trouble drinking protein shakes

vicmagana

vicmagana

Awards
Well I drank so much protein (whey gold standart) that I couldnt drink it any more now I change to v-core from.complete nutrition and am having trouble drinking it I have 2 flavors and they seem the same

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much are we talking here? If you're having a problem with the shakes, try to get your protein from whole food sources. Have you changed how you're drinking it at all? How do you currently drink it?

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I drank so much protein (whey gold standart) that I couldnt drink it any more now I change to v-core from.complete nutrition and am having trouble drinking it I have 2 flavors and they seem the same

OP please try a different method for ingesting your protein.... this one you posted online doesn't seem like a good idea ;)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Either stick to whole foods or mix differently. Some people cant stomach it with water but love it with almond milk or milk.

I have a friend that cant do whey unless it is baked into something, he dies PB oatmeal balls and bakes it up

Reactions: mw1
vicmagana

vicmagana

Awards
How much are we talking here? If you're having a problem with the shakes, try to get your protein from whole food sources. Have you changed how you're drinking it at all? How do you currently drink it?
It depends usually 1 or 2 scoops and I drink it with water but the thing is the after taste gets me not the flavor but the protein flavor it makes me wanna puke

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried it any other way? Like with milk or in a smoothie? I can't stand protein in water, grosses me out

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Personally can't stand vcore. I do suggest if you do like the flavor...add it on top of oatmeal or cereal and mix it in. Try the smoothie version. Pick up baking cookies with it. Protein pancakes too.

You don't need whey or any protein powder. If you can do orher food sources go ahead and do that.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Other than changing the preparation or solution base, if you are going to keep your current routine then just change the powder. USP's new OxyElite which is currently on sale is fantastic, one of the best powders when on its own. Others I have tried and enjoy are Protean and GiantSports.

Also I find a world of difference by changing the thickness of the shake, I always use less water than is recommended.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
OK - guys, I can't imagine drinking tuna ANY day, it was said in jest.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Why not?. Not that anyone would, that's just nasty.
Probably because of the potential mercury (and other metals) exposure.

Smaller fish, such as sardines, anchovies, etc. consume far less metal; however larger fish consume a lot of smaller fish - this their metal content is much higher.

Eating smaller fish more frequently is OK.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established

Smaller fish, such as sardines, anchovies, etc. consume far less metal; however larger fish consume a lot of smaller fish - this their metal content is much higher.

Sardines and anchovies are just as bad with mercury.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I think that that is over "hyped" somewhat. I'd think you'd have to actually eat a boatload for that to happen..Never heard of a case either.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I eat pacific salmon 3-4 times a week, alternating daily with chicken for my lunch. I had only heard of the Mercury issue with Tuna, would this much Salmon consumption possibly be an issue?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I eat pacific salmon 3-4 times a week, alternating daily with chicken for my lunch. I had only heard of the Mercury issue with Tuna, would this much Salmon consumption possibly be an issue?
I don't believe so. I eat salmon, talapia, and sardines several times a week.

I just checked the net. Salmon tends to have lower levels of heavy metals. According to Wiki, longer lived larger fish (like Tuna) are the worst heavy metal offenders.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I buy protein from TrueNutrition, it's cheap and you can customize it, so I can get 10 flavors at a time without breaking the bank. Never gets too boring.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thanks for that update Beau,

Good because I love me some Salmon salad.

Portable for work, chunk pacific salmon + diced onion + diced red pepper + diced jalapeño + spinach/lettuce

Or if I am at home, Salmon steak smoked on the BBQ. I work for a store that sells smoking wood chips/chunks so I bring home hickory, maple, whisky, apple, cherry, mesquite, etc. I have a stockpile for options lol.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
No. Up to 5 x a week is great but 7 days a week,multiple cans of tuna a day. There have been many er visits of flu like symptoms. Turns out...Mercury poisoning.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Salmon typically contains very low doses of mercury and I eat it very regulary, 150-200g 3-4 times per week,

vicmagana

vicmagana

Awards
Personally can't stand vcore. I do suggest if you do like the flavor...add it on top of oatmeal or cereal and mix it in. Try the smoothie version. Pick up baking cookies with it. Protein pancakes too.

You don't need whey or any protein powder. If you can do orher food sources go ahead and do that.
Well is there any protein thay doesnt have the same flavor as whey or vcore? With low calories?

WeT.DoLPhiN

Awards
Ditch the whey and start drinking pasteurized egg whites. I found out late that I had a dairy intolerance..this was after two years of poisoning my body twice a day with whey. Despite my intolerance...the bioavailability of eggs far surpass whey. Give it a shot.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well is there any protein thay doesnt have the same flavor as whey or vcore? With low calories?
I recommend pronom 23*same calories as vcore*my daughter says the chocolate taste like swiss miss. im going to try cellucor whey for the first time. Protean by iforce is good. Trutien *good flavors with great ingredients* mts whey is good too. Syntha 6 is on sale most places at the moment. Chocolate,cookies and cream and strawberry are pretty good.

Lotsa choices.