DAA - Psychoactive?

deadliftz

Awards
I'm currently on week three of a DAA cycle of 3g daily. Yesterday, shortly after taking my first dose, I experienced some unusual visual pseudohallucinations for a period of roughly twenty minutes. It was like I was having an acid flashback - possible, given my past experiences, but I've never experienced something like this before. The visuals were mild, but severe enough that I wasn't comfortable driving.

Is it possible that DAA exerts some psychoactivity and may have caused this, or is it more likely something completely unrelated? Initially, I thought it was a coincidence, but after reading some anecdotal evidence of DAA causing neurological effects such as brain zaps I wondered if there may be a connection here.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
DAA makes me feel funny but Ive never tripped ballz on it.. try some iforce intimidate it use NDMA instead of DAA.

deadliftz

Awards
DAA makes me feel funny but Ive never tripped ballz on it.. try some iforce intimidate it use NDMA instead of DAA.
I wouldn't say I was tripping exactly. It was like when you look into a bright light and it burns into your vision for a minute or two, except there was no light and this lasted a lot longer.

I might try that in future.

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
Id like to see the responses on this topic.as well

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I know the first time I took TCF 1 which is sodium DAA I had some interesting responses. I was doing leg extensions and this guy was walking past me and I had this extreme urge to reach out and grab the guy. Actually felt like I might do it and couldn't control it. Felt like my brain wasn't rationalizing my thoughts. I then had a migraine headache that lasted about 72 hrs but after that I felt awesome.

deadliftz

Awards
Speaking of headaches, I've also had several in the past few days.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm currently on week three of a DAA cycle of 3g daily. Yesterday, shortly after taking my first dose, I experienced some unusual visual pseudohallucinations for a period of roughly twenty minutes. It was like I was having an acid flashback - possible, given my past experiences, but I've never experienced something like this before. The visuals were mild, but severe enough that I wasn't comfortable driving.

Is it possible that DAA exerts some psychoactivity and may have caused this, or is it more likely something completely unrelated? Initially, I thought it was a coincidence, but after reading some anecdotal evidence of DAA causing neurological effects such as brain zaps I wondered if there may be a connection here.
No.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Care to elaborate? I asked whether this could be a result of DAA or if it's more likely a coincidence; "no" doesn't really constitute an answer.
No, it is more likely a coincidence.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nothing is 100%, but I have never heard anything near what you experienced. It also seems odd that this happened after the first time you used it, but not again during the subsequent 3 weeks.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I don't know the neurochemistry of acid flashbacks, but if it involves the NMDA receptor, it's plausible. As in like, 0.000000000001% likely

deadliftz

Awards
Nothing is 100%, but I have never heard anything near what you experienced. It also seems odd that this happened after the first time you used it, but not again during the subsequent 3 weeks.
You misread; it happened about three weeks after the first time I used it. Up until then, all I was noticing was better sleep, and an elevated libido and mood changes that were mild enough to possibly be placebo.