Coconut oil and fat loss

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Coconut oil and fat loss


    Anyone use it for fat loss and how?
    Curious about your results


  2. Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    Anyone use it for fat loss and how?
    Curious about your results
    Interesting no one has replied to this. Coconut oil is decent for weight loss, but it's subtle. I use it to cook all my food and I used to eat it by the spoonful randomly for some extra energy.

    Now I do MCT oil (NOW brand) first thing in the morning mixed with some organic butter and coffee. Crazy energy from this, btw.
    BODY PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS REP
    Sustain Alpha is back!

  3. Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    Interesting no one has replied to this. Coconut oil is decent for weight loss, but it's subtle. I use it to cook all my food and I used to eat it by the spoonful randomly for some extra energy.

    Now I do MCT oil (NOW brand) first thing in the morning mixed with some organic butter and coffee. Crazy energy from this, btw.
    I was expecting more action in this thread also..?
    Have you used it pre workout? Is a better way to use it for fat loss or just overall health benefits? I'm already doing high protein&fat low carb diet and debating if it would help to add coconut oil? Fat loss is the goal
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    I was expecting more action in this thread also..?
    Have you used it pre workout? Is a better way to use it for fat loss or just overall health benefits? I'm already doing high protein&fat low carb diet and debating if it would help to add coconut oil? Fat loss is the goal
    Coconout oil is probably better for overall health. It's anti-microbial, anti-viral, contains MCTs which are great for cognition... but it's also going to boost energy and metabolism.

    I see no reason not to take it, but specifically for fat loss you're probably better off with MCT Oil just because it doesn't have any extra non-MCT calories.
    BODY PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS REP
    Sustain Alpha is back!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post

    Interesting no one has replied to this. Coconut oil is decent for weight loss, but it's subtle. I use it to cook all my food and I used to eat it by the spoonful randomly for some extra energy.

    Now I do MCT oil (NOW brand) first thing in the morning mixed with some organic butter and coffee. Crazy energy from this, btw.
    That's exactly what I use. NOW foods MCT OIL. Super cheap and you get large nice bottles. Has a nice thermogenic effect. Gave me a little digestive discomfort but not too bad. I do like coconut oil though because of the health benefits it offers like cholesterol health etc, which is something pure MCT oil does not have

  6. MCTs yield 7 calories per gram instead of the usual 9 calories from regular fats. you can likely work up a tolerance to MCTs in your belly so as to avoid the stomach distress. I like to use ample amounts of Coconut oil, mint infused fish oils, and MCTs during low carb dieting.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  7. +1 for MCT oil. Great stuff and very good for energy. I always cook with coconut oil also.

  8. havent used MTC oil, but I do use Coconut oil A LOT. A high amount of fats with in reason will yield fat loss depending on how you structure your diet, in which case when I am getting ready for a contest that is what I do. Are you looking in particular for a diet plan that I used that involved them? Because in short I would use a CKD plan, and I use various other oils: Udos, Olive, Macadamia, mint fish oil ect.. just to get a variety and not get sick of coconut oil
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com

  9. I use coconut oil to cook my eggs in every morning. Not specifically for fat loss now, but I started doing it when on the keto diet. Good ol MCT energy to power my morning.

  10. Anyone use MCT intra? I recently picked up some 360cut BCAA Sport, which has 2.5g mct in it...pretty smooth blue raz taste..
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22

  11. Some good information in here, I was unaware on the additional benefits of coconut oil. I typically just stick with peppermint fish oil and olive oil. I will remedy this.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    Interesting no one has replied to this. Coconut oil is decent for weight loss, but it's subtle. I use it to cook all my food and I used to eat it by the spoonful randomly for some extra energy.

    Now I do MCT oil (NOW brand) first thing in the morning mixed with some organic butter and coffee. Crazy energy from this, btw.
    Besides cooking with it there are coconut capsules available (same as fish oil caps!) that can be swallowed throughout the day with meals. I believe this is a great health benefit AND it's convenient!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    Anyone use MCT intra? I recently picked up some 360cut BCAA Sport, which has 2.5g mct in it...pretty smooth blue raz taste..
    I use it before my workouts. I'll drink coffee + MCT (a solid 2 tablespoons) + butter from grassfed/organic source...

    Then I workout on just that with no other foods...

    Energy is amazing and I much prefer working out like that than with any food in my stomach.

    Quote Originally Posted by tx_bencher View Post
    Besides cooking with it there are coconut capsules available (same as fish oil caps!) that can be swallowed throughout the day with meals. I believe this is a great health benefit AND it's convenient!
    I also want you guys to know that RXwhey dot com has MCT powder. It does have maltodextrin in it in order to maintain the powder form, but it's super convenient to add to ANY drink. I hate downing capsules all day.
    BODY PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS REP
    Sustain Alpha is back!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post

    I use it before my workouts. I'll drink coffee + MCT (a solid 2 tablespoons) + butter from grassfed/organic source...

    Then I workout on just that with no other foods...

    Energy is amazing and I much prefer working out like that than with any food in my stomach.
    2 tbs, would that be 28g of Mct's still?
    Interesting, I work out first thing in the morning, fasted, except for a preWO and ~10g bcaa...just started using this Bcaa sport today, will monitor how it works for me...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22

  15. There's feedback indicating it's good at supporting testosterone levels too...particularly when taken at bedtime.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    Interesting no one has replied to this. Coconut oil is decent for weight loss, but it's subtle. I use it to cook all my food and I used to eat it by the spoonful randomly for some extra energy.

    Now I do MCT oil (NOW brand) first thing in the morning mixed with some organic butter and coffee. Crazy energy from this, btw.
    Bulletproof diet?

    The Bulletproof coffee is seriously the best thing in the world haha. I don't know what I would do without it!
    Fan of comics, superhero movies, and video games? Come Like my FB page and join in the discussion: www.Facebook.com/SuperheroSpot

  17. Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    I use it before my workouts. I'll drink coffee + MCT (a solid 2 tablespoons) + butter from grassfed/organic source...
    I'd just like to add to the thread here and I second everything BigBlackGuy is saying but TRUST ME when I say (and I'm sure he can verify) you need to work up to this level of MCT if you're not use to it otherwise you'll be wishing your toilet has handlebars!

    The last thing you want is a severe case of MCT squirts.
    Fan of comics, superhero movies, and video games? Come Like my FB page and join in the discussion: www.Facebook.com/SuperheroSpot

  18. Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    2 tbs, would that be 28g of Mct's still?
    Interesting, I work out first thing in the morning, fasted, except for a preWO and ~10g bcaa...just started using this Bcaa sport today, will monitor how it works for me...
    I'm always up in the air about taking fast-digesting aminos while "fasted". How much of it is being turned into glucose? If your body needs carbs I really think taking fast digesting protein/aminos is mostly being turned to carbs... just my opinion I don't have much to back it up.

    I'd just like to add to the thread here and I second everything BigBlackGuy is saying but TRUST ME when I say (and I'm sure he can verify) you need to work up to this level of MCT if you're not use to it otherwise you'll be wishing your toilet has handlebars!

    The last thing you want is a severe case of MCT squirts.
    Absolutely 100% correct. I can only stomach MCT if I use it with something else, ie, coffee/butter OR tuna.
    BODY PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS REP
    Sustain Alpha is back!

  19. I just bought a jar of coconut oil at Trader Joes to try. I have been using a mint infused fish oil. This will be a good add

  20. Quote Originally Posted by MyKH3LL View Post
    I'd just like to add to the thread here and I second everything BigBlackGuy is saying but TRUST ME when I say (and I'm sure he can verify) you need to work up to this level of MCT if you're not use to it otherwise you'll be wishing your toilet has handlebars!

    The last thing you want is a severe case of MCT squirts.
    Would that be the case because people are not use to this amount of oil in their diet? Or just because of the MCT oil itself? I use 3 tbsp of udo's a day along with 2-3 coconut a day and some other stuff so that is why I am asking.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com

  21. Well I do notice that when I take the oil straight it makes my throat very mucousy which when swallowed can make some people nauseaus, etc

  22. Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    Would that be the case because people are not use to this amount of oil in their diet? Or just because of the MCT oil itself? I use 3 tbsp of udo's a day along with 2-3 coconut a day and some other stuff so that is why I am asking.
    I've drank a lot of different oils straight, including: Olive Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Coconut Oil and Fish oil. None of them ever gave me problems except for MCT oil.
    BODY PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS REP
    Sustain Alpha is back!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    Would that be the case because people are not use to this amount of oil in their diet? Or just because of the MCT oil itself? I use 3 tbsp of udo's a day along with 2-3 coconut a day and some other stuff so that is why I am asking.
    I believe, don't quote me on this though, that it is because people are not use to or capable of properly absorbing this much fat straight away.
    Fan of comics, superhero movies, and video games? Come Like my FB page and join in the discussion: www.Facebook.com/SuperheroSpot

  24. Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    Would that be the case because people are not use to this amount of oil in their diet? Or just because of the MCT oil itself? I use 3 tbsp of udo's a day along with 2-3 coconut a day and some other stuff so that is why I am asking.
    its the MCT itself.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  25. I never knew of this issue with MCT, but never had a problem with it all the same. Must be lucky I guess.

  26. So if on a high carb/protein and low-moderate fat diet, should one avoid Coconut oil?

    I used to use it to cook and make protein pancakes / shakes when I was keto... But I've switched to a high carb diet with moderate fat (consumed away from carbs) and have recomped quite nicely on it... I do miss my coco oil and PB shakes tho!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

  27. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    So if on a high carb/protein and low-moderate fat diet, should one avoid Coconut oil?

    I used to use it to cook and make protein pancakes / shakes when I was keto... But I've switched to a high carb diet with moderate fat (consumed away from carbs) and have recomped quite nicely on it... I do miss my coco oil and PB shakes tho!
    Depends what you mean by moderate, but I'd still say there was room for coconut oil. Fat intake seems to be a personal thing though. Personally, if I drop below 50g/day, I notice a detrimental effect in my focus and libido. Coconut oil is essential for me... have it every day, in varying quantities.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Johnston View Post
    Depends what you mean by moderate, but I'd still say there was room for coconut oil. Fat intake seems to be a personal thing though. Personally, if I drop below 50g/day, I notice a detrimental effect in my focus and libido. Coconut oil is essential for me... have it every day, in varying quantities.
    Yea I'm on erase too so my libido is hurtin despite using daa and maca+trib+fenugreek.

    My fat is about 30-50 daily usually on the lower end tho
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

  29. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    my libido is hurtin.

    My fat is about 30-50 daily usually on the lower end tho
    boldened latter is likely the cause of the former
    fat intake is too low..this is not the 70s bro, that idea of low-fat went out long time ago

    generally speaking, sure when carbs are high we want to keep fats in check (and vice versa if we care anything about body composition) -- but, that is a relative terminology, and nothing finite like 30g (which as I already said is wayyy too low)

  30. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    boldened latter is likely the cause of the former
    fat intake is too low..this is not the 70s bro, that idea of low-fat went out long time ago

    generally speaking, sure when carbs are high we want to keep fats in check (and vice versa if we care anything about body composition) -- but, that is a relative terminology, and nothing finite like 30g (which as I already said is wayyy too low)
    I understand that for sure. Recomping has been great, although I know low fat causes much more issues than just libido. It's been about 3 months, I'm making changes now.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

  31. It's harder for MCT's to convert to fatty acid forms that can be reabsorbed and stored as body fat. The great thing about MCT is how they get metabolized quickly and into ketones. So if you use MCT rich fats/oils such as coconut oil in place of things like butter or cooking needs, there could be some benefits there.

    At the end of the day though, if you are eating excessive calories that fatten you up, it's your caloric intake which you should be concerned about TBH.

  32. i've been using coconut oil for awhile now....i put it in my morning coffee, used to put it in my protein shake, i've also cooked with it and didn't 'mind it, but other ppl swear they taste coconuts when i used it for cooking

    it just sucks because my ex gf's aunt runs a health store and got me a gallon of organic coconut oil for $1, i'm running low, have to find where i can get a gallon of it again

  33. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post

    Yea I'm on erase too so my libido is hurtin despite using daa and maca+trib+fenugreek.

    My fat is about 30-50 daily usually on the lower end tho
    You do realise that fats play one of the greatest roles in the body? Why o why would you deprive yourself of them?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    i've been using coconut oil for awhile now....i put it in my morning coffee, used to put it in my protein shake, i've also cooked with it and didn't 'mind it, but other ppl swear they taste coconuts when i used it for cooking it just sucks because my ex gf's aunt runs a health store and got me a gallon of organic coconut oil for $1, i'm running low, have to find where i can get a gallon of it again
    Absolutely love some coconut oil in my oatmeal. Generally, you should aim for ~.45g per lb. of BW as the minimum for your fat intake.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    cls@seriousnutritionsolutions. com

  35. I start off almost every morning with coconut oil in my oatmeal or shake, I never had it in coffee but I had it in my tea...

  36. Anybody eat much of the banana chips you can find in many stores? Usually consists of bananas, coconut oil and sugar.
    PES - Physique Enhancing Science

  37. Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Anybody eat much of the banana chips you can find in many stores? Usually consists of bananas, coconut oil and sugar.
    Ate so much of them I got tired of them lol
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    Body Performance Solutions Rep

  38. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Ate so much of them I got tired of them lol
    They have those bags at Target for a little over a dollar. Great deal.
    PES - Physique Enhancing Science

  39. I get the dried green beans. They are surprisingly tasty just expensive.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  40. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I get the dried green beans. They are surprisingly tasty just expensive.
    Dried green beans are delicious. Have you tried the dried okra? The peas are my least favorite lol
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    Body Performance Solutions Rep
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Flax Oil and Weight Loss
    By mcgwirefan37 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 11:22 AM
  2. Insulin regulation and fat loss
    By zachs in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 02:04 PM
  3. Vitamin C and Fat Loss
    By BOHICA in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2006, 01:41 AM
  4. Zoloft and Fat Loss
    By powerlifter6920 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 11:01 PM
  5. IGF-1 LR3 and Fat-Loss
    By Blatalian in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Log in
Log in