Arachidonic Acid

AnabolicJuich

AnabolicJuich

Banned
Awards
Hey ya'll . was thinking to add Arachidonic Acid for my next bulk when i'm done cutting. saw some great reviwes .
i've seen a couple of posts which saying you gotta stack it with carnitine. and why?
also i noticed that if i want straight ArA i should go with X-gels. but there's some dope deal at nutra on XFA. which one should i go with?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Either or IMO. There are lots of additions to Ara that can make it better, my favorite being GMS. I tend to get my GMS from hemavol pre-workout and my carnitines from compete pre and intra. I don't really no exactly how those ingredients work in relation to ARA, but they are frequently suggested by the companies who produce ARA but most def not needed.

Mike

AnabolicJuich

AnabolicJuich

Banned
Awards
What's GMS?.
also what should i add to lean bulk stack? got Cellcur M5 extreme pre workout. also will add X-Gels. was thinking about Turbo Surge how is that will work out?

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
There were some notions that taking fish oil with ArA, similar to XFA, would curb the effects of the ArA. William Llewellyn noted a study stating that if anything, fish oil will augment the ArA: "So instead of being counterproductive, taking fish oil alongside ArA may actually cause you to have a greater increase in the serum level of muscle-building prostaglandins."

But, if you're already taking fish oil he suggested that it taking ArA alone would be fine. I don't see how you can go wrong either way, that is, unless you are supplementing with fish oil.

Personally, I like plain ArA, which allows me to does fish oil as I regularly do. Stuff is awesome. It will help with a lean bulk, but, you must eat, eat, eat and really up the protein intake. I followed another's advice with dosing and went with 8 pills pre-workout and none on rest days. Noticed greater DOMS as a result.

Read around and see what fits your system and desire. But, personally, I feel ArA is right up there with creatine in terms of working and results.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GMS for emulsification of the ArA and Carnitine or Aspririn for platelet aggregation....basically blah blah blah science for ya it just optimizes the effectiveness of ArA when they are all taken pre-workout.

I personally prefer (seen best results) with straight ArA (X-gels, OG X-factor) combined with GMS and Carnitine all pre-workout. It isn't necessary, but IMO it is optimal and should be used together if you do choose to supplement with ArA.

AnabolicJuich

AnabolicJuich

Banned
Awards
GMS for emulsification of the ArA and Carnitine or Aspririn for platelet aggregation....basically blah blah blah science for ya it just optimizes the effectiveness of ArA when they are all taken pre-workout.

I personally prefer (seen best results) with straight ArA (X-gels, OG X-factor) combined with GMS and Carnitine all pre-workout. It isn't necessary, but IMO it is optimal and should be used together if you do choose to supplement with ArA.
Awesome, thanks for the inpout bro

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Taking ALCAR preworkout with your ArA?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taking ALCAR preworkout with your ArA?
I have before. Or LCLT or PLCAR. I think LCLT is my most common, but I've done it all. :D

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I have before. Or LCLT or PLCAR. I think LCLT is my most common, but I've done it all. :D
I love dosing PLCAR with ArA (or in general regarding carnitines)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
GMS is Glycerol Monosterate; just so you know. Personally I like to take my ArA away from fish oil (either cycle off it or dose it >6hrs after ArA) but I haven't tried XFA, nor have I tried dosing ArA with fish oil so I have nothing to compare it to.

I do suggest taking in some GMS and LCLT alongside it for the reasons Bolt stated. I actually recommend you take a look at Bolts log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228927-bolt-x-gels-9.html in which he ran X-gels.

If you ran a stack with ArA and Anabeta Elite then prepare for some magic.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do SNS have a carnitine supplement or PLCAR? It would be nice as I imagine it would be great value for money.
They have ALCAR. I feel like they said somewhere that PLCAR was done being produced, but I can still find it at several places from them (hope they keep making it I love the stuff).

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They have ALCAR. I feel like they said somewhere that PLCAR was done being produced, but I can still find it at several places from them (hope they keep making it I love the stuff).
Correct, Plcar was a one run batch...but as noted can still find some online retailers that still have some bottles...for as low as 9.95 from what I see...

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Do SNS have a carnitine supplement or PLCAR? It would be nice as I imagine it would be great value for money.
Yes. We offer both PLCAR (single run, but still available at many retailers) and ALCAR. I've been hording PLCAR for a while now. It doesn't seem to get the attention or respect it deserves regarding body composition uses.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Aspirin ftw. Save yourself some money. Many use Glycer Grow for the GMS. Cheap product as well.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
This is all great info. I'll have to remember for next time I ran ArA. As it was, I enjoyed the benefits I got from my last run with ArA.

Any suggested dosages for the GMS and carnitine? Would adding aspirin to those two be overkill?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I ran out of LCLT so i've been dosing ALCAR with my X-Gels. I've always promoted ALCAR pre workout so it's really nothing new for me. LCLT may have an edge on ALCAR but either will do the job.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ran out of LCLT so i've been dosing ALCAR with my X-Gels. I've always promoted ALCAR pre workout so it's really nothing new for me. LCLT may have an edge on ALCAR but either will do the job.
As far as I know, the form of carnitine won't matter. The research I read on it used l-carnitine rather than LCLT/ALCAR etc.

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
How important is the pre-wo timing for ArA?

I understand that pre-wo is the most optimal time to take it, but if one was to take it 5 minutes before vs 40 minutes before how would that affect its efficacy?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's best not to micromanage what you're doing. If you so happen to take it 5 before then it is what it is, but shoot for 30-45...

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
It's best not to micromanage what you're doing. If you so happen to take it 5 before then it is what it is, but shoot for 30-45...
Thanks.

And should the dosing differ at all based on if you're cutting or bulking? Or go with same pre-wo dose regardless?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks.

And should the dosing differ at all based on if you're cutting or bulking? Or go with same pre-wo dose regardless?
Shouldn't really change IMO. As the Spaniard said don't worry about micromanaging the dose timing too much as long as it is pre-workout. :thumbsup:

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hard to beat that deal on XFA at NP!

Both products will work quite well, also all sites who carry our brand will have the 100ct X-Factor and X-Factor Advanced in stock next week.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
How important is the pre-wo timing for ArA?

I understand that pre-wo is the most optimal time to take it, but if one was to take it 5 minutes before vs 40 minutes before how would that affect its efficacy?
5 minutes wont matter.