Bulk Forskolin

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I've been very excited about starting to take forskolin but have had trouble finding a good bulk extract. I always use 1fast400 for my bulk powders but had to go with Beyond's ForsLean extract as it was the best of the recommendations I found at this the best BB forum I've found (seriously guys, this forum's as good as it gets). Anyway, a trip over to Avant and I hear from everybody that BAC's ForsLean is garbage because it doesn't smell like mint (because Forskohlii is a member of the mint family) and Vitamin Shoppe's is the better choice. But VS's is the same patented ForsLean as BAC's (or so it appears to me). So, BAC's 10% forskolin extract (50 grams for $18!) is the best I've found and I'm basically trust wondering what you guys would do as I trust ya'll more than anyone other forum. Keep up the awesome work Bobo and everybody else. Also, let me know what ya'll think of forskolin for all it's reputed benefits (not just body composition).

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to add that after a couple hundred pages into a Google search I found another viable alternative at www.ancientway.com which sells a 10% extract for $0.25 a gram. Damn fine deal that is. I'm awaiting a response from the guy about who supplies him the extract. Anybody know anything about the site? Anybody care out there?

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I can't ever seem to get a response to anything. I know somebody knows something. Aren't you guys more interested in forskolin?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I can't ever seem to get a response to anything. I know somebody knows something. Aren't you guys more interested in forskolin?
...umm, no not really, sorry :rasp: :)

I have tried several products with forskolin in them and have not been overly impressed, but I am more curious as to what dosage you are thinking of, as this may be a better indicator of performance. Do you feel that higher doses are need of forskolin than are usually included (which may not surprise me)?

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
In the studies I've read, a daily dose of at least 50mg of actual forskolin is necessary for long-term noticeable results. I feel that forskolin should be approached with the thought that it can serve as a useful adjunct to proper training and timing as it's only real effect on body-composition will probably be the freeing of fatty acids for use as energy or as an energy substrate. I figure it could help out after good intensity sprinting exercise coupled with a healthy dose of low intensity exercise. There's a great article posted here under the title "cAMPHIBOLIC ARTICLE SERIES" by kojie that details the many uses of forskolin.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I would agree that if the main purpose served is to release fatty acids, then low intensity, long duration cardio should be used to burn these, otherwise it will be pointless IMO.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
For anyone who cares, I've received both the Ancientway.com and BAC forskolin and have the following to say: BAC's has a powerful smell, but not anything resembling mint. It is a light brown color, and if you have any concern for your sense of taste you had better cap it because it tastes astoundingly bad, like freezerburned asshole. Ancientway.com's (who have great service and thousands of chinese herbs btw) is much darker and has a more subdued smell, which is entirely unlike BAC's and almost resembles mint, and the price is better. So there you go. If and when I begin to notice the effects of the two brands I'll report them here for those who care.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info!

I have used For. at high doses, and felt my body temperature rise. I like the stuff. Even in caps I bought, it has a strong odor, but not like mint. Very aromatic. The color of the powder was tan.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes, indeed, re: T3 PCT. Forskolin + 7-Keto (Ab-Solved or FL-7) + Iodine + maybe Guggul.

BUT REGARDLESS-->you should always ramp down T3.

...umm, no not really, sorry :rasp: :)

I have tried several products with forskolin in them and have not been overly impressed, but I am more curious as to what dosage you are thinking of, as this may be a better indicator of performance. Do you feel that higher doses are need of forskolin than are usually included (which may not surprise me)?
I have a little insight on a forskolin study done by a grad student waiting to be published. 60mg a day of extract was trully impressive!

The problem with cAMP stimulating hormones is companies are not using enouph. Forskolin main function is stimulating cAMP. cAMP is responsible for many process in the body that bodybuilder want. The arguement with stimulating cAMP was that forskolin or any other cAMP stimulating drug would not elevate levels a significantly to cause noticeable effects.

My clients have seen tremendous results just with forskolin and great results with the added green tea.

I suggest you read the cAMPHIBOLIC series at SynergyMuscle.com. You will see forskolin effects are far beyond liberating fat(actually liberates fat and raises metabolism). If you liberate fat and sit on the couch, you will not lose weight. IF you liberate fat and raise metabolism, you will lose significant amounts of weight with excersise. With forskolin, you could sit on the coach and lose weight but not reccomended:}

take care

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Does that mean your clients are doing 60mg per day? And how much GT?

Does that mean your clients are doing 60mg per day? And how much GT?
cAMPHIBOLIC which is our product has over 60mg if your using 6 caps a day(a bottle contains over 180 caps but label list 140..was not a mistake just an additional perk and what other supplement company fills the product to the top). The rule of thumb with green tea is to get 300mg of polyphenols.

ceos,

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
hey Crowned one, I'd very interested to hear your expeirnece with forskolin by itself

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
oh excuse my ignorance but is 60mg, 60 milligrams as in 1,000 milligrams=1 gram???

Also, the study says 60mg per day but it doesn't mention 10 or 20% extract.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Yes Salv you’re right about the 60mg is as in 1000mg = 1 gram. When the studies say forskolin they mean the actual forskolin extracted from coleus forskohlii, so they’re sorta two different things. I can’t honestly say what effect the forskolin is having on my fat loss as I starting it when I starting eating right. Since I started taking it I’ve been eating strictly perfect: whole grains (like lots of Uncle Sam cereal, wheat germ, steel cut oats, but NO flour of any kind), salmon salmon and more salmon, whole eggs (you gotta eat the whole egg to get the whole protein), lots of milk, and vegetables. I suppose I’ll get a much better idea of its effect when I run out. It’s pretty funny actually because I’ve done cycles of T3, Clen, Tri-Max, and even DNP and have never had better success than when I started eating right and sprinting (but always weight training of course). As it stands, I see no reason NOT to take forskolin simply because of its other healthful effects outside of stimulating fat loss. But props to Loki on his mindandmuscle mag articles on sprinting!

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
thanks for that. yeah sprinting is the way to go together with weight training.

Truck

Banned
Awards
Yes Salv you’re right about the 60mg is as in 1000mg = 1 gram. When the studies say forskolin they mean the actual forskolin extracted from coleus forskohlii, so they’re sorta two different things. I can’t honestly say what effect the forskolin is having on my fat loss as I starting it when I starting eating right. Since I started taking it I’ve been eating strictly perfect: whole grains (like lots of Uncle Sam cereal, wheat germ, steel cut oats, but NO flour of any kind), salmon salmon and more salmon, whole eggs (you gotta eat the whole egg to get the whole protein), lots of milk, and vegetables. I suppose I’ll get a much better idea of its effect when I run out. It’s pretty funny actually because I’ve done cycles of T3, Clen, Tri-Max, and even DNP and have never had better success than when I started eating right and sprinting (but always weight training of course). As it stands, I see no reason NOT to take forskolin simply because of its other healthful effects outside of stimulating fat loss. But props to Loki on his mindandmuscle mag articles on sprinting!
crownedone - which supplier are you using? any updates on forskolin effects? i am planning to run it @ 100mg+

anyone know why it would be better for coming off T3 instead of while on it?

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Truck
I've still got my supplies from Beyond a Century and AncientWay.com. I quit taking it a few weeks ago because I wanted to see the effects without it. I was only taking BAC's when I was taking some so maybe theirs isn't any good, but I can't say much for its benefits on fat loss. I'll try again before long and remember that every body is different and will respond differently so it's worth a shot.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
TCO - what is it called on Ancient Way? I searched for forskolin and got nothing.

Thanks.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
So are the concerns about cAMP inducing prostate hyperplasia not a real concern. I remember that canines were given forskolin and it caused an increase in AE, the PSA specific to canines.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Just started taking it again, mostly right before I go to bed. I am hopeful. From what I can tell, BAC's isn't worth much. I'd go with Ancientway.com's.

Truck

Banned
Awards
i'm not getting a helluva lot from BAC's forslean. even used in conjunction with a bunch of other things, the libido isnt off the charts and the fat isnt flying off yet. might be that forskolin isnt all that, might be just BAC's stuff.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
As it stands, I see no reason NOT to take forskolin simply because of its other healthful effects outside of stimulating fat loss
What effects are those?

Glad to hear you can take this at bedtime by the way...

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
For anyone who cares, I've received both the Ancientway.com and BAC forskolin and have the following to say: BAC's has a powerful smell, but not anything resembling mint. It is a light brown color, and if you have any concern for your sense of taste you had better cap it because it tastes astoundingly bad, like freezerburned *******. Ancientway.com's (who have great service and thousands of chinese herbs btw) is much darker and has a more subdued smell, which is entirely unlike BAC's and almost resembles mint, and the price is better. So there you go. If and when I begin to notice the effects of the two brands I'll report them here for those who care.
Going back half a decade on this excavation discovery!

I was just curious about any ongoing feedback from the OP or anyone else?

I was thinking of supplementing Need 2 Slin with an additional dose of Forslean 20%, which can be found on the site from PrimaForce - but I'm not sure if this would be of benefit or if cAMP can always be modulated for higher results?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe relevant, maybe not but when I take LeanXtreme (which contains forselean), my libido goes up, I notice a mild coloring/bronzing of the skin (purported side effects of foreselean) not to mention fat loss like none other. Not sure if the Forselean is the agent responsible for the tanning or the libido but I thought I'd add this anecdote.

""Forskohlii (40% Forskolin)"" is what is used.

It also contains green tea and perhaps an aded cynergistic effect is imparted as alluded to by USPLabs in a ferw posts above.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Maybe relevant, maybe not but when I take LeanXtreme (which contains forselean), my libido goes up, I notice a mild coloring/bronzing of the skin (purported side effects of foreselean) not to mention fat loss like none other. Not sure if the Forselean is the agent responsible for the tanning or the libido but I thought I'd add this anecdote.

""Forskohlii (40% Forskolin)"" is what is used.

It also contains green tea and perhaps an aded cynergistic effect is imparted as alluded to by USPLabs in a ferw posts above.
40%!? I didn't even know that yield existed... I LOVE the fact this sport and the science involved allows me endless opportunities to learn new things on a daily basis even after obsessing over research and applied sciences for a decade now. Thank you.

Also, I am starting to inch Forslean/Forskohlii upward in my favored supplement list... it isn't in the league of Ecdy, BRIDGE, Need 2 Slin, or HCGenerate yet, but very solid.

In stark contract to many AAS users advocated philosophies, I believe OTC supplements, when conceived and brought to market with exhaustive research, can be and should be used in conjunction with hormonal injection preparations.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have 2 bottles of better body sports forskolin and its higher than 50% which in conjunction with need 2 slin is awesome. have not used the bbs product yet but have been using need 2 slin for few month now.

more knowledge

Awards
  • Established
40%!? I didn't even know that yield existed... I LOVE the fact this sport and the science involved allows me endless opportunities to learn new things on a daily basis even after obsessing over research and applied sciences for a decade now. Thank you.

Also, I am starting to inch Forslean/Forskohlii upward in my favored supplement list... it isn't in the league of Ecdy, BRIDGE, Need 2 Slin, or HCGenerate yet, but very solid.

In stark contract to many AAS users advocated philosophies, I believe OTC supplements, when conceived and brought to market with exhaustive research, can be and should be used in conjunction with hormonal injection preparations.
I agree with you bro.I would question a 40% extract.Especially right now just coming off a crop shortage where sabinsa corp didnt even have it for awhile.Shoot for a good quality 20%.I think forskolin is one of the best most versitile supps out there

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I have 2 bottles of better body sports forskolin and its higher than 50% which in conjunction with need 2 slin is awesome. have not used the bbs product yet but have been using need 2 slin for few month now.
Ironically, this is exactly the reason why I have been researching and trying to source an inexpensive raw Forslean - to stack WITH Need 2 Slin to amplify the cAMP activation. But Scivation's offering is too expensive at the moment comparatively, so I am at a stalemate.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
look on line BBS 35 bucks or so
60 Capsules
Supplement Facts
Serving Size:1Capsule
Servings Per Container:60

Amount Per Serving % DV
Coleus Forskohlii (95% Pure Forskolin)

more knowledge

Awards
  • Established
60 Capsules
Supplement Facts

Amount Per Serving % DV
Yeah just made a call and sabinsa corp does in fact make a 40% and a 95%.I would think that would turn your stomach inside out as many have issues with a good quality 20% when the mgs get higher.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would just low dose it but the studies they did was with 11% so any thing higher would just require less.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a huge fan of Forskolin and have experimented with higher dosing as well as length in using. So far I have been on Forslean for about 16 weeks now with incredible recomp effects, raised libido, and well-being effects.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
at 95% and 25mg how much should I take in a day. I wa thinkig 3 times a day?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
60 Capsules
Supplement Facts

Amount Per Serving % DV
Yeah just made a call and sabinsa corp does in fact make a 40% and a 95%.I would think that would turn your stomach inside out as many have issues with a good quality 20% when the mgs get higher.
Thanks to both of you... I was unaware, going to dig in and research today! :)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I'm a huge fan of Forskolin and have experimented with higher dosing as well as length in using. So far I have been on Forslean for about 16 weeks now with incredible recomp effects, raised libido, and well-being effects.
What, if anything, have you taken it with to realize optimal results? Also, what % extract have you been taking and what daily dosage did you like the best?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Green Tea is a great addition, I had pronounced leaning out effects with this combo. I used the 40% I believe that is what Forslean is, I haven't tried the 95% yet but can imagine it will be great if you can handle the gi distress.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Green Tea is a great addition, I had pronounced leaning out effects with this combo. I used the 40% I believe that is what Forslean is, I haven't tried the 95% yet but can imagine it will be great if you can handle the gi distress.
Great news, I take Green Tea in an ongoing fashion and don't see any reasons to ever cease taking it - I would be interested in both the 40% and 95% extracts to give it a try and see if I can stomach it. Thanks :)

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would start with the 40 just to make sure you don't have any issues

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
schizm Supplements 1
Matthew1237 Supplements 45
Supplements 20
gkusa001 Supplements 40
MrBrightside Supplements 5