Homemade Preworkout

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
I'm in the process of creating my own and would like some feedback. Here is what I want to add:

* Beta Alanine
* Cit Mal
* Betaine
* Taurine
* Caffeine
* L Theanine
* L Tyrosine
* ALCAR
* Agmatine

Other:
Phenylpiracetam
Forskolin

My question is, is the caffeine/theanine combo a good add and has anyone tried phenylpiracetam before workout. Also how does it look so far and do I need to leave something out. This is my first post and I'm glad to be here at AM!

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Looks very similar up what I use myself,SNS has most of what you listed in bulk form at great prices, also maybe look into Leucine and ALCAR500

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Most of my powders are coming from SNS! it's one of my favorite companies.
Awesome, do you have a dosing of each ingredient decided yet?

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
Awesome, do you have a dosing of each ingredient decided yet?
I was thinking something like this

BA - 2g pre and post
Cit Mal - 6g
Agmatine - 1g
ALCAR - 1g
Taurine - 2g
Betaine - 2g
Caffeine - 200mg
Theanine - 200/400mg
Tyrosine - 500/1000mg

Phenylpiracetam - 100mg
Forskolin 95 - 50mg

I got these from research and personal experience but am interested in other dosing protocols too

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in the process of creating my own and would like some feedback. Here is what I want to add:

* Beta Alanine
* Cit Mal
* Betaine
* Taurine
* Caffeine
* L Theanine
* L Tyrosine
* ALCAR
* Agmatine

Other:
Phenylpiracetam
Forskolin

My question is, is the caffeine/theanine combo a good add and has anyone tried phenylpiracetam before workout. Also how does it look so far and do I need to leave something out. This is my first post and I'm glad to be here at AM!
that actually looks really quite nice. Add a little C-O-P and leucine as well and it's a real winner as long as you have it dosed in proper proportion.

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
that actually looks really quite nice. Add a little C-O-P and leucine as well and it's a real winner as long as you have it dosed in proper proportion.
Thanks man. I was on the ropes about cop but I think I'll add it in. And I take BCAA's already.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man. I was on the ropes about cop but I think I'll add it in. And I take BCAA's already.
well, sounds like you got it all covered then! Send me a sample when it's all mixed up!! lol

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh and if your avi is really you, AWESOME work brother

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Needs Nitrates :) I'm actually unaware if they have a nitrate powder, but I use KNO3 Potassium Nitrate myself in a capsule. I would guess you could locate it in powder form somewhere.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Caffeine and theanine is a good combo, and I wouldn't use phenylpiracetam preworkout. You also don't need to use your beta alanine preworkout unless you're just adding it there for convenience.

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
Needs Nitrates :) I'm actually unaware if they have a nitrate powder, but I use KNO3 Potassium Nitrate myself in a capsule. I would guess you could locate it in powder form somewhere.
The pump would be unreal stacked nitrates with citrulline and agmatine lol

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
well, sounds like you got it all covered then! Send me a sample when it's all mixed up!! lol
Lol sure thing man. And yes sir, the avi is yours truly. I actually just started a training log in the training section so that I can update my status and stuff!

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
The pump would be unreal stacked nitrates with citrulline and agmatine lol

Definitely brother. I regularly use Hemavol and KNO3. It includes GMS which is a different type of pump powder, but suffice it to say the combination of GMS + Nitrates + Citrulline + Agmatine makes for an absurd level of pump. I used X-gels with it a few times and I had to drop the nitrates because that was actually too much pump.

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
Caffeine and theanine is a good combo, and I wouldn't use phenylpiracetam preworkout. You also don't need to use your beta alanine preworkout unless you're just adding it there for convenience.
Thanks a lot! I'll out the phenylpiracetam and save it for studying sessions. And yeah I take beta alanine around workout just so I can mix it on the spot.

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
Definitely brother. I regularly use Hemavol and KNO3. It includes GMS which is a different type of pump powder, but suffice it to say the combination of GMS + Nitrates + Citrulline + Agmatine makes for an absurd level of pump. I used X-gels with it a few times and I had to drop the nitrates because that was actually too much pump.
I've been wanting to take x-gels. Its definitely in my future!

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
If anyone is interested I started a workout log that I'll update until I get to my goal. It's called from Fitness Journey:300lbs to 220lbs

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

* Beta Alanine
* Cit Mal
* Betaine
* Taurine
* Caffeine
* L Theanine
* L Tyrosine
* ALCAR
* Agmatine

Other:
Phenylpiracetam
Forskolin

Looks like an awesome stack man. If you need any input on anything else; training, supplementation or diet-wise feel free to PM me :D

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I was thinking something like this

BA - 2g pre and post
Cit Mal - 6g
Agmatine - 1g
ALCAR - 1g
Taurine - 2g
Betaine - 2g
Caffeine - 200mg
Theanine - 200/400mg
Tyrosine - 500/1000mg

Phenylpiracetam - 100mg
Forskolin 95 - 50mg

I got these from research and personal experience but am interested in other dosing protocols too
Here's what you should do:

-Remove BA from preworkout
-Double ALCAR
-Double taurine
-Try 2.5g betaine
-Up Tyrosine to 1.5g
-Lower theanine to 100mg

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

-Double ALCAR
-Double taurine
-Try 2.5g betaine
-Up Tyrosine to 1.5g
-Lower theanine to 100mg
Why no BA?

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like a good pre-workout stack. I bought a bunch of bulk powders about a year ago to make my own PWO's, but it just didn't turn out like I had hoped.

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
Looks like an awesome stack man. If you need any input on anything else; training, supplementation or diet-wise feel free to PM me :D
Thanks a bunch man!! I've done it on my own pretty much and just improvised. It would be great to get some tips!

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards

-Double ALCAR
-Double taurine
-Try 2.5g betaine
-Up Tyrosine to 1.5g
-Lower theanine to 100mg
Ok so it is best to slit up BA? Got it. I'll make sure to write everything down. With theanine, how will the lower dosage effect the higher dosage of caffeine? I tried a 1:1 ratio yesterday preworkout and it was pretty good but I have yet to try a 2:1 or anything else. Thanks for the info bro!

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
Looks like a good pre-workout stack. I bought a bunch of bulk powders about a year ago to make my own PWO's, but it just didn't turn out like I had hoped.
Hopefully this is pretty decent. I have lots of preworkouts that I like but I started capping my own stuff and decided to start buying bulk and maybe try my hand at a preworkout.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
veaderko

veaderko

Awards
As its been mentioned, only thing I would want to add is KNO3.

Always cool to see what people come up with for PreWO. Good luck with it.

powerfuljac

powerfuljac

Awards
Sounds like you've got a good blend there, especially on the pump side. You could consider adding phenylethylamine (PEA) and dendrobium extract at 1g and 300mg per dose respectively if you want to get the tunnel vision/focus effect since I believe these are what did it for Craze.

beLou

beLou

Awards
I also make my own pre-workout (12.5g), which consists of the following:

Citrulline Malate (2:1) - 6g
Trimethylglycine - 2.5g
Creatine Monohydrate - 2.5g
Agmatine Sulfate - 1g
Caffeine Anhydrous - 120mg
1,3 Dimethylamylamine - 25mg

This combination works very well for me. The pumps are fantastic, I feel a very sharp focus and strong desire to bust every set's ass and squeeze out those extra reps, all without feeling jittery or anxious. For my post, I take: 2.5g L-Leucine, 2.5g Creatine Monohydrate, and 250mg Agmatine Sulfate, in addition to a protein shake (whey/casein blend).

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
That's part of my post workout stack:)

I do creatine post too. I also get some pre with Volatile, but majority comes post workout with good ol' Monohydrate.

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
I also make my own pre-workout (12.5g), which consists of the following:

Citrulline Malate (2:1) - 6g
Trimethylglycine - 2.5g
Creatine Monohydrate - 2.5g
Agmatine Sulfate - 1g
Caffeine Anhydrous - 120mg
1,3 Dimethylamylamine - 25mg

This combination works very well for me. The pumps are fantastic, I feel a very sharp focus and strong desire to bust every set's ass and squeeze out those extra reps, all without feeling jittery or anxious. For my post, I take: 2.5g L-Leucine, 2.5g Creatine Monohydrate, and 250mg Agmatine Sulfate, in addition to a protein shake (whey/casein blend).
That's good stack also. Me personally Im not a fan of 1,3 even though it gives me insane focus. Afterwords I feel like crap though.

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
Sounds like you've got a good blend there, especially on the pump side. You could consider adding phenylethylamine (PEA) and dendrobium extract at 1g and 300mg per dose respectively if you want to get the tunnel vision/focus effect since I believe these are what did it for Craze.
How safe would it be to take pea long term? I'm looking to cycle this preworkout every two months or so, maybe 3. I'm actually looking for something to add to help with focus. I was thinking Glucuronolactone or phenylalanine.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Don't follow this advice OP

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
As its been mentioned, only thing I would want to add is KNO3.

Always cool to see what people come up with for PreWO. Good luck with it.
Thanks man, yeah I wanted to be able to control dosages and just be creative with basics. I want to add nitrates but would it be worth it with my training scheme? I train 5x5 modified, rarely going over 8 reps.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What would you suggest to add to help with focus along with alcar and theanine/caffeine?
TBH keeping it simple will save you in the long run imo. Choline would be the only other thing worth considering but I truly think you have enough. Too much more and your cost per workout will sky rocket.

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
Alright thanks guys. I think im overthnking a little bit. I believe from all the advice I can move ahead and get it started. Here is my layout

Preworkout
- ALCAR 2g
- Tyrosine 1.5g
- Agmatine 1g
- Cit Mal 6g
- Taurine 4g
- Betaine 2.5g
- Theanine 100/200mg??
- Caffeine 200mg

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Alright thanks guys. I think im overthnking a little bit. I believe from all the advice I can move ahead and get it started. Here is my layout

Preworkout
- ALCAR 2g
- Tyrosine 1.5g
- Agmatine 1g
- Cit Mal 6g
- Taurine 4g
- Betaine 2.5g
- Theanine 100/200mg??
- Caffeine 200mg
I would go with coops recommendations on Theanine; but aside from that, the rest looks good and I have no doubt you will enjoy :D

powerfuljac

powerfuljac

Awards
I agree that keeping it simple is the way to go, a simple blend of caffeine 200mg, creatine and citrulline should do the trick if we're talking effectiveness. I don't appreciate you saying don't follow this advice without right then providing some reason why, bit rude mate.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I agree that keeping it simple is the way to go, a simple blend of caffeine 200mg, creatine and citrulline should do the trick if we're talking effectiveness. I don't appreciate you saying don't follow this advice without right then providing some reason why, bit rude mate.
Both PEA and dendrobium are bunk

powerfuljac

powerfuljac

Awards
Aha erm no, maybe dendrobium but PEA is definitely not bunk just look at what people (not you) say about it. lol

powerfuljac

powerfuljac

Awards
Legit, it doesn't last long but does provide a good mood spike to help get workouts initiated.

jcc80

jcc80

Awards
Do NOT go down the PEA road if you have an addictive personality at all. It's a 15 minute rush, then maybe an hour of energy, then a crash along with a craving for more.

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
Do NOT go down the PEA road if you have an addictive personality at all. It's a 15 minute rush, then maybe an hour of energy, then a crash along with a craving for more.
I'm not really prone to addiction but I've been staying away from things like phenibut and stuff. Just for safe measure. I think I'll go ahead and stay away from pea.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Lol was it the ingredients or the flavor that didn't workout?? I learned cranberry juice works well with a pwo mix to mask some of the nasty flavors.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 35
Supplements 28
Supplements 20
Supplements 65
Buffspartan Supplements 12