Curious about your results

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    Anyone use it for fat loss and how?
    Curious about your results
    Interesting no one has replied to this. Coconut oil is decent for weight loss, but it's subtle. I use it to cook all my food and I used to eat it by the spoonful randomly for some extra energy.

Now I do MCT oil (NOW brand) first thing in the morning mixed with some organic butter and coffee. Crazy energy from this, btw.
    Celtic Labs Rep
  3. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    Interesting no one has replied to this. Coconut oil is decent for weight loss, but it's subtle. I use it to cook all my food and I used to eat it by the spoonful randomly for some extra energy.

Now I do MCT oil (NOW brand) first thing in the morning mixed with some organic butter and coffee. Crazy energy from this, btw.
    I was expecting more action in this thread also..?
    Have you used it pre workout? Is a better way to use it for fat loss or just overall health benefits? I'm already doing high protein&fat low carb diet and debating if it would help to add coconut oil? Fat loss is the goal
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    I was expecting more action in this thread also..?
    Have you used it pre workout? Is a better way to use it for fat loss or just overall health benefits? I'm already doing high protein&fat low carb diet and debating if it would help to add coconut oil? Fat loss is the goal
    Coconout oil is probably better for overall health. It's anti-microbial, anti-viral, contains MCTs which are great for cognition... but it's also going to boost energy and metabolism.

I see no reason not to take it, but specifically for fat loss you're probably better off with MCT Oil just because it doesn't have any extra non-MCT calories.
    Celtic Labs Rep
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That's exactly what I use. NOW foods MCT OIL. Super cheap and you get large nice bottles. Has a nice thermogenic effect. Gave me a little digestive discomfort but not too bad. I do like coconut oil though because of the health benefits it offers like cholesterol health etc, which is something pure MCT oil does not have
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  222 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

MCTs yield 7 calories per gram instead of the usual 9 calories from regular fats. you can likely work up a tolerance to MCTs in your belly so as to avoid the stomach distress. I like to use ample amounts of Coconut oil, mint infused fish oils, and MCTs during low carb dieting.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

+1 for MCT oil. Great stuff and very good for energy. I always cook with coconut oil also.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

havent used MTC oil, but I do use Coconut oil A LOT. A high amount of fats with in reason will yield fat loss depending on how you structure your diet, in which case when I am getting ready for a contest that is what I do. Are you looking in particular for a diet plan that I used that involved them? Because in short I would use a CKD plan, and I use various other oils: Udos, Olive, Macadamia, mint fish oil ect.. just to get a variety and not get sick of coconut oil
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.

I use coconut oil to cook my eggs in every morning. Not specifically for fat loss now, but I started doing it when on the keto diet. Good ol MCT energy to power my morning.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Anyone use MCT intra? I recently picked up some 360cut BCAA Sport, which has 2.5g mct in it...pretty smooth blue raz taste..
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.

Some good information in here, I was unaware on the additional benefits of coconut oil. I typically just stick with peppermint fish oil and olive oil. I will remedy this.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.

Besides cooking with it there are coconut capsules available (same as fish oil caps!) that can be swallowed throughout the day with meals. I believe this is a great health benefit AND it's convenient!
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    Anyone use MCT intra? I recently picked up some 360cut BCAA Sport, which has 2.5g mct in it...pretty smooth blue raz taste..
    I use it before my workouts. I'll drink coffee + MCT (a solid 2 tablespoons) + butter from grassfed/organic source...

Then I workout on just that with no other foods...

Energy is amazing and I much prefer working out like that than with any food in my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by tx_bencher View Post
    Besides cooking with it there are coconut capsules available (same as fish oil caps!) that can be swallowed throughout the day with meals. I believe this is a great health benefit AND it's convenient!
    I also want you guys to know that RXwhey dot com has MCT powder. It does have maltodextrin in it in order to maintain the powder form, but it's super convenient to add to ANY drink. I hate downing capsules all day.
    Celtic Labs Rep
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I use it before my workouts. I'll drink coffee + MCT (a solid 2 tablespoons) + butter from grassfed/organic source...

Then I workout on just that with no other foods...

Energy is amazing and I much prefer working out like that than with any food in my stomach.
    2 tbs, would that be 28g of Mct's still?
    Interesting, I work out first thing in the morning, fasted, except for a preWO and ~10g bcaa...just started using this Bcaa sport today, will monitor how it works for me...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

There's feedback indicating it's good at supporting testosterone levels too...particularly when taken at bedtime.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Bulletproof diet?

The Bulletproof coffee is seriously the best thing in the world haha. I don't know what I would do without it!
    I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there... Please save me, Superman!
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I'd just like to add to the thread here and I second everything BigBlackGuy is saying but TRUST ME when I say (and I'm sure he can verify) you need to work up to this level of MCT if you're not use to it otherwise you'll be wishing your toilet has handlebars!

The last thing you want is a severe case of MCT squirts.
    I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there... Please save me, Superman!
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    2 tbs, would that be 28g of Mct's still?
    Interesting, I work out first thing in the morning, fasted, except for a preWO and ~10g bcaa...just started using this Bcaa sport today, will monitor how it works for me...
    I'm always up in the air about taking fast-digesting aminos while "fasted". How much of it is being turned into glucose? If your body needs carbs I really think taking fast digesting protein/aminos is mostly being turned to carbs... just my opinion I don't have much to back it up.

I'd just like to add to the thread here and I second everything BigBlackGuy is saying but TRUST ME when I say (and I'm sure he can verify) you need to work up to this level of MCT if you're not use to it otherwise you'll be wishing your toilet has handlebars!

Absolutely 100% correct. I can only stomach MCT if I use it with something else, ie, coffee/butter OR tuna.
    Celtic Labs Rep
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I just bought a jar of coconut oil at Trader Joes to try. I have been using a mint infused fish oil. This will be a good add
    Myokem Rep 15% Off @ Myokem.com use code dkgreene15
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MyKH3LL View Post

Would that be the case because people are not use to this amount of oil in their diet? Or just because of the MCT oil itself? I use 3 tbsp of udo's a day along with 2-3 coconut a day and some other stuff so that is why I am asking.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Well I do notice that when I take the oil straight it makes my throat very mucousy which when swallowed can make some people nauseaus, etc
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    Would that be the case because people are not use to this amount of oil in their diet? Or just because of the MCT oil itself? I use 3 tbsp of udo's a day along with 2-3 coconut a day and some other stuff so that is why I am asking.
    I've drank a lot of different oils straight, including: Olive Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Coconut Oil and Fish oil. None of them ever gave me problems except for MCT oil.
    Celtic Labs Rep
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I believe, don't quote me on this though, that it is because people are not use to or capable of properly absorbing this much fat straight away.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  222 lbs.

its the MCT itself.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

I never knew of this issue with MCT, but never had a problem with it all the same. Must be lucky I guess.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

So if on a high carb/protein and low-moderate fat diet, should one avoid Coconut oil?

I used to use it to cook and make protein pancakes / shakes when I was keto... But I've switched to a high carb diet with moderate fat (consumed away from carbs) and have recomped quite nicely on it... I do miss my coco oil and PB shakes tho!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    So if on a high carb/protein and low-moderate fat diet, should one avoid Coconut oil?

I used to use it to cook and make protein pancakes / shakes when I was keto... But I've switched to a high carb diet with moderate fat (consumed away from carbs) and have recomped quite nicely on it... I do miss my coco oil and PB shakes tho!
    Depends what you mean by moderate, but I'd still say there was room for coconut oil. Fat intake seems to be a personal thing though. Personally, if I drop below 50g/day, I notice a detrimental effect in my focus and libido. Coconut oil is essential for me... have it every day, in varying quantities.
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Johnston View Post
    Depends what you mean by moderate, but I'd still say there was room for coconut oil. Fat intake seems to be a personal thing though. Personally, if I drop below 50g/day, I notice a detrimental effect in my focus and libido. Coconut oil is essential for me... have it every day, in varying quantities.
    Yea I'm on erase too so my libido is hurtin despite using daa and maca+trib+fenugreek.

My fat is about 30-50 daily usually on the lower end tho
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

my libido is hurtin.

boldened latter is likely the cause of the former
    fat intake is too low..this is not the 70s bro, that idea of low-fat went out long time ago

generally speaking, sure when carbs are high we want to keep fats in check (and vice versa if we care anything about body composition) -- but, that is a relative terminology, and nothing finite like 30g (which as I already said is wayyy too low)
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    boldened latter is likely the cause of the former
    fat intake is too low..this is not the 70s bro, that idea of low-fat went out long time ago

generally speaking, sure when carbs are high we want to keep fats in check (and vice versa if we care anything about body composition) -- but, that is a relative terminology, and nothing finite like 30g (which as I already said is wayyy too low)
    I understand that for sure. Recomping has been great, although I know low fat causes much more issues than just libido. It's been about 3 months, I'm making changes now.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

It's harder for MCT's to convert to fatty acid forms that can be reabsorbed and stored as body fat. The great thing about MCT is how they get metabolized quickly and into ketones. So if you use MCT rich fats/oils such as coconut oil in place of things like butter or cooking needs, there could be some benefits there.

At the end of the day though, if you are eating excessive calories that fatten you up, it's your caloric intake which you should be concerned about TBH.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

i've been using coconut oil for awhile now....i put it in my morning coffee, used to put it in my protein shake, i've also cooked with it and didn't 'mind it, but other ppl swear they taste coconuts when i used it for cooking

it just sucks because my ex gf's aunt runs a health store and got me a gallon of organic coconut oil for $1, i'm running low, have to find where i can get a gallon of it again
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yea I'm on erase too so my libido is hurtin despite using daa and maca+trib+fenugreek.

You do realise that fats play one of the greatest roles in the body? Why o why would you deprive yourself of them?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    i've been using coconut oil for awhile now....i put it in my morning coffee, used to put it in my protein shake, i've also cooked with it and didn't 'mind it, but other ppl swear they taste coconuts when i used it for cooking it just sucks because my ex gf's aunt runs a health store and got me a gallon of organic coconut oil for $1, i'm running low, have to find where i can get a gallon of it again
    Absolutely love some coconut oil in my oatmeal. Generally, you should aim for ~.45g per lb. of BW as the minimum for your fat intake.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
  35. Advanced Member

I start off almost every morning with coconut oil in my oatmeal or shake, I never had it in coffee but I had it in my tea...
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Anybody eat much of the banana chips you can find in many stores? Usually consists of bananas, coconut oil and sugar.

37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Anybody eat much of the banana chips you can find in many stores? Usually consists of bananas, coconut oil and sugar.
    Ate so much of them I got tired of them lol
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Ate so much of them I got tired of them lol
    They have those bags at Target for a little over a dollar. Great deal.

39. Pro Virili Parte

I get the dried green beans. They are surprisingly tasty just expensive.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I get the dried green beans. They are surprisingly tasty just expensive.
    Dried green beans are delicious. Have you tried the dried okra? The peas are my least favorite lol
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Flax Oil and Weight Loss
    By mcgwirefan37 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 10:22 AM
  2. Insulin regulation and fat loss
    By zachs in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3