Allopregnanalone?

gmanall

Awards
So I came across a supplement that's for sleep, the ingredient listed is Allopregnanalone. From wiki(For what it's worth):"Allopregnanolone (3α-hydroxy-5α-pregnan-20-one or 3α,5α-tetrahydroprogesterone; also abbreviated as THP or THPROG) is a prototypic neurosteroid present in the blood and also the brain. It is a metabolite of progesterone and potent modulator of GABAA receptors. While allopregnanolone, like other GABAA receptor active neuro[1] steroids such as allotetrahydrodeoxycorticosterone (3α,21-dihydroxy-5α-pregnan-20-one; THDOC), positively modulates all GABAA receptor isoforms, those isoforms containing δ-subunits exhibit greater magnitude potentiation. Allopregnanolone has pharmacological properties similar to other positive modulators of GABAA receptors, including anxiolytic and anticonvulsant activity.[2]"

I won't even pretend to understand 20% of that info, the only thing that stood out is the GABAa receptors. Assuming it's meant for sleep and is gabaa related, is it along the lines of phenibut? If anyone could shed some light on this I'd be grateful.

aquareef

Awards
Bump - i'm also very interested in learning more about this...considering this sleep supplement he's referring to isn't mentioned anywhere else.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I have used it, it works well intranasal or IM but oral activity seemed to be lacking in my personal use. It reminds me of benzo's in an odd way. It helps you relaxand it will knock you out if you want at about 3-4 sprays.