Protein digestion

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by SoupNaziNazi View Post

    I don't think I have a trader joes around my parts but ill double check and ill also check out those proteins I'm currently using fitness pro super whey, thanks for the recommendations
    Look into fat free cheeses as well I'm lactose intolerant and get my cheese from lifetime cheeses. Fat free. I eat 5-10oz a day.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Look into fat free cheeses as well I'm lactose intolerant and get my cheese from lifetime cheeses. Fat free. I eat 5-10oz a day.

    Fat free cheese, nasty!. If it's fat free you really can't call it cheese!.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

    Fat free cheese, nasty!. If it's fat free you really can't call it cheese!.
    I duno what cheese you got but the jalapeņo jack I got is bananas

  4. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    I duno what cheese you got but the jalapeņo jack I got is bananas
    I like fat. Would never purchase anything fat free. Fat=good.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

    I like fat. Would never purchase anything fat free. Fat=good.
    Not saying it's bad. I get in 75-130 grams depending on my day

    This is just to add flavor to a fatty meat like today I added 5.5oz to my 11.75oz meatloaf and had mashed sweet potato and egg noodle. Ya feel me?
    •   
       


  6. Another thing regarding the whey vs whole foods, it would just be easier on the stomach, like less protein farts and GI issues compared to the whey. Whey would still be effective for hitting my protein goals correct? I would still consider it food no?

  7. Whey at the end of the day is a supplement. Whole foods should be your primary focus. Make it happen. Prepare the night before or on any day off and make your meals in bulk so they are ready for when you need them. Preparation is key!

    One can't overlook all the micro-nutrients in whole foods. Marco's are definitely important to hit, but micro-nutrients are just as important. Most protein powders won't provide the micro-nutrient benefits that a whole meal would.

    So eat eat eat! and then where you can't hit your macro goals, supplement.... Not supplement, supplement, supplement and then eat.

    just my two cents

  8. Quote Originally Posted by MonteCedillo View Post
    Whey at the end of the day is a supplement. Whole foods should be your primary focus. Make it happen. Prepare the night before or on any day off and make your meals in bulk so they are ready for when you need them. Preparation is key!

    One can't overlook all the micro-nutrients in whole foods. Marco's are definitely important to hit, but micro-nutrients are just as important. Most protein powders won't provide the micro-nutrient benefits that a whole meal would.

    So eat eat eat! and then where you can't hit your macro goals, supplement.... Not supplement, supplement, supplement and then eat.

    just my two cents
    For sure man, the same macros are much more fufilling with real food. In my opinion whey should only be used post workout.

  9. generally every fresh meat you cook is good for 5 to seven days in the fridge. When your real busy and you get a couple free hours light a grill, cook a bunch of shizzle and eat it for days. steaks and chicken all week. Use the broiler for even quicker cook time if you want.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by SoupNaziNazi View Post
    Another thing regarding the whey vs whole foods, it would just be easier on the stomach, like less protein farts and GI issues compared to the whey. Whey would still be effective for hitting my protein goals correct? I would still consider it food no?
    You should count it in your daily macros and totals yeah.
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

  11. You would of course count it as food in your macros, but whole food will leave you way more fufilled.
    Per caloriecount.com
    4 oz boneless skinless ckic breast
    125 cals
    28 protein

    Roughly similar to a scoop of wpc, depending on what brand you use. Double that and you have a 2 scoop protein shake, but your stomach is way more full with roughly the same macros. At least for me, whey does nothing to fill my belly.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. digestive enzymes for protein powder?
    By Number 5 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 11:53 PM
  2. Help with Whey Protein Digestion
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 04:32 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 11:54 AM
  4. Back to the Basics: Part 2 Protein Digestion and Synthesis
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 03:00 PM
  5. Back to the Basics: Part 2 Protein Digestion and Synthesis
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 04:02 AM
Log in
Log in