Milk Protein Isolate vs. Micellar Casien

B

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
Since MPI is a high precentage of Casien, is there any advantage to using Micellar Casien over MPI. I can generally find MPI cheaper than Micellar Casien.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Price is def an advantage. I however am part of the camp that swears by whole foods and saves the powders only for times when a real meal is not an option. Can of Tuna is like $0.40, thats perfect protein right there. If you must drink them the diff is negligible IMO, go for the cheaper option.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
MPI and calcium casseinate are cheap, and get the job done. Micellar is probably superior, but cost isn't worth it IMO.

H

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Go with Milk Protein Concentrate if you can find it. Cheaper and about the same calibre comparted to a whey concentrate vs. an isolate.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
You really won't notice a difference in terms of results between the two.

G

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Price is def an advantage. I however am part of the camp that swears by whole foods and saves the powders only for times when a real meal is not an option. Can of Tuna is like $0.40, thats perfect protein right there. If you must drink them the diff is negligible IMO, go for the cheaper option.
I agree with this...the best source of casein from whole foods is cottage cheese. I like to use whole foods especially while dieting for satiety reasons.

P

Phosphate bond

Awards
This is a good question. Most people don't realize that micellar casein is derived from milk protein isolate.

So it would be correct to say Milk protein isolate is 80% micellar casein and 20% of some form of whey isolate.

I like 50% whey and 50% micellar casein most of the time.

You could approximate this with 35% whey and 65% milk protein isolate.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'd really like an intravenous protein product. I'm sick of whole foods, shakes and anything that is made by Little Debbie.