Agmatine? Precursor or Inhibitor?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright I've been trying to educate myself on agmatine. Does it increase NO production or inhibit it? Also would it be beneficial to take agmatine with arginine, citrulline, or ornithine?

Touey

Touey

Awards
Alright I've been trying to educate myself on agmatine. Does it increase NO production or inhibit it? Also would it be beneficial to take agmatine with arginine, citrulline, or ornithine?
increases NO - arginine not so much - citrulline yes - ornithine? could not hurt imo

Touey

Touey

Awards
Also the Enhanced PES product has the agmatine also with nitrates for high end NO production

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Increases NO production. I would take it with CM. No need for arginine, Agmatine will replace that with much better results.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Agmatine would theoretically work better with nitrates than citrulline based on its action at the imidazoline receptor. Just saying ;)

BlackWinging

Awards
From what I've seen it increases NO when there isn't too much but does inhibit it when there are unsafe levels. Taking it with enough citrulline should be fine, though a citrulline/norvaline/agmatine combo could be counter productive (also unnecessary imo).

...Still want to try Hemavol anyways.

Touey

Touey

Awards
Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Best not to overthink it as it isn't always as easy as a biochem flowchart. Agmatine will serve you well on its own. The others are not really needed.

Touey

Touey

Awards
Best not to overthink it as it isn't always as easy as a biochem flowchart. Agmatine will serve you well on its own. The others are not really needed.
I have heard much good from people taking CM as well as Nitrates with Agmatine. I will say I think a statement like "The others are not really needed" is relative, no offense to you personally.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have heard much good from people taking CM as well as Nitrates with Agmatine. I will say I think a statement like "The others are not really needed" is relative, no offense to you personally.
Where the **** are CM and nitrates mentioned in the post I quoted? I was talking about "arginine, citrulline, or ornithine" which is why I quoted him. This thread is about NO production.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed always have nice results with just bulk agmatine