1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

GPLC in Supplements

Just saw the posting for the breakdown of Animal's newly reformulated Stak product. Noticed GPLC included in the formula but at really low doses. I honestly don't understand why company's throw GPLC into their formulas when the studies have shown that one needs to supplement with around 4+ grams PER DAY EVERY DAY for it to have a positive effect on NOS levels, AND this takes some time to reach as well. I understand that GPLC is not a cheap raw but wow, when there's like only 1/8 or so of the studied amount in a product, what the heck is it really good for?

Less ingredients in products and have the ingredients at efficacious doses people, come on now :P

Rant over.

2. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.42%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Just saw the posting for the breakdown of Animal's newly reformulated Stak product. Noticed GPLC included in the formula but at really low doses. I honestly don't understand why company's throw GPLC into their formulas when the studies have shown that one needs to supplement with around 4+ grams PER DAY EVERY DAY for it to have a positive effect on NOS levels, AND this takes some time to reach as well. I understand that GPLC is not a cheap raw but wow, when there's like only 1/8 or so of the studied amount in a product, what the heck is it really good for?

Less ingredients in products and have the ingredients at efficacious doses people, come on now :P

Rant over.
    Because 90% of supplements are selling you an image. Adding an ingredient to a label enhances that image.

In other words, you might be pissing into the wind and being asked to pay for it.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.85%

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Because 90% of supplements are selling you an image. Adding an ingredient to a label enhances that image.

In other words, you might be pissing into the wind and being asked to pay for it.
    That's obvious, and I did kind of imply this with my post. :P However, I have found that some of these products are effective, but it's just the GPLC included in the formula which does next to nothing. So in my feeble mind, they should just keep the formulas more simple and to the point, instead of fluffing it with 1/8 of the studied dose of GPLC or something similar (I mean, 1) it's a waste of money FOR THE COMPANY to include the ingredient 2) I would think in this internet age people would have noticed the uselessness of including such ingredients at such low doses).
    •   

4. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.42%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    That's obvious, and I did kind of imply this with my post. :P However, I have found that some of these products are effective, but it's just the GPLC included in the formula which does next to nothing. So in my feeble mind, they should just keep the formulas more simple and to the point, instead of fluffing it with 1/8 of the studied dose of GPLC or something similar (I mean, 1) it's a waste of money FOR THE COMPANY to include the ingredient 2) I would think in this internet age people would have noticed the uselessness of including such ingredients at such low doses).
    Oh I know you expressed a similar opinion, and we seem to agree very much on the topic. I also am for simplication of nearly everything related to this sport.

As for your last sentence though, to a company like Animal, the internet crowd makes up such an insignificant amount of their buys. I have friends that are heavy supplement users (before I corrected them, some I still can't) that can not name a single ingredient in any of the products besides the obvious ones like caffeine or protein.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.85%

What a shame. I respect Animal as well because they have some solid products. I'm a big fan of the Pak and Flex. Universal also has some solid basic products at good values. But man, seeing that new Animal Stak formula, I was like, wow. A bunch of hype ingredients tossed together. Smh.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Food Additives in Supplements. Why?
    By Vegking in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 12:48 PM
  2. protein diversity in supplements
    By Nightwanderer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 09:59 PM
  3. Safety in supplements poll
    By ReaperX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18