Freezing on Alpha T2

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Does anyone else get cold with (the new) Alpha T2? Not that I mind - I know its working in more ways than one...
It's like a much stronger Vanilean effect....

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there any caffeine or any stimulants in your day? Through supplements or food (like coffee)

You're definitely a good reactor

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Is there any caffeine or any stimulants in your day? Through supplements or food (like coffee)

You're definitely a good reactor
Yes their is - at least a couple of coffees and then more (pre-workout) on workout days. Was prompted tonight to post - took my evening single cap dose and had a strong black coffee not long after. The caffeine seems to really bring Aplaha's effect. Tell me more...

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This is interesting. I noticed that you mentioned Alpha I love that stuff it works super well. I also enjoy DAA and bcaas. What protein do you use?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is interesting. I noticed that you mentioned Alpha I love that stuff it works super well. I also enjoy DAA and bcaas. What protein do you use?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Yes their is - at least a couple of coffees and then more (pre-workout) on workout days. Was prompted tonight to post - took my evening single cap dose and had a strong black coffee not long after. The caffeine seems to really bring Aplaha's effect. Tell me more...
Caffeine synergizes with the yohimbe extract we use. When you couple this with the pro-thyroidals at full doses, there's a reason we didn't put caffeine in AT2: it would be too strong for most.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Caffeine synergizes with the yohimbe extract we use. When you couple this with the pro-thyroidals at full doses, there's a reason we didn't put caffeine in AT2: it would be too strong for most.
Nice, I like it. Most noticeable is the additional energy that is unleashed when caffeine is added....

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does anyone else get cold with (the new) Alpha T2? Not that I mind - I know its working in more ways than one...
I take my alpha t2 w icariin n osthole and caffeine

Adds fuel to the fire...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9772606/

http://en.cnki.com.cn/Article_en/CJFDTOTAL-DEJD801.024.htm

Everyone always asks about a thyroid pct. well here it is

Alpha t2 is a great product. I've been through 2 bottles so far

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
It what respects would it be too strong for individuals? The stimulant components, caffeine and yohimbe. aren't particularly strong, so what effect do the pro-thyroidals have when combined that causes this?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It what respects would it be too strong for individuals? The stimulant components, caffeine and yohimbe. aren't particularly strong, so what effect do the pro-thyroidals have when combined that causes this?
Caffeine, yohimbe, and higenamine are all thermogenics. And thyroidals are also thermogenic. In short, you will sweat.

Touey

Touey

Awards
It is super duper

lronFist

Banned
Awards
Those thyroidals may cause one to become cold because they are anti thyrotrophic.

And furthermore, a thermogenic causes one to become warm, not cold.

If you activate the SNS with VR-type compounds then you would stimulate sweating in the absence of thermogenesis.

This is one of the dumbest threads I've ever read.

lronFist

Banned
Awards
You think it's working because you get cold?

Please shoot me.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Those thyroidals may cause one to become cold because they are anti thyrotrophic.

If you activate the SNS with VR-type compounds then you would stimulate sweating in the absence of thermogenesis.

Reduced TSH from oleuropein was secondary to basic feedback inhibition from T3 (increased peripheral T4 to T3 turnover). I think you may be looking at the older Alpha-T2.

I was referring to the thermogenic response generating heat. In OP's case, my best guess is peripheral vasoconstriction from yohimbinoids creating the sensation of cold without actually dropping core temperature.

Touey

Touey

Awards

download (22).jpg
You jus got cooped

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
You think it's working because you get cold?

Please shoot me.
No. It's working cause I can see changes Bud. I just noticed that I get cold if caffeine is present in the equation...and my energy level also sky rockets. Nice little discovery. One or 2 T2's and have a cup of black coffee 1/2 hour later and you have big time energy for many hours or have a pre-workout with 400-500mg caffeine (up to hours after you took the T2 dose) and you have crazy energy for the rest of the day - I am talking 8-10 hours. And the energy is in addition to what would normally be experienced from the coffee or pre-workout..

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Not sure, but while cutting I eat a few tabs of Dexaprine with E and take many scoops of Alphamine.....I find the T2 / caffeine effect pretty wild - so the average Joe might overwhelmed. I would recommend taking two T2's (after using them for a week) and having a cup of black coffee 1/2 hour later before introducing any more caffeine.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
No. It's working cause I can see changes Bud. I just noticed that I get cold if caffeine is present in the equation...and my energy level also sky rockets. Nice little discovery. One or 2 T2's and have a cup of black coffee 1/2 hour later and you have big time energy for many hours or have a pre-workout with 400-500mg caffeine (up to hours after you took the T2 dose) and you have crazy energy for the rest of the day - I am talking 8-10 hours. And the energy is in addition to what would normally be experienced from the coffee or pre-workout..
Caffeine, exercise, fasting, etc all potentiate the activity of the yohimbe extract

lronFist

Banned
Awards
Reduced TSH from oleuropein was secondary to basic feedback inhibition from T3 (increased peripheral T4 to T3 turnover). I think you may be looking at the older Alpha-T2.

I was referring to the thermogenic response generating heat. In OP's case, my best guess is peripheral vasoconstriction from yohimbinoids creating the sensation of cold without actually dropping core temperature.
Why do you think the compound responsible for increasing T3 in rats is oleuropein? Furthermore, the evidence that olive leaf extract effects thyroid metabolism in humans is lacking (unless you have evidence that I am not pivy to).

Furthermore, yohimbine doesn't cause peripheral vasoconstriction. It might, if it didn't have access to the CNS, but it does.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Why do you think the compound responsible for increasing T3 in rats is oleuropein? Furthermore, the evidence that olive leaf extract effects thyroid metabolism in humans is lacking (unless you have evidence that I am not pivy to).

Furthermore, yohimbine doesn't cause peripheral vasoconstriction. It might, if it didn't have access to the CNS, but it does.
There isn't a human study on oleuropein's effects on T3, and while I can't say for certain that it is the responsible bioactive, the compound/plant does have human studies to various other ends, which at the minimum indicates sufficient bioavailability to elicit physiological effects.

As for yohimbine, it does seem to increase diastolic blood pressure (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10949101). Due to heavy selectivity for the alpha 2 over the alpha 1 receptor, we are presumably looking at increased vasoconstriction, probably mediated by a variety of factors, both in the vasculature and centrally.

lronFist

Banned
Awards
There isn't a human study on oleuropein's effects on T3, and while I can't say for certain that it is the responsible bioactive, the compound/plant does have human studies to various other ends, which at the minimum indicates sufficient bioavailability to elicit physiological effects.

As for yohimbine, it does seem to increase diastolic blood pressure (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10949101). Due to heavy selectivity for the alpha 2 over the alpha 1 receptor, we are presumably looking at increased vasoconstriction, probably mediated by a variety of factors, both in the vasculature and centrally.
Even if we surmise that oleuropein is the active constituent, the results achieved in the rat study are absolutely below the threshold for contributing to active fat loss. Thyrotoxicity resulting in substantial weight loss occurs over the course of weeks-to-months in the setting of a T4/T3 10-100x's above baseline.

I would advise that you look into the older veterinary literature on yohimbine for its peripheral systemic effects.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, so you mean to say that you have not tried Enhanced yet? ;) Or Alphamine? You shall shiver and sweat like no tomorrow. Sadly that intensity does tend to taper off after awhile, now I just sweat a good amount.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This is one of my favorite products by far. I love the benefits I get from it. Really great stuff for sure. I also like stacking it with other things as well it works well with DAA. .

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Even if we surmise that oleuropein is the active constituent, the results achieved in the rat study are absolutely below the threshold for contributing to active fat loss. Thyrotoxicity resulting in substantial weight loss occurs over the course of weeks-to-months in the setting of a T4/T3 10-100x's above baseline.

I would advise that you look into the older veterinary literature on yohimbine for its peripheral systemic effects.
Oleuropein/olive leaf extract is but an ingredient in the formula. It wasn't included with the intention of mimicking supraphysiological levels of T4/T3. Rather, it has beneficial effects on metabolism in the murine model (the HED for increased peripheral deiodinase activity, even at ~60%, is very low), blood glucose, and the cardiovascular system.

I'll look into the old veterinary research for sure, I'm assuming in dogs? Anecdotally, caffeine + yohimbine makes my extremeties cold, which can give the illusion of a lowered overall body temperature.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Never heard of cold sweats?

A quick google search of "yohimbe cold sweats" sure does give a lot of hits...

Not saying you were wrong, just curious if you believe that if this is physically impossible, why exactly there are sensitive users to yohimbe extracts and yohimbine HCl who get cold sweats, even from pure yohimbine and nothing else

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oleuropein/olive leaf extract is but an ingredient in the formula. It wasn't included with the intention of mimicking supraphysiological levels of T4/T3. Rather, it has beneficial effects on metabolism in the murine model (the HED for increased peripheral deiodinase activity, even at ~60%, is very low), blood glucose, and the cardiovascular system.

I'll look into the old veterinary research for sure, I'm assuming in dogs? Anecdotally, caffeine + yohimbine makes my extremeties cold, which can give the illusion of a lowered overall body temperature.
Olive leaf is becoming very popular for multiple benefits. As we discussed before, one of the more frequently studied extracts the past 2-3 years

lronFist

Banned
Awards
Never heard of cold sweats?

A quick google search of "yohimbe cold sweats" sure does give a lot of hits...
It increases central SNS tone which also happens to increase sweating and subsequent evaporative cooling. Ascribing thermogenesis to feeling cold is moronic.

lronFist

Banned
Awards
Olive leaf is becoming very popular for multiple benefits. As we discussed before, one of the more frequently studied extracts the past 2-3 years
I could really care less about its "multiple benefits." This thread is about thermogenesis, of which olive leaf does not modulate.