Pre-workout for DC & othet low volume/max effort lifters.

  1. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,842
    Rep Power
    2485579
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Pre-workout for DC & othet low volume/max effort lifters.


    Wanted to start a thread for guys who aren't looking for that "pump" bc their routines just don't really call for it.

    Please don't let this turn into a debate thread I'm just looking for feed back from other DC bros and lifters I that kind. I'll begin.

    I've stated I'm not a huge fan of dmaa but 1 on my list is OG Usplabs Jack3d

    I'll be starting the jack3dAF shortly (in prep coach said no no :-( )

    I've got a tub of conquer to burn also.

    What are you other guys using?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  2. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,397
    Rep Power
    3879790
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    77.27%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I hate my heart pounding like crazy when I have a max effort lift, so DMAA is out of the question for me. I get jittery, and jittery leaves me nervous/anxious..and that's no bueno with heavy weight for me.

    I've consistently enjoyed PES Enhanced, CL White Flood v2, and USPlabs Jack3d Micro.

    Whatever prewo I take is stacked with Citmal (dose dependant on prewo) and PeakBeta+ for the COP and LCLT benefits.

    When I have Focus XT, I'll take that as well on occasion, in addition to the above paragraph.

    How is Conquer?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,842
    Rep Power
    2485579
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I hate my heart pounding like crazy when I have a max effort lift, so DMAA is out of the question for me. I get jittery, and jittery leaves me nervous/anxious..and that's no bueno with heavy weight for me.

    I've consistently enjoyed PES Enhanced, CL White Flood v2, and USPlabs Jack3d Micro.

    Whatever prewo I take is stacked with Citmal (dose dependant on prewo) and PeakBeta+ for the COP and LCLT benefits.

    When I have Focus XT, I'll take that as well on occasion, in addition to the above paragraph.

    How is Conquer?
    Focus XT seems like it'd be a great pre for max effort style.

    Conquer tastes ****ty (better than maximize intense) but I like it. Solid energy formula. Good pump (I know we're not talking about it) but I need to dose COP daily to real max Benefits and I wasn't. Still have like 3/4 a tub.

    I love Usplabs jack3d micro if I'm training after 6pm. Gets me going but I can still be asleep by 10:30!

    I still have not tried enhanced but feed back is stellar, PES is a great company.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    7887093
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    37.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    My top 2 are PES Enhanced and AN Uncut.

    If you're sessions really get you out of breath, then uncut is great because of the bronchodilation.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  5. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,724
    Rep Power
    5425020
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    49.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Wanted to start a thread for guys who aren't looking for that "pump" bc their routines just don't really call for it.

    Please don't let this turn into a debate thread I'm just looking for feed back from other DC bros and lifters I that kind. I'll begin.

    I've stated I'm not a huge fan of dmaa but 1 on my list is OG Usplabs Jack3d

    I'll be starting the jack3dAF shortly (in prep coach said no no :-( )

    I've got a tub of conquer to burn also.

    What are you other guys using?
    What are looking to get from the product?

    Ephedrine or Uncut would be good. Creatine but that goes without saying. COP + LCLT are other options.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  6. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,842
    Rep Power
    2485579
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    What are looking to get from the product? Ephedrine or Uncut would be good. Creatine but that goes without saying. COP + LCLT are other options.
    I need some bulk COP it sounds like. Already have a boat load of LCLT, just a power formula so to speak.

    No need for fancy nitrates, agmatine, arginine etc... or things like that (slough both serve other purposes and while I'll be taking my agmatine at other times ;-) ) I throw creatine in there bc of the convenience factor, not beta alanine if I don't have to. I hate the way that **** makes me feel. Dose that I. The am, talk about a quick wake me up.

    I don't like doing ephedrine after 4pm bc it keeps me up unless I'm in uber stim whore mode. After this show I'm taking a 2 week break off stims, even coffee
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  7. Advanced Member
    UncleWade's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    250374
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    77.12%

    I do like the mental aspect of Conquer for heavier sessions but what I had stocked up has dwindled after a long summer on the job site. Thanks for your support and feedback here, we appreciate it.

    I like the improved flavoring version of Maximize Intense Raspberry Lemonade, too - nothing gave me a kick in the ass like the original with 1,3 DMAA but this was close.

    Something that I have been using very frequently and have had a very pleasant experience with is AppNut's UNCUT. The convenience of caps plus the mental edge it provides for heavier work is awesome.

    For context, my training over the last three years has consisted of 5/3/1, then Doggcrapp, followed by Mountain Dog, and finally I decided that my one true love is lifting heavy **** for minimal reps (powerlifting) and I've been working with the conjugate method (and the hallmark max effort days) ever since. I definitely understand where I'm coming from.
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

    iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.
  8. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    7887093
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    37.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Almost forgot, stimul8 is also pretty damn potent as far as energy goes.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  9. Board Sponsor
    flightposite's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,969
    Rep Power
    430409
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Stimul8
    Gameday
    Stimulant X

    All three of those work perfect for me when I need energy and power without the jitters.
    I OLift for what it's worth.

    If its late in the day and I don't want to be up all night I use
    UltraReps
    Supersize
    Rpm
    Or a combo of choline and caffein real simple.

    I've used others like uncut and enhanced and unfortunately wasn't very impressed.
    Uncut was ok. But I definitely get better results from RPM. Uncut at 1cap is to weak for me and only gives me slight focus. And at two caps made my heart rate Speed up more then I liked.
    Good luck DW.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  10. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,738
    Rep Power
    4037925
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    12.18%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    My top 2 are PES Enhanced and AN Uncut.

    If you're sessions really get you out of breath, then uncut is great because of the bronchodilation.
    Agreed on both accounts for this.

    I also was a big fan of Origin for these purposes (rhodiola, TMG, and Citrulline are all worth a look for this type of training IMO) and have been enjoying my tub of EVOL from Genomyx so far this month (luckily unless I need to dose at a full 2 scoops I avoid the dreaded Beta Alanine tingles).
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  11. Senior Member
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,504
    Rep Power
    2003748
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    40.93%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Focus XT.
    PES - Physique Enhancing Science
  12. Senior Member
    Clemenza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,412
    Rep Power
    557668
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    67.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I've done DC in the past and would recommend FOCUS XT or White Flood with it.

    I'm assuming you're using Modern BCAA intra? Hit those BCAA's hard when you're doing DC bro.

    How do you like the stretching?
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  13. Senior Member
    tyrub42's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,098
    Rep Power
    250257
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    34.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Focus XT seems like it'd be a great pre for max effort style.

    Conquer tastes ****ty (better than maximize intense) but I like it. Solid energy formula. Good pump (I know we're not talking about it) but I need to dose COP daily to real max Benefits and I wasn't. Still have like 3/4 a tub.

    I love Usplabs jack3d micro if I'm training after 6pm. Gets me going but I can still be asleep by 10:30!

    I still have not tried enhanced but feed back is stellar, PES is a great company.
    I have some conquer on the way now, as well. Do you think it is as strong as Maximize V2 or Maximize Intense?

    I tried a sample of Jack3d Micro and it seemed awesome since I am pretty stim sensitive.

    I still think the best PWO ever made was the original Maximize V2 with Methyl Synephrine and DMAA. That stuff made me feel like Superman without any heart palpitations or cracked-out feeling. I just "found" a site selling the methyl synephrine version and ordered a couple of tubs, paying through the nose for the tubs and again for intl. shipping. Then when it came here, I looked at the label and no methyl synephrine. I even emailed the store owner before ordering to confirm that it was the methyl synephrine version before paying that much for it and he said it was. Lame... oh well. Let me know how conquer compares .
  14. Elite Member
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,457
    Rep Power
    1369330
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    29.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    i would think conquer would work well with max effort lifters....that adrenaline feeling should be really good for those max sets, it does have agmatine in it though but also none of that crappy beta alanine tingles...i also hate them
  15. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,729
    Rep Power
    2930137
    Level
    107
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Stimul8, of course
  16. Senior Member
    allnatural923's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,150
    Rep Power
    854157
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    1.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by flightposite View Post
    Stimul8
    Gameday
    Stimulant X

    All three of those work perfect for me when I need energy and power without the jitters.
    I OLift for what it's worth.

    If its late in the day and I don't want to be up all night I use
    UltraReps
    Supersize
    Rpm
    Or a combo of choline and caffein real simple.

    I've used others like uncut and enhanced and unfortunately wasn't very impressed.
    Uncut was ok. But I definitely get better results from RPM. Uncut at 1cap is to weak for me and only gives me slight focus. And at two caps made my heart rate Speed up more then I liked.
    Good luck DW.
    I liked Game Day when I was doing DC, although I'm doing more volume based training now to give my joints a break. Low volume training worked well for me and I became a fan of DC quick.

    Ultrareps is a simple formula but have to say I'm a fan of it
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  17. Senior Member
    dkgreene88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Power
    1407340
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    79.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    You should try out Conquer.
    Myokem Rep 15% Off @ Myokem.com use code dkgreene15
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Pre Workout For Strength
    By winwrightsa in forum Supplements
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 12:40 PM
  2. best pre-workout for bulking?
    By rojasdave in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 02:49 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 08:47 PM
  4. pre workout for pumps?
    By FLAwrestler88 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 10:13 AM
  5. Suggest a new pre-workout for me
    By gibsonj4 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 01:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in