouldn't be a concern when looking to add cals to a whey shake, correct? The fat would slow digestion enough as not to create a HUGE insulin spike as it does without the fats.
    Well if you have to use it, use it post workout at no more than 30g. I would scrap the fat idea because you will still get a high spike, and also you will get a large insulin load (total amount). Your doing a keto diet so keep combos protein/fat, carb/protein (refeeds) and stay away from carb/fat. Just save the high GI stuff to kickstart your refeed and you should be ok.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

5. Originally posted by Bobo

Well if you have to use it, use it post workout at no more than 30g. I would scrap the fat idea because you will still get a high spike, and also you will get a large insulin load (total amount). Your doing a keto diet so keep combos protein/fat, carb/protein (refeeds) and stay away from carb/fat. Just save the high GI stuff to kickstart your refeed and you should be ok.
    Sorry, I should have explained better. I meant to use as an MRP for just a normal meal while bulking, not post workout, that's why I mentioned the fat to avoid getting a huge spike during a regular meal.

Yes, right now I'm on keto but just got my Sone+ last night and will be switching to bulking soon, that's when I planned to use it. I'll have to eat somewhere around 4500 (was eating 4000 while not on, so need more) and being able to add malto/dex to my shakes helps makeup the cals.

Sorry for the confusion.
    •   

6. It will definetly add weight.

7. Hey Bobo, I have a feeling you may have posted this before, but can you post an example of your postworkout meal?

8. I have a shake. Its real simple. Protein mix and some rolled oats. The meal I have after that varies.

9. Thanks Bobo.

10. Bobo
    What about nuking a half of yam and washing it down with a protein shake?

11. I try to stay away from starchy carbs in general but if thats what you want to do, post workout would be the time to do it. Yam's GI is lower but its GL is still a little high for me.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 05:47 PM
  2. Gain endurance when bulking........
    By bigblue01 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-20-2006, 01:03 PM
  3. What is your LBM to FAT gain ratio when bulking?
    By Romac in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 11:09 AM
  4. Best Macronutrient Ratio When Bulking?
    By Moyer in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 10:48 PM
  5. Are veggies important when Bulking?
    By Brian132 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 12:11 AM