Protein digestion

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Another thing regarding the whey vs whole foods, it would just be easier on the stomach, like less protein farts and GI issues compared to the whey. Whey would still be effective for hitting my protein goals correct? I would still consider it food no?

2. Whey at the end of the day is a supplement. Whole foods should be your primary focus. Make it happen. Prepare the night before or on any day off and make your meals in bulk so they are ready for when you need them. Preparation is key!

One can't overlook all the micro-nutrients in whole foods. Marco's are definitely important to hit, but micro-nutrients are just as important. Most protein powders won't provide the micro-nutrient benefits that a whole meal would.

So eat eat eat! and then where you can't hit your macro goals, supplement.... Not supplement, supplement, supplement and then eat.

just my two cents
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MonteCedillo View Post
    Whey at the end of the day is a supplement. Whole foods should be your primary focus. Make it happen. Prepare the night before or on any day off and make your meals in bulk so they are ready for when you need them. Preparation is key!

One can't overlook all the micro-nutrients in whole foods. Marco's are definitely important to hit, but micro-nutrients are just as important. Most protein powders won't provide the micro-nutrient benefits that a whole meal would.

So eat eat eat! and then where you can't hit your macro goals, supplement.... Not supplement, supplement, supplement and then eat.

just my two cents
    For sure man, the same macros are much more fufilling with real food. In my opinion whey should only be used post workout.

4. generally every fresh meat you cook is good for 5 to seven days in the fridge. When your real busy and you get a couple free hours light a grill, cook a bunch of shizzle and eat it for days. steaks and chicken all week. Use the broiler for even quicker cook time if you want.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SoupNaziNazi View Post
    Another thing regarding the whey vs whole foods, it would just be easier on the stomach, like less protein farts and GI issues compared to the whey. Whey would still be effective for hitting my protein goals correct? I would still consider it food no?
    You should count it in your daily macros and totals yeah.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com
    •   

6. You would of course count it as food in your macros, but whole food will leave you way more fufilled.
    Per caloriecount.com
    4 oz boneless skinless ckic breast
    125 cals
    28 protein

Roughly similar to a scoop of wpc, depending on what brand you use. Double that and you have a 2 scoop protein shake, but your stomach is way more full with roughly the same macros. At least for me, whey does nothing to fill my belly.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. digestive enzymes for protein powder?
    By Number 5 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 11:53 PM
  2. Help with Whey Protein Digestion
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 04:32 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 11:54 AM
  4. Back to the Basics: Part 2 Protein Digestion and Synthesis
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8