Leucine vs HICA

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
As the title suggests, what amount of Leucine would be equivalent to 1g HICA or lets say for instance, the amount in 1 scoop alphamine.

We know that HICA has been a very good ingredient in terms of body comp in Alphamine and for those on an AlphaBreak still want to preserve muscle, but in turn, not produce too much glucose so that we are tapping into stores and still have enough protection against breakdown that occurs.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Interested myself

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
bump

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I don't think we can try equivalents since HICA and Leucine may not act via exactly the same mechanism, but 45-65 mg/kg LBM leucine is a good dose

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think we can try equivalents since HICA and Leucine may not act via exactly the same mechanism, but 45-65 mg/kg LBM leucine is a good dose
I use them together in between meals every 3 hours. I've only ever used it like this and recover is amazing along with muscle maintenance

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I've only recently started using HICA. I really like it, I've been using Leucine off and on for a couple of years, but the addition of HICA has been great.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking this as well. Good post

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
I've only recently started using HICA. I really like it, I've been using Leucine off and on for a couple of years, but the addition of HICA has been great.
What brand and dose do you use?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Its an interesting comparison