Pre-Contest Cutting Stack

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Hey guys,

This is my first post here on AM. Been looking around a lot and there seems to be a number of knowledgeable members around.

Anyways...I'm soon starting my pre-contest cut stack and currently have the following:

EC week 1-12
Forskolin95 week 1-12
erase pro week 4-12
dopadex week 4-12

staples:
fish oil
orange triad or AOR orthocore
vitamin D3
BCAAs

deciding between the following for non-stim pre-workout during the cut:
Agmatine Sulfate
hemavol
high volume

Does anyone have any suggestions to remove or add to this list?

ive been looking at MN X-Factor Advanced (I've heard GMS and LCLT are recommended to stack with XF), Evomuse Ammo, and Evomuse CardioTryx.

(Diet and nutrition are in check. This will be my second contest prep)

thanks!

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd also consider a GDA. I'm currently using Glycophase and that's all I've used outside of a couple bottles of N-Force. You're stack looks pretty good though. Maybe towards the end instead of EC try out some Yohimbine HCL + caffeine when fasted instead.

Oh, and another thing you may consider checking out is Nimbus Abyss Unparalleled. I'm about to start some of this too.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
I'd also consider a GDA. I'm currently using Glycophase and that's all I've used outside of a couple bottles of N-Force. You're stack looks pretty good though. Maybe towards the end instead of EC try out some Yohimbine HCL + caffeine when fasted instead.

Oh, and another thing you may consider checking out is Nimbus Abyss Unparalleled. I'm about to start some of this too.

I have been looking into GDAs, mainly Burn24 as well as SlinSane. Do you find they make a big difference?

I would like to run an ECY stack, but here in Canada, Yohimbine is illegal up here. A few retailers bring products with yohimbine in them in but no where's to get straight up Yohimbine.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ah, well then... that's a bummer. What about alpha-Yohimbine? I'm assuming it's still probably not allowed, but I'm not very privy on Canadian laws.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
if you can find Level II up there I would highly recommended it in your pre contest stack. The energy is amazing, the apatite suppressant is great, and focus is also a huge bonus. I have a few clients running it before fasted cardio and loving it.

I have been using it as a pre workout and ECA in the am and mid day. It goes really well if you are stim tolerant. If not, then Level II needs to be ramped up slowly. The stuff is ridiculously good.

As far as GDA, slin sane treated me really well. I have few girls who use it post workout only in the am with their largest carb meal and like it. I also have a few guys who have been using it along with PH cycles and it has really stepped up their cycle.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
For a pre-contest GDA, you will want burn24. Grab it here on NP with one of the specials for $50

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
if you can find Level II up there I would highly recommended it in your pre contest stack. The energy is amazing, the apatite suppressant is great, and focus is also a huge bonus. I have a few clients running it before fasted cardio and loving it.

I have been using it as a pre workout and ECA in the am and mid day. It goes really well if you are stim tolerant. If not, then Level II needs to be ramped up slowly. The stuff is ridiculously good.

As far as GDA, slin sane treated me really well. I have few girls who use it post workout only in the am with their largest carb meal and like it. I also have a few guys who have been using it along with PH cycles and it has really stepped up their cycle.
I've never seen Level II around here. The shops around here basically carry the "big names" and not much from the smaller companies. There are a couple shops that bring in PES, Analyzed, Purus, etc. but if their stock runs out, it could be forever before they get more in.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
For a pre-contest GDA, you will want burn24. Grab it here on NP with one of the specials for $50
Burn24 was definitely the GDA I was looking into the most. Do you find it is necessary or that it makes a huge difference? I've never used one, nor has anyone I've trained with...that could also be because nobody sells them up around here.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Regarding GDA dosing (either Burn24 or Slin Sane), how would I go about taking my doses? I run a carb cycling diet (day 1 low carb, day 2 mid carb, day 3 high carb, day 4 high carb, then start over).

Directions for slin sane say to take 1 cap, 15 minutes prior to high carb pre-workout meal...easy enough on my mid and high carb days, trickier on my low carb days as I only take carbs with breakfast (which is not consumed prior to my workout) and post workout. I've read multiple reviews on here and other forums saying they take 3-6 of them a day with every meal.

Directions for Burn24 say take 2 caps 20-30 minutes before 3 meals a day. Nothing about carb levels with the meals, nothing regarding a pre-workout dose.

Just asking as I have been looking at running a GDA but wasn't sure exactly how to dose it properly and was wondering whether taking either of these products has less or more of a benefit on a carb cycling diet.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What's Level I I ? Never heard of it. Thanks

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
You would enjoy your time with Hemavol, nice looking stack!

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
As far as the non stim I love using Hemavol.
Also, during contest prep I like to male sure I have getting enough sleep. Lights out helped me a lot here.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
From a BP standpoint, I don't believe Dopadex and EC should be combined.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, though. :)

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Reading GDA threads for 3 years and still have no clue which is the best product on a bulk that transports carbs into the muscles instead of the fat tissue (improved glycogen storage).Dont want any carb blockers as in that case i prefer to eat less carbs

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
intimidate srt for your cut, stack it with lights out....we all know how hard it could be to sleep when deprived of calories...but intimidate should help keep the muscles hard and detailed along with the amazing sleep during your prep

as far as non stim preworkout, hemavol and potassium nitrate would be nasty together

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Regarding GDA dosing (either Burn24 or Slin Sane), how would I go about taking my doses? I run a carb cycling diet (day 1 low carb, day 2 mid carb, day 3 high carb, day 4 high carb, then start over).

Directions for slin sane say to take 1 cap, 15 minutes prior to high carb pre-workout meal...easy enough on my mid and high carb days, trickier on my low carb days as I only take carbs with breakfast (which is not consumed prior to my workout) and post workout. I've read multiple reviews on here and other forums saying they take 3-6 of them a day with every meal.

Directions for Burn24 say take 2 caps 20-30 minutes before 3 meals a day. Nothing about carb levels with the meals, nothing regarding a pre-workout dose.

Just asking as I have been looking at running a GDA but wasn't sure exactly how to dose it properly and was wondering whether taking either of these products has less or more of a benefit on a carb cycling diet.
If carb cycling I'd look into recompadrol with metabolic powder to aid I. Your goals

Extremely cheap right now and great for a carb cycling diet!

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
From a BP standpoint, I don't believe Dopadex and EC should be combined.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, though. :)
I've seen and heard of many people using this stack...but I would definitely be interested in seeing something that would support this!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Alphamax makes a great addition to a cutting cycle as it contains 75mg Arimistane plus 50mg of 95% Forskolin, really helping to harden you up and lean you out. As well it contains ingredients like Divanil, L-Dopa, ZMA, D3 to further booth test and help you hold onto more muscle. Nutraplanet is offering a deal where you buy an Alphamax and get a free Fitmax, a fat burning pre workout, that would be a great addition to your cutting cycle.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/performax-labs/alphamax-free-fitmax-limited-time-bogo.html

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Alphamax makes a great addition to a cutting cycle as it contains 75mg Arimistane plus 50mg of 95% Forskolin, really helping to harden you up and lean you out. As well it contains ingredients like Divanil, L-Dopa, ZMA, D3 to further booth test and help you hold onto more muscle. Nutraplanet is offering a deal where you buy an Alphamax and get a free Fitmax, a fat burning pre workout, that would be a great addition to your cutting cycle.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/performax-labs/alphamax-free-fitmax-limited-time-bogo.html
Considering he already has arimistane, l-dopa, forskolin, and vitamin D, this would honestly be a very poor addition...

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
I have also been researching Haleo's on point...I may substitute that for the Caffeine in my EC stack and get the benefit of the other ingredients in it as well.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Considering he already has arimistane, l-dopa, forskolin, and vitamin D, this would honestly be a very poor addition...
Coop, someone had mentioned earlier in the thread that the EC stack and dopadex shouldn't be used together. Do you have any thoughts on that?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Coop, someone had mentioned earlier in the thread that the EC stack and dopadex shouldn't be used together. Do you have any thoughts on that?
They should not be in theory. I have a post about this on bb.com somewhere.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
They should not be in theory. I have a post about this on bb.com somewhere.
I think I found it...you mentioned to take it a couple hours apart.

My other question was regarding taking my Dopadex and ZMA together before bed. Is it only the P5P form of Vitamin B6 that shouldn't be taken with L-Dopa supps or is it any form of B6? My ZMA uses Pyridoxine HCL and not P5P, so would I be ok with that?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I think I found it...you mentioned to take it a couple hours apart.

My other question was regarding taking my Dopadex and ZMA together before bed. Is it only the P5P form of Vitamin B6 that shouldn't be taken with L-Dopa supps or is it any form of B6? My ZMA uses Pyridoxine HCL and not P5P, so would I be ok with that?
Avoid B6 if you can, but it's really P5P (the bioactive form) that you should be concerned with

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I would add in some Iforce tt33 or some old style alpha-T2 and shift. For all 12 weeks and is it a natty show or NPC? What weight class?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I would add in some Iforce tt33 or some old style alpha-T2 and shift. For all 12 weeks and is it a natty show or NPC? What weight class?
The new alpha t2 is superior to the older versions.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Getting AT2 here in Canada is tough because of the Yohimbine. There is a local guy that was bringing it in but it took forever for his shipments to come in and they sometimes got caught up at the border. He hasn't had it in for quite sometime. I would've run AT2 otherwise.

It's the local provincial show, Nova Scotia Amateur Bodybuilding Association. I'm competing in men's physique. It's not a tested show but I'm competing naturally.

I've made up my mind and my final stack looks like:

12 weeks out to day of the show
EC (twice per day)
PES Alphamine (Canadian/British version w/no yohimbine) (1 time per day, before HIIT)
AS Forskolin95
AOR Mito Charger
LCLT
R-ALA

8 weeks out adding in
PES Erase Pro
AS Dopadex

Staples
Ascenta Omega3
AOR Orthocore
Vitamin D
Creatine Mono (5g/day until 4 weeks out)
Green Tea Extract
iForce Hemavol

I think this stack should treat me pretty well. I really wanted to add yohimbine to my stack but it's tough to get up here. If I'm able to track any AT2 down or bulk Y I'll be adding that in as well.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Dang snowman...you think you use enough supplements? LOL!!!!

Enjoy and report your progress.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Dang snowman...you think you use enough supplements? LOL!!!!

Enjoy and report your progress.

There are a few...my diet is dialed in so I like trying a few things just to get any kind of extra effect I can. My gaining phase is much more simple...the staples I listed, a stim based preworkout, and FOOOOOD lol.

And I forgot to add Cellucor Beta-BCAA to the list of my staples lol

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
There are a few...my diet is dialed in so I like trying a few things just to get any kind of extra effect I can. My gaining phase is much more simple...the staples I listed, a stim based preworkout, and FOOOOOD lol.

And I forgot to add Cellucor Beta-BCAA to the list of my staples lol
LOL! Well, wish you well my friend. Just waiting for my orders to come in....sheesh!!!!

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I've heard that but I can't recommend something I've never researched or used while shift plus old style alpha t2 together worked almost as well as T3 for me...

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

This. I have some alpha t2 in addition to my tt33 on hand.

OP, recompadrol would be a solid addition, its the one gda i've used in all my preps; works very well. I would also opt for hemavol pre-workout because of the muscle fullness it brings on. The fullness will really help as you start to deplete and drop carbs.

Mike

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
This. I have some alpha t2 in addition to my tt33 on hand.

OP, recompadrol would be a solid addition, its the one gda i've used in all my preps; works very well. I would also opt for hemavol pre-workout because of the muscle fullness it brings on. The fullness will really help as you start to deplete and drop carbs.

Mike
I love hemavol stacked with enhanced lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Avoid B6 if you can, but it's really P5P (the bioactive form) that you should be concerned with
@De_eB posted a counter to this in another thread. It may actually be beneficial

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hey there.

Dissociation of growth hormone and prolactin response to levodopa during pyridoxine administration.

AuthorsDelitala G, et al. Show all Journal
Biomedicine. 1977 Jul;27(6):219-22.

Affiliation
Abstract
500 mg of levodopa was administered orally to 8 normal subjects and induced an increase of growth hormone (GH) and a decrease of prolactin (PRL) secretion. The levodopa-induced GH release was inhibited by an intravenous infusion of pyridoxine; on the contrary, the PRL response to levodopa was enhanced by pyridoxine infusion. This dissociation of GH and PRL responses to levodopa during pyridoxine infusion appears to be mediated by peripheral acceleration of the conversion of levodopa to dopamine. Since dopamine does not penetrate the blood-brain barrier, the enhanced PRL decrease observed during pyridoxine infusion might be explained only on the basis of a mechanism of action exerted by dopamine on extra blood-brain barrier sites.
L-Dopa + B6 = Less GH increase
L-Dopa + B6 = Greater Prolactin decrease.

Tell me again why dopadex would be better for Prolactin reduction?

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Hey there.

Dissociation of growth hormone and prolactin response to levodopa during pyridoxine administration.

AuthorsDelitala G, et al. Show all Journal
Biomedicine. 1977 Jul;27(6):219-22.

Affiliation
Abstract
500 mg of levodopa was administered orally to 8 normal subjects and induced an increase of growth hormone (GH) and a decrease of prolactin (PRL) secretion. The levodopa-induced GH release was inhibited by an intravenous infusion of pyridoxine; on the contrary, the PRL response to levodopa was enhanced by pyridoxine infusion. This dissociation of GH and PRL responses to levodopa during pyridoxine infusion appears to be mediated by peripheral acceleration of the conversion of levodopa to dopamine. Since dopamine does not penetrate the blood-brain barrier, the enhanced PRL decrease observed during pyridoxine infusion might be explained only on the basis of a mechanism of action exerted by dopamine on extra blood-brain barrier sites.
L-Dopa + B6 = Less GH increase
L-Dopa + B6 = Greater Prolactin decrease.

Tell me again why dopadex would be better for Prolactin reduction?

So the usual increase in GH would be reduced if B6 was taken with my dopadex, however, prolactin secretion would be decreased more. What is more beneficial during a cut....an increase in GH or a decrease is prolactin?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
So the usual increase in GH would be reduced if B6 was taken with my dopadex, however, prolactin secretion would be decreased more. What is more beneficial during a cut....an increase in GH or a decrease is prolactin?
How much of a rise in GH do you think there would be?

Just remember inhibit p is designed to inhibit p :D

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That's kind of a tough question to answer, as both have there benefits when cutting. In regards to weight loss, as you know it's coming down to a caloric deficit. I'd honestly say try both (separately) at some point and compare.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
That's kind of a tough question to answer, as both have there benefits when cutting. In regards to weight loss, as you know it's coming down to a caloric deficit. I'd honestly say try both (separately) at some point and compare.
This.

If GH release is what you're after, then other products will be what you're after. If prolactin control is what you're after, then inhibit p(rolactin) is a good choice.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Thanks for the info everyone! I think I'm going to stick with my ZMA with the dopadex as I have been sleeping amazing with the product and that in itself is beneficial.