What's the deal with CLA and Omega-6?

JohnGafnea

Awards
I heard they are both good for diabetics, but then later I heard that taking Omega-6 negates any positive effects CLA would give the user. Is this true, and if so is it best to take them at different times or just stop taking one altogether or...?

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
It's true that taking Omega-6s and CLA together counteract the positive changes in physique caused by CLA. I've seen several studies done on it. If you want to choose between them, the Omega-6s are more important (IMHO).

With that said, as long as you eat beef once a week or more, I see no real need to supplement with CLA anyway. If you don't eat any beef, then I'd recommend a gram or two per day to fill your deficiency.

haunted_0

Awards
where do omega-6s come from ...do you have to supplement for these or what foods can one find them in ?

JohnGafnea

Awards
I heard something like 95% of people get enough Omega-6 daily, so you probably don't have to worry. The only food I remember being specifically listed as having it is walnuts, which also happens to have Omega-3s.

shpongled

Awards
where do omega-6s come from ...do you have to supplement for these or what foods can one find them in ?
Anything you take with unsat. fat will probably be high in Omega 6. Just get plenty of healthy fats.

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sheesh::It's true that taking Omega-6s and CLA together counteract the positive changes in physique caused by CLA. I've seen several studies done on it.

raybravo :: please post these studies bro , cos i didnt know of this , and frankly never heard of it , and ive just bought 360 caps of cla :) , so i want to do it right .