Generic vs SNAC ZMA

stratvox

stratvox

Awards
I usually find the originator brands of certain items better than the generic store bought kinds. Is all zma the same? I know it must be licensed to use the name ZMA but is balcos better? thanks

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I usually find the originator brands of certain items better than the generic store bought kinds. Is all zma the same? I know it must be licensed to use the name ZMA but is balcos better? thanks
I doubt it if only SNAC ZMA is useful, however, there are so many knock-offs, surely some of them are crap. Some seem to fail to understand that the mechanisms are based on these certain elements in this combination. Not just any form of magnesium and zinc, etc.

I know some companies, like ISS Research, claim to get their stuff from SNAC. They also do this with their creatine, getting it from Creapure (Degaussa) (sp?). I like that most of the time although I don't believe Creapure is necessarily better than other brands/forms of creatine mono.

The papers drawn up and testing done on ZMA are using the SNAC formula. While I might use another brand name besides SNAC (like ISS potentially), I wouldn't think just any would do. (i.e. - Cytodyne ZMass PM).