All the Whey Protein Blend Review
- 01-14-2005, 03:52 PM
All the Whey Protein Blend Review
I bought a Sample Pack of All the Whey's Protein blend last week and thought I'd let everyone know how it went.
The pack is comprised of Orange, Banana, Strawberry, Vanilla, Chocolate and Unflavored. Anyways, here it goes:
1. Orange- Has a light creamy orange flavor. Not too overpowering at all. Slight artificial aftertaste. The taste would grow old sooner than later though. Overall not too bad if you're looking to change it up. 3 out of 5.
2. Banana- Besides the difference in flavor, pretty similar in consistancy to the Orange flavor. Same review as Orange. 3 out of 5.
3. Strawberry- I was never too fond of Strawberry and after this I'm still not. 2 out of 5.
4. Vanilla- Best tasting Vanilla I've ever had. Although I usually don't like Vanilla this one is not that bad. Still wouldn't get it due to the fact I would tire of the flavor very quickly. 3 out of 5.
5. Chocolate- Best flavor of the bunch. I usually get Chocolate flavored protein powders anyways. The only negative is the aftertaste which is even more pronounced than the other flavors. 4 out of 5.
6. Unflavored- 1/2 a bag mixed with 1/2 scoop of ON's 100% Whey Chocolate Mint: Couldn't taste the Unflavored but some of it didn't dissolve completely and stuck to my teeth when I drank it. Still undecided on this.
6. Unflavored- 1/2 a bag mixed with a fruit cocktail I drink on a daily basis (apple, orange, carrot): Thickened my juice and kind of ruined it. Wouldn't mix this with anything that has a water like consistancy. Overall, 4 out of 5 due to it's versitility.
Pros: Mixes instantly and great prices.
Cons: Gave me gas and bloat. All flavors had distinct artificial sweetner aftertastes which kind of ruined most of the flavors.
Summary: I love the fact that this stuff is so cheap, but I'll pay the extra 5 bucks to get the better tasting ON 100% . I just can't get around the aftertaste. If you can, than you might want to try it. The only one I'd might buy is the unflavored due to it's versitility like I stated above. Note: All flavors were mixed with 2% milk.
- 01-14-2005, 04:01 PM
I actually liked their chocolote better than ON's, both are very good but ATW mixed better. I've only tried vanilla and chocolate and I did ike their vanilla too, but not as much as the chocolate
01-14-2005, 04:26 PM
That's weird...the vanilla sample I had didn't have that aftertaste.
I'm goig to have to try the sample pack...
01-14-2005, 06:35 PM
I liked the vanilla. Tried mixing w/a spoon and had some clumps. Now I just mix it w/water in a
shaker. Plan on ordering more. Can't beat the price.
01-14-2005, 08:25 PM
I get a lot of gas and bloat from ATW also. I have a tub of mint coming from ON, we'll see how that goes. Somethings gotta change or my family is gonna kick me out!!..lol
01-14-2005, 08:32 PM
01-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Chocolate Mint from ON is the best tasting protein powder I've ever had. Love it. Gonna tryhere soon though.
01-14-2005, 09:47 PM
I have a 50 lb bag of all the way no flavor in the kitchen.
Every couple few hours I scoop out a serving, mix it with a cup of water an down it. No problem don't even taste it and with 800 servings a bag WOW it is NICE
01-15-2005, 01:18 AM
01-15-2005, 12:45 PM
If I were to buy from ATW I would probably get the Unflavored. Have you tried cooking with it yet or mixing it in with solid foods (ie oatmeal, cottage cheese, etc.)?Originally Posted by CROWLER
01-15-2005, 03:10 PM
You think ON Whey is the best tasting? Wow. Sure, I aquired a taste for ON, and don't mind it, ATW tastes SO MUCH BETTER!
Taste is personal, though
01-15-2005, 04:28 PM
ATW has an awful aftertaste. It would take me no more than a week before I grew tired of it. ON doesn't have an aftertaste. And ON doesn't give me gas or bloat either.Originally Posted by doggzj
01-21-2005, 03:41 AM
If you mix the unflavored in milk, does it still taste just like milk?
There are a lot of times when I don't want something vanilla or chocolate, but I always like milk.
01-21-2005, 07:54 AM
One of the best values IMO out there; I only get gas if I try to down 2 servings at once.
The chocolate flavor is just as good as ON's IMO.
01-21-2005, 10:01 AM
The Muscle Milk Chocolate Mint was my favorite hands down! Great taste! It was like drinking desert..Originally Posted by natedogg
01-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Yeah? I'm really looking forward to trying it myself. I was thinking cookies and creme, rocky road, or mocha joe. Any other suggestions? I figure If I'm going to drink it everyday, it better taste pretty damn good.Originally Posted by Yjyankee
01-21-2005, 12:37 PM
I've been on other boards, & Muscle Milk doesn't get much love, but for the price, & definitely the taste, you can't go wrong! I can get it for less than $20.00, agazillion flavors, decent amount of protein, mixes easily.... What else could one want!?!?
01-22-2005, 01:49 AM
01-24-2005, 10:06 PM
I love atw, I have recently bought a 5lb. container of blend, and a sample pack of the isolate, and a sample pack of the meal replacement smoothies, The chocalte blend taste awsome w/ no after taste to me. The vanilla, orange, bananna, and choc. isolate are great! Although as far as the mrs's i still rather have myoplex's in there easy carry pouches. Also ATW customer service is the Best you will find!!!!!!!! but to each is his own
01-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Once ATW made a small mistake with my order and totally hooked me up. They are a great company and offer great products.Originally Posted by merllin_2000
Similar Forum Threads
- By Steveoph in forum NutraplanetReplies: 68Last Post: 04-17-2009, 10:21 PM
- By joebo in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-20-2008, 01:41 PM
- By Steveoph in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 4Last Post: 02-15-2008, 02:59 PM
- By Gtarzan81 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 17Last Post: 02-11-2008, 07:58 PM