High vs Low t3 for muscle building.

bechsgaard

bechsgaard

Banned
Awards
Hey guys, assuming that you are getting the right nutrients into your system, does a lower metabolism or a higher metabolism work better, I know that with higher metabolism, you have a higher protein turnover, but protein breakdown is higher too.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Having a lower metabolism than one should for someone their size is not a good thing and often is the result of some form of metabolic damage. I typically find the "high metabolism" vs "slow metabolism" meaningless. I know what I need and I either add or subtract an adequate amount to meet my needs. I guess if I had to label myself I'd put myself in a category higher than most others at my height and weight, but that's due to increased muscle mass and my relatively low age.

bechsgaard

bechsgaard

Banned
Awards
Having a lower metabolism than one should for someone their size is not a good thing and often is the result of some form of metabolic damage. I typically find the "high metabolism" vs "slow metabolism" meaningless. I know what I need and I either add or subtract an adequate amount to meet my needs. I guess if I had to label myself I'd put myself in a category higher than most others at my height and weight, but that's due to increased muscle mass and my relatively low age.
Nevertheless, it could potentially be advantageous based on the rate of protein turnover vs the rate of protein breakdown

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Regardless the body takes what it needs, stores what it wants and passes the rest. In my mind it has no relevance.

bechsgaard

bechsgaard

Banned
Awards
Regardless the body takes what it needs, stores what it wants and passes the rest. In my mind it has no relevance.
But it does, if you have a higher metabolism, it's taking more to complete the same functions BUT is breaking down more as well, the question is whether those rates equate to equilibrium, or if one increases/decreases more than the other as metabolism increases. It is relevant because those with slower metabolisms for one reason or another, would use t3 on a cut for the usual purposes, and if the rate of protein breakdown is higher than the increase of synthesis their lower metabolism is better than t3, vs the other situation, where t3 would improve muscle building capabilities at the exact same surplus of calories.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I see what you're trying to get at, but I feel as if you're over-complicating it.

bechsgaard

bechsgaard

Banned
Awards
Not really, on another forum I'm on, I keep hearing people saying it's very catabolic and increases protein turnover, I have failed to discover which is the largest factor, so I came here seeking information....

bechsgaard

bechsgaard

Banned
Awards
High T3 is associated with muscle wasting
Hey coop, is there any forum you are not on, lol.

So technically someone with a lower metabolism will put on muscle better than someone with higher? Or is that just the properties of synthetic t3?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hey coop, is there any forum you are not on, lol.

So technically someone with a lower metabolism will put on muscle better than someone with higher? Or is that just the properties of synthetic t3?
The body isn't so simple. Considering that your diet is tailored around your RMR and TDEE, it's a wash either way. If you are out of physiological range (hyper/hypo thyroid) it's a different story

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T3 is very common when bulking; when you are running GH and Slin. If I were you, I wouldn't bother.

Mike

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Don't most people use T3 with clenbuterol to offset the effects of glycogen depletion in the muscles. I was reading that T3 gives the muscles a very flat look. Aren't there much better options than this drug?