Is ZMA right for me??

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.5%

Question Is ZMA right for me??

Im 17 years old, i have been lifting all throughout highschool religiously for sports, etc and i have been taking a whey protien powder and mixing in a few grams of creatine as a postworout shake and maybe just the protien powder at night. I was using animal nitro amino acid complex for a while, but that got kindof expensive. thats the extent of my supplement usage. I was wondering if i could add ZMA to the mix before bed and if that would be safe for someone my age. Im also thinking about dropping the creatine and starting up the animal nitro again instead of the creatine. any comments are greatly appreciated.

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.24%

Creatine is the best supplement you could use at your age. Should be a staple of anything you use.
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

check out some CEE. I dont see why zma would hurt you maybe some experts will chime in?
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.22%

I agree, creatine is the best sup for you. I don't think ZMA should cause any problems, its just zinc, magnesium, and b6. I would keep the creatine over the animal nitro complex.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.5%

all good advice so far... but ive heard that creatine can give problems down the line and i dont think any longterm research has ever been done on it. also, whats CEE, if thats some kinda creatine ester crap or something im not buyin that ****. i stick to pure creatine monohydrate, no bull****.
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.62%

I dont like zma very much. never did a thing for me.
    Sage
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.95%

It helps me sleep better. Don't know about any test increases. I would rather just get some cheap Zinc and Mg, than pay ~20bucks for a month of ZMA
  8. king of useless information!!!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.53%

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyJacked
    all good advice so far... but ive heard that creatine can give problems down the line and i dont think any longterm research has ever been done on it. also, whats CEE, if thats some kinda creatine ester crap or something im not buyin that ****. i stick to pure creatine monohydrate, no bull****.

1. what studies have you read that stated that creative gave problems "down the line"
    2. why do you think cee is some gimmick? because you don't have to wait 2 weeks for it to load into your system or beacuse it works for creatine responders and non responders? please divulge on what bull**** you speak of
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.5%

ok ok, im still in highschool and although i do some research the rumors still get to me and on teh CEE i just dont want to spend the extra cash on a bottle of that stuff where i could spend 20 bucks for 180 servings of regular old creatine.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.5%

ofcourse, it is possible that my body isnt responding to the creatine (not noticing any real changes at all) so maybe ill look up the CEE, but im thinking i might just go back to animal nitro and maybe add some octacosanol and carnosine to the arginine already in the nitro. i read and article in m and f, the stack of the month Strong Concoction, and it stated that Octacosanol, Arginine, and Carnosine can all significantly increase strength. any thoughts?
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

you do that!
  12. king of useless information!!!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.53%

yeh go ahead and keep reading m&f I'm sure their cookie cutter information will pay bihg dividends

buy cee in bulk from custom and scoop up 500 grams for 35 bucks. That will give you ~165 servings (3 grams a piece) and get faster, better results.

What rumors are you referring to about cee? Was it something you heard on these boards
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.5%

nah like i said, im in highschool and some kids are paranoid about this stuff. its funny, some kids are so scared that creatine will give them kidney stones, while others are downing bottles of M1T with no PCT afterward. so the stuff in m and f isnt good? Im sorry if i sounded dumb by referring to it, but that and these boards are my only reference points really. So CEE is good stuff? whats the best brand? cause i dont buy stuff online so...
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.5%

also, about the ZMA, does it produce good results and would it be completely safe for me to use?
  15. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.57%

also, about the ZMA, does it produce good results and would it be completely safe for me to use?
    I can't see any problems that you would have from it considering it is just a mineral complex....However, I don't see any benefits you would get from it either.

O14
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.7%

ZMA is just zinc and Mg in certain forms that are supposed to be more bioavailable. Take 3 caps before bed at night...go to bulknutrition.com and check there brand or NOW Foods has it really cheap too, about 8-10 dollars for a month supply.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.25%

Quote Originally Posted by djs2000
    It helps me sleep better. Don't know about any test increases. I would rather just get some cheap Zinc and Mg, than pay ~20bucks for a month of ZMA
    That's what I do. I like it as well. Can's speak of any test increase either. I do usually develop some acne and it definitely helps me fall asleep. I just buy Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Oxide, and B6. Works just as well as the expensive ZMA "formula" in my opinion. Not to mention you can get a 200 day supply for under $20!!
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.5%

so there have been no increases in size, strength, etc on ZMA??? just better sleep?
  19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i know of no man that has told me, or from my own accounts, that ZMA has put size or produced greater strength... and as was said a few times.. it is a good supp. in the aspect that it should help you sleep more deeply which inturn can help with your body's ability to recover. It also puts me in a pretty good mood.. I take it only for the sleep aspect and i do notice a small change in my over all TUDE on life when I do not take it
  20. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.21%

Here are a few things to read re: ZMA

Research & Articles
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.5%

hmmm. thanks for the articles shootmeagain, very informative. i dont think ill be goin for the ZMA, but this CEE talk has me very interested because i have been taking creatine mono for a few weeks now, almost a month and i havent really noticed anything. i guess my body doesnt respond to it.
  22. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.13%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I take VPX CMZ, that is good **** for sure, and only 19 bucks for a months supply, I sleep alot better on it, plus they are about the best minerals you can buy. I just picked up some Nitro at GNC with a return/exchange so Im gonna try it out. CEE is good, haha once again I use CEX by VPX, but Im sure other brands work too.
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.5%

animal nitro aint bad stuff. im only off it cause i was low on cash and too lazy to go to gnc.
  24. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.13%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yea its expensive stuff, Im looking for an edge anywhere I can get it now that I am not using PH's/ PS's
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.25%

so there have been no increases in size, strength, etc on ZMA??? just better sleep?
    I definitely recover from my workouts faster and I feel like a million bucks in the morning after I wake up instead of being tired. More importantly, I sleep all the way through the night instead of getting up 2 or 3 times during the night. This has had a big impact on my mood and especially my motivation level for working out. Never underestimate a good nights sleep!!
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

CEE is good stuff, alot better than the cell-tech **** and if you do the math you will get alot more servings of CEE as opposed to creatine monohydrate. MONOHYDRATE SUCKS!!!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.92%

Quote Originally Posted by shootmeagain
    Here are a few things to read re: ZMA

Research & Articles
    interesting, victor conte's site

Anyway, I think ZMA is "ok" as far as ensuring you are not deficient in either mineral and possibly ensuring optimum natural test levels (maybe even PCT for hormone users), but I doubt anyone at your age will see any significant benefit if your diet is in check and you take a multivitamin.
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.68%

TotalyJacked, let me try to put all of this in as simple a form as I can. Im no expert, ok? But I have some experience with both ZMA and Creatine and I do a lot of reading from people who know more than I do. This is in PLAIN terms. One on one.

1) monohydrate is so old school that......Im not even going to get into it. That type of creatine has more negatives than positives. CEE is the latest and best form of creatine. It has all of the positives of good creatines like SwoleV2 and V12 with virtually NONE of the negatives of monohydrate. And that inclused the water retention. If you're worried about things "down the line" then I suggest you also stop eating a lot of the foods you eat because chances are that some of them are going to be bad for you "down the line" as well. That just seems to be the nature of things lately. Someone is always coming out with a study that says "this is bad". Hell, Im waiting for someone to come out with a study that says water will cause cancer down the road. Nothing is perfect, everything has its downside. Live with it. Chances are you're probably doing more harm to yourself with monohydrate due to all that crap that comes with it: cramps, bloating, headaches, etc. I said CHANCES ARE, I did not say "definite". I just know that its an old school supplement and better things have come along since.

2) ZMA is NOT going to put any mass on you or anything of the sort. Not by itself its not. As a mater of fact, NO supplement is going to do that. What supplements do is help take your diet and or workouts to the next level and therefore help your body make more muscle. They dont do anything in and of themselves to make muscle. Not even steroids. As Ronnie Coleman once told some wiseass reporter "Do you think you can just take drugs and look like me?" What ZMA WILL do is help you sleep deeper and better and THAT spells better workout recoveries because REM sleep is where we rest the best. Better recoveries means better results. There is NO rest like sleep. So ZMA has indirect positive benefits, just not direct benefits.

Out of both of these supps that you ask about, ZMA is probably the least "dangerous" and also probably the most helpful. I dont see any reason why anyone would not take it.
  29. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.42%

good post.
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.68%

Thanks, wasted. Its always hard coming onto a new board and giving advise of that type because every board is settled into a groove as to how things are done. Nothing wrong with that at all, just makes it kinda nervous. Hope I can continue to contribute.
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.37%

I always have serious freaky dreams while taking zma, it's awsome!
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.68%

I have yet to ever experience any freaky dreams with ZMA........dangit!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is TRT right for me? Varicocele related *Labs Listed*
    By southpaw41 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 08:53 PM
  2. IGF Long R3 Is it right for me?
    By chobbs4 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 02:02 AM
  3. Is Dermacrine right for me? Please help a brotha out!
    By BurghHardcore in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 07:53 PM
  4. Is Cardio Right For Me?
    By SpikeDC in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 08:21 PM
  5. To much choice...which one is right for me...
    By Jjans in forum Pheromones
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 04:30 PM