Milk Protein Isolate vs. Micellar Casien

1. Milk Protein Isolate vs. Micellar Casien

Since MPI is a high precentage of Casien, is there any advantage to using Micellar Casien over MPI. I can generally find MPI cheaper than Micellar Casien.

2. I was wondering the same thing myself?

3. Price is def an advantage. I however am part of the camp that swears by whole foods and saves the powders only for times when a real meal is not an option. Can of Tuna is like $0.40, thats perfect protein right there. If you must drink them the diff is negligible IMO, go for the cheaper option.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
    •   

4. MPI and calcium casseinate are cheap, and get the job done. Micellar is probably superior, but cost isn't worth it IMO.

5. Go with Milk Protein Concentrate if you can find it. Cheaper and about the same calibre comparted to a whey concentrate vs. an isolate.

6. You really won't notice a difference in terms of results between the two.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    Price is def an advantage. I however am part of the camp that swears by whole foods and saves the powders only for times when a real meal is not an option. Can of Tuna is like $0.40, thats perfect protein right there. If you must drink them the diff is negligible IMO, go for the cheaper option.
    I agree with this...the best source of casein from whole foods is cottage cheese. I like to use whole foods especially while dieting for satiety reasons.

8. This is a good question. Most people don't realize that micellar casein is derived from milk protein isolate.

So it would be correct to say Milk protein isolate is 80% micellar casein and 20% of some form of whey isolate.

I like 50% whey and 50% micellar casein most of the time.

You could approximate this with 35% whey and 65% milk protein isolate.

9. I'd really like an intravenous protein product. I'm sick of whole foods, shakes and anything that is made by Little Debbie.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    I'd really like an intravenous protein product.
    A protein drip throughout the night sounds like a great idea.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anyone else use milk protein isolate?
    By Rock Lee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 01:02 PM