DAA - Psychoactive?

  1. New Member
    deadliftz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    69
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    20.42%

    DAA - Psychoactive?


    I'm currently on week three of a DAA cycle of 3g daily. Yesterday, shortly after taking my first dose, I experienced some unusual visual pseudohallucinations for a period of roughly twenty minutes. It was like I was having an acid flashback - possible, given my past experiences, but I've never experienced something like this before. The visuals were mild, but severe enough that I wasn't comfortable driving.

    Is it possible that DAA exerts some psychoactivity and may have caused this, or is it more likely something completely unrelated? Initially, I thought it was a coincidence, but after reading some anecdotal evidence of DAA causing neurological effects such as brain zaps I wondered if there may be a connection here.

  2. Professional Member
    xR1pp3Rx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,017
    Rep Power
    1506037
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    DAA makes me feel funny but Ive never tripped ballz on it.. try some iforce intimidate it use NDMA instead of DAA.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  3. New Member
    deadliftz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    69
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    20.42%

    Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    DAA makes me feel funny but Ive never tripped ballz on it.. try some iforce intimidate it use NDMA instead of DAA.
    I wouldn't say I was tripping exactly. It was like when you look into a bright light and it burns into your vision for a minute or two, except there was no light and this lasted a lot longer.

    I might try that in future.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    srocco112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    614
    Rep Power
    44429
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    17.66%

    Id like to see the responses on this topic.as well
  5. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,697
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I know the first time I took TCF 1 which is sodium DAA I had some interesting responses. I was doing leg extensions and this guy was walking past me and I had this extreme urge to reach out and grab the guy. Actually felt like I might do it and couldn't control it. Felt like my brain wasn't rationalizing my thoughts. I then had a migraine headache that lasted about 72 hrs but after that I felt awesome.
  6. New Member
    deadliftz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    69
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    20.42%

    Speaking of headaches, I've also had several in the past few days.
  7. Senior Member
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Power
    1191682
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    37.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by deadliftz View Post
    I'm currently on week three of a DAA cycle of 3g daily. Yesterday, shortly after taking my first dose, I experienced some unusual visual pseudohallucinations for a period of roughly twenty minutes. It was like I was having an acid flashback - possible, given my past experiences, but I've never experienced something like this before. The visuals were mild, but severe enough that I wasn't comfortable driving.

    Is it possible that DAA exerts some psychoactivity and may have caused this, or is it more likely something completely unrelated? Initially, I thought it was a coincidence, but after reading some anecdotal evidence of DAA causing neurological effects such as brain zaps I wondered if there may be a connection here.
    No.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  8. New Member
    deadliftz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    69
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    20.42%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    No.
    Care to elaborate? I asked whether this could be a result of DAA or if it's more likely a coincidence; "no" doesn't really constitute an answer.
  9. Senior Member
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Power
    1191682
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    37.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by deadliftz View Post
    Care to elaborate? I asked whether this could be a result of DAA or if it's more likely a coincidence; "no" doesn't really constitute an answer.
    No, it is more likely a coincidence.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  10. New Member
    deadliftz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    69
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    20.42%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    No, it is more likely a coincidence.
    So you're saying DAA is strictly not psychoactive?
  11. Senior Member
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Power
    1191682
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    37.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Nothing is 100%, but I have never heard anything near what you experienced. It also seems odd that this happened after the first time you used it, but not again during the subsequent 3 weeks.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  12. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6777729
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    I don't know the neurochemistry of acid flashbacks, but if it involves the NMDA receptor, it's plausible. As in like, 0.000000000001% likely
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  13. New Member
    deadliftz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    69
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    20.42%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Nothing is 100%, but I have never heard anything near what you experienced. It also seems odd that this happened after the first time you used it, but not again during the subsequent 3 weeks.
    You misread; it happened about three weeks after the first time I used it. Up until then, all I was noticing was better sleep, and an elevated libido and mood changes that were mild enough to possibly be placebo.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-26-2010, 11:54 PM
  2. DAA on a Keto Diet
    By SonicSWOLE in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 04:06 PM
  3. Who manufacturers DAA (D-aspartic acid)?
    By AtomicFox in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 05:25 PM
  4. DAA suppliers
    By nunes in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 08:35 PM
  5. Phenylethylamine psychoactive reports
    By Neuron in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 03:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in