Why do I get so hungry

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When I am lifting weights? Sometimes it's to the point where I have to cut my workouts short due to feeling hungry. Sometimes I lift fasted, other times I'll have a small meal with some carbs. Yet I always seem to get the urge to need to eat something. The hunger cravings get me weak.

Any supps that could help me?

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
how bout you just eat a few hours before going? or down some caffeine

JD261985

Banned
Awards
When I am lifting weights? Sometimes it's to the point where I have to cut my workouts short due to feeling hungry. Sometimes I lift fasted, other times I'll have a small meal with some carbs. Yet I always seem to get the urge to need to eat something. The hunger cravings get me weak.

Any supps that could help me?
Try intra workout carbs. That should solve the problem

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think you answered your own question when you said you lift fasted or with a light meal. I'm not going to get into a lifting fasted debate, but I have yet to see anyone not get hungry if they don't eat and have an intense workout.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
take some dexaprine or alphamine prior to the lift. you will get the energy but your appetite should be gtg

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The problem with taking stims for me is that I have to work out in the evening after work and I won't be able to fall asleep when I should.

Intra-carbs? I've tried Gaspari Glycofuse and liked the taste but that hasn't seemed to solve the problem. Maybe I should just keep giving that a try.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The problem with taking stims for me is that I have to work out in the evening after work and I won't be able to fall asleep when I should.

Intra-carbs? I've tried Gaspari Glycofuse and liked the taste but that hasn't seemed to solve the problem. Maybe I should just keep giving that a try.
Why not just eat before you go?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

How do you end up training fasted in the evening? Do you not eat during the day? I train fasted because I train first thing in the morning, more of a convenience thing than anything else, I also don't like having food digesting in my gut less than 3-4 hours before training. So for me, a preworkout or fat burner plus something for intra and I'm good to go. I wouldn't and did not train completely fasted in the afternoons/evenings when I use to train after work.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The problem with taking stims for me is that I have to work out in the evening after work and I won't be able to fall asleep when I should. Intra-carbs? I've tried Gaspari Glycofuse and liked the taste but that hasn't seemed to solve the problem. Maybe I should just keep giving that a try.
Hungry = Eat food.

Gatorade would be much cheaper than Gaspari

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I eat a lunch around noon. Then don't eat much of anything except maybe a protein bar until my workout at 5.

And this happens weekends as well. I'll eat a breakfast that will include several eggs before my workout and I still get hungry.

So it happens even when I do eat before I train.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So eat more...and eat something closer than 5 hours away from your workout

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this really requiring explanation? You are hungry because you are not eating enough.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Is this really requiring explanation? You are hungry because you are not eating enough.
^^^^THIS

Not sure what more you want for an explanation. Eat more to get rid of the hunger. I hope you know that eating nothing more than lunch then 5 hours later a protein bar is not going to do much for your workout, on top of that it sounds like you simply are not eating enough. Eat more=less hungry

If by chance I am WAY off from what I just stated and you want supplements to take, well if you train in the morning, take Dexaprine XR. Will take care of the appetite throughout the day. If you train at night, the only thing I used was Lights Out to help me sleep through the night without waking up because of hunger. So cant really say it will take away hunger, but if you wake up from hunger this helped me.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I say just stop working out altogether. Then you won't be hungry. Duh.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Dexaprine XR + Ephedrine will crush your appetite.