Can creatine make you look fat?

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
Can creatine make u look fat? Been taking it for a week now and my stomach, hips and face have bloated out quite a bit no lies. How can I reduce this???

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MCC

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
Optimum nutrition monohydrate creatine 10 grams per day

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
I used to take a creatine/protein all in one powder, one post workout and one after workout and the creatine was 5g per shake and I good really good gains off doing that, that's why I'm repeating it again but just doing the creatine by itself

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or try 3-5g which is the effective dose? You made gains because you were taking above the dosage. It'll still work with 3-5.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Take 3-5g. It shouldn't make you look fat. ;)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some forms can cause some slight water retention but that's about it. FINAFLEX Crea-Trona does not at all and is the best creatine supplement on the market right now. It actually adjusts ph levels so the creatine stays in the creatine form for longer without breaking down add rapidly.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Taking creatine at that high a dose is the reason, causing osmotic spillover. Reduce to 5g a day max

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Some forms can cause some slight water retention but that's about it. FINAFLEX Crea-Trona does not at all and is the best creatine supplement on the market right now. It actually adjusts ph levels so the creatine stays in the creatine form for longer without breaking down add rapidly.
Stomach acid protects against cyclization of creatine to creatinine in the gastric environment (see pKa data). Meaning that increasing basicity via bicarbonate actually increases creatinine production. This has been shown with the infamous kre-alkalyn

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The recommended daily dosage of creatine shouldn't make you look fat. Fat, on the other hand, will make you look fat.

macdady

macdady

Awards
The recommended daily dosage of creatine shouldn't make you look fat. Fat, on the other hand, will make you look fat.
Uh oh someone just rode in on the truth wagon haha

braxbrah

Awards
You drinking enough water? If not you'll be dehydrated and that'll cause a bloated look. 4-5 Litres minimum a day.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Boom ;-)

I would also like to point out that the day after my carb load I don't look in the 5-6% body at range.....I do by Wednesday. Many factors play into "looking fat"
Exactly. Carb up, refill glycogen stores, become more round and full, look bulkier and less shredded. Go a few days with low carbs/low fats, whatever your diet consists of (deplete) and look shredded before your next refeed. Carbohydrate molecules are ginormous in comparison to protein and fat molecules. When people say diet is "on point", you can never be sure what that means unless you see the outlined plan. Minor tweaks can make huge differences.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Exactly. Carb up, refill glycogen stores, become more round and full, look bulkier and less shredded. Go a few days with low carbs/low fats, whatever your diet consists of (deplete) and look shredded before your next refeed. Carbohydrate molecules are ginormous in comparison to protein and fat molecules. When people say diet is "on point", you can never be sure what that means unless you see the outlined plan. Minor tweaks can make huge differences.
those damn Molecules!