1st Nootropic stack for studying/motivation

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Yes, there are several types, but they pale in comparison. It is well worth the money, IMO.

  2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    Mainly the "laser-focus" people always claim to get with these types of supps..
    My best advice to that would be to let it come to you instead of trying to feel what others describe. Your mind is a powerful tool and if you over think it you can literally trick yourself into not getting the effects.
    Founder & Owner
    Aspire. Train. Perform. Nutrition
    "More than a supplement company."
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    My best advice to that would be to let it come to you instead of trying to feel what others describe. Your mind is a powerful tool and if you over think it you can literally trick yourself into not getting the effects.
    Sippin down the rest of what i put in my shaker now... Still made me wanna take a nap earlier.. I guess I'll keep the light dose and try to work up the tolerance.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    Sippin down the rest of what i put in my shaker now... Still made me wanna take a nap earlier.. I guess I'll keep the light dose and try to work up the tolerance.
    Might have been asked before, but does caffeine make you tired? Or just choline?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    Might have been asked before, but does caffeine make you tired? Or just choline?
    the choline.. I'm using caff free Focus
  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    the choline.. I'm using caff free Focus
    Have you tried adding caffeine?

    Good Q Nom
    Founder & Owner
    Aspire. Train. Perform. Nutrition
    "More than a supplement company."

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    the choline.. I'm using caff free Focus
    Choline can have that affect, any reason to avoid caffeine?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    Choline can have that affect, any reason to avoid caffeine?
    probable adrenal issues. I actually just ordered an adrenal stress index kit to get cort, dhea, and progesterone levels checked..If all is good then I'll probbaly up my caff intake beyond just pwo

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    probable adrenal issues. I actually just ordered an adrenal stress index kit to get cort, dhea, and progesterone levels checked..If all is good then I'll probbaly up my caff intake beyond just pwo
    Caffeine won't affect the adrenals (adrenal fatigue is not a clinical diagnosis), so you'll be ok.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Caffeine won't affect the adrenals (adrenal fatigue is not a clinical diagnosis), so you'll be ok.
    It's not a clinical diagnosis in traditional traditional practice. Adrenal insufficiency however is real.

    http://www.icd9data.com/2013/Volume1...55/default.htm
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    It's not a clinical diagnosis in traditional traditional practice. Adrenal insufficiency however is real.

    http://www.icd9data.com/2013/Volume1...55/default.htm
    Absolutely, but caffeine won't induce it. Adrenal insufficiency is typically caused by Addisons disease (an autoimmune disease). Caffeine gets a bad rap for somehow damaging the adrenals when it shouldn't.

    I'll quote Powercage here:

    "When you supplement with caffeine, the body upregulates hepatic CYP enzymes which are oriented at deactivating caffeine. Naturally, in order to produce an equivalent effect, you have to supplement with more and more caffeine. Similarly, the body upregulates central adenosine receptors and so caffeine literally decreases in potency. If you decrease your dose of caffeine, or cease administration, you will have a withdrawl period (headaches, fatigue) which is simply due to the latter mechanism. Eventually, the adenosine receptors downregulate and you return to baseline.

    Fitness "experts" don't understand biology/pharmacology, and blame "adrenal fatigue." Others are trying to make money off of peoples ignorance (i.e. adrenal fatigue supplements).

    Animal studies have clearly shown that the only way to produce adrenal medulla insufficiency is to physically denervate the organ. You can produce temporary adrenal medulla atrophy with longstanding absence of leptin, cortisol, or corticotropin. The latter two can be induced with exogenous supplementation of glucocorticoids (i.e. prednisone), although the main effect will be directed towards the adrenal cortex (i.e. actual adrenal insufficiency).

    http://www.endo-society.org/media/pr...al-Fatigue.cfm
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/adr...atigue/AN01583"
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Absolutely, but caffeine won't induce it. Adrenal insufficiency is typically caused by Addisons disease (an autoimmune disease). Caffeine gets a bad rap for somehow damaging the adrenals when it shouldn't.

    I'll quote Powercage here:

    "When you supplement with caffeine, the body upregulates hepatic CYP enzymes which are oriented at deactivating caffeine. Naturally, in order to produce an equivalent effect, you have to supplement with more and more caffeine. Similarly, the body upregulates central adenosine receptors and so caffeine literally decreases in potency. If you decrease your dose of caffeine, or cease administration, you will have a withdrawl period (headaches, fatigue) which is simply due to the latter mechanism. Eventually, the adenosine receptors downregulate and you return to baseline.

    Fitness "experts" don't understand biology/pharmacology, and blame "adrenal fatigue." Others are trying to make money off of peoples ignorance (i.e. adrenal fatigue supplements).

    Animal studies have clearly shown that the only way to produce adrenal medulla insufficiency is to physically denervate the organ. You can produce temporary adrenal medulla atrophy with longstanding absence of leptin, cortisol, or corticotropin. The latter two can be induced with exogenous supplementation of glucocorticoids (i.e. prednisone), although the main effect will be directed towards the adrenal cortex (i.e. actual adrenal insufficiency).

    http://www.endo-society.org/media/pr...al-Fatigue.cfm
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/adr...atigue/AN01583"
    I think the misconception is that caffeine causes release of noradrenaline and cortisol because the body views it as a chemical stressor on the body, and therefore overtime the adrenals become "fatigued" from over stimulation for so long..We'll see what happens with this test kit that I bought..Cost a pretty penny but atleast I can rule out any cortisol/dhea deficiency issues


    edit: I should add that the former would be as a result of secondary AI

  13. Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    I think the misconception is that caffeine causes release of noradrenaline and cortisol because the body views it as a chemical stressor on the body, and therefore overtime the adrenals become "fatigued" from over stimulation for so long..We'll see what happens with this test kit that I bought..Cost a pretty penny but atleast I can rule out any cortisol/dhea deficiency issues


    edit: I should add that the former would be as a result of secondary AI
    How much do you consume on a daily basis? If your pre contains ~200mg or more, then I would just stick with caffeine free Focus XT and then get some caffeine tabs to dose concurrently on days you need an extra boost. That way you can dose Focus XT and caffeine to your liking.

    Or, just purchase ALCAR seperatly if Choline continues to make you drowsy. Cooper made a good thread on ALCAR (titled: Me, My Brain and Alcar) which has interesting insight on dosing.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    How much do you consume on a daily basis? If your pre contains ~200mg or more, then I would just stick with caffeine free Focus XT and then get some caffeine tabs to dose concurrently on days you need an extra boost. That way you can dose Focus XT and caffeine to your liking.

    Or, just purchase ALCAR seperatly if Choline continues to make you drowsy. Cooper made a good thread on ALCAR (titled: Me, My Brain and Alcar) which has interesting insight on dosing.
    I have caffeine tablets that I use when I make my pwo blend.. I use between 200-300 mg. Usually 300 on a leg day...I also have 50g ALCAR.. I usually dose 1/2 scoop of Caff Free Focus-XT + an additional gram of ALCAR.. I start feeling a little something if I add 1.5 g ALCAR.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    I have caffeine tablets that I use when I make my pwo blend.. I use between 200-300 mg. Usually 300 on a leg day...I also have 50g ALCAR.. I usually dose 1/2 scoop of Caff Free Focus-XT + an additional gram of ALCAR.. I start feeling a little something if I add 1.5 g ALCAR.
    That's typically my caffeine range as well, except I dose 100mg preWO and 200mg pre study. Have you tried dosing ALCAR at 2g without Focus XT?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    That's typically my caffeine range as well, except I dose 100mg preWO and 200mg pre study. Have you tried dosing ALCAR at 2g without Focus XT?
    no i havent

  17. Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    no i havent
    Give it a try and see how that treats you if you find FXT continues to make you drowsy.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Give it a try and see how that treats you if you find FXT continues to make you drowsy.
    Okay. But what should I do w/ the F-Xt then?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post

    Okay. But what should I do w/ the F-Xt then?
    I love Focus XT! If you don't like it I'll trade you something.
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Ninjo View Post
    Weird, I tried 2 caps of Demiurge with Craze and noticed no significant difference. Keep in mind though that I respond really well to Craze. Just thought I would notice something in terms of enhanced focus. Oh well....everyone is different.
    So while 2 caps of Demiurge did nothing to enhance the effect of Craze on my workouts, I've been taking two caps in the afternoon for the last two days (without any caffeine) and the degree to which I've been able to focus at work is very noticeable. I've gotten more work done the last two days than I typically do in a week! Hmmmm....
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 12:21 AM
  2. Anarchy Stack for Women
    By meg1793 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 12:35 AM
  3. Nootropics Stack...
    By Kylixer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 03:51 PM
  4. Ingredients for success (Motivation)
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 02:36 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Log in
Log in