Melatonin?

  1. Registered User
    gravitygames's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    75
    Answers
    0

    Melatonin?


    Ive been using a little melatonin 1mg does the trick for me for one week now. I have a few questions about this stuff: will i have a hard time sleeping when im not using it i figured a bit for a night or two. But how long can i take this cause its really helping with the full nights sleep and not waking every 3 hours or so plus i was only getting 6 hours or so so i decided to try this route. Is there a better way of getting full sleep other than this thats safe.

  2. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,457
    Answers
    8


    Melatonin is exceptionally safe and there is no evidence that tolerance develops.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Registered User
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,209
    Answers
    0


    I've read that long term can possibly lead to tolerance/dependence...
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,457
    Answers
    8


    Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz View Post
    I've read that long term can possibly lead to tolerance/dependence...
    This has been tested and re-tested for a minimum of 6 months...what they observed was actually an enhancement​ of effects after a few months of use
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  5. Registered User
    Younglifter16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    232
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    This has been tested and re-tested for a minimum of 6 months...what they observed was actually an enhancement​ of effects after a few months of use
    this. No tolerance issues noted yet
    examine . com /supplements/Melatonin/
  6. Registered User
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,209
    Answers
    0


    Fair enough about the tolerance... I personally found it harder to get to sleep when i was prescribed the stuff after a short period of time... That's an issue of a possible underlying problem in me...
    It's the possible dependency that really worried me into stopping & moving to other treatments... That is something that nobody wants... Are there any studies saying that you can't become dependent? Being that you're supplementing a hormone that the body creates naturally... If in America, I believe you don't need a script leading people to try it out without even knowing that's the problem...
  7. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,457
    Answers
    8


    Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz View Post
    Fair enough about the tolerance... I personally found it harder to get to sleep when i was prescribed the stuff after a short period of time... That's an issue of a possible underlying problem in me...
    It's the possible dependency that really worried me into stopping & moving to other treatments... That is something that nobody wants... Are there any studies saying that you can't become dependent? Being that you're supplementing a hormone that the body creates naturally... If in America, I believe you don't need a script leading people to try it out without even knowing that's the problem...
    Yeah no prescription needed in the US.

    And yes, again, no tolerance/dependence/withdrawal was noted
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. Registered User
    gravitygames's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    75
    Answers
    0


    ya **** works the same every night thats why i use it. I only need a little like 1mg the normal adult dose is between 2 and 3mgs but one puts me down and i dont keep waking up in the middle of the night. i feel really good th next mourning. thanks for you ideas on this guys.
  9. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0


    I just bought 3mg time release melatonin. My problem is never getting to sleep, it's staying asleep. And while I've read that nighttime waking is perfectly normal (and used to be celebrated), sleeping all the way through seems like the modern standard.
  10. Registered User
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,354
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    I just bought 3mg time release melatonin. My problem is never getting to sleep, it's staying asleep. And while I've read that nighttime waking is perfectly normal (and used to be celebrated), sleeping all the way through seems like the modern standard.
    i have the same problem, for me i just try to maximize the time i'm asleep and melatonin helps with that...if i go to bed to get 8 hours of sleep and i wake up twice....atleast with melatonin, that time i am asleep is maximized
    I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
    Iforcenutrition.com
  11. Registered User
    raulob72's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,219
    Answers
    0


    I read somewhere that might increase estrogen
  12. Registered User
    Quadzilla99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  271 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    350
    Answers
    0


    Shi t I was cycling melatonin. Great info for me right hurr
  13. Registered User
    gboslice's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    54
    Answers
    0


    I have a ton of success with 5HTP, melatonin, and Valerian Root. Had some bad insomnia in the air force and was prescribed Ambien. Couldn't stand the feeling while taking ambien (Never awoke feeling rested or "Fresh minded") so I searched for a new alternative and haven't found anything as good as these 3 together.
    Best of luck on the path to better sleep
  14. Registered User
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,354
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by gboslice View Post
    I have a ton of success with 5HTP, melatonin, and Valerian Root. Had some bad insomnia in the air force and was prescribed Ambien. Couldn't stand the feeling while taking ambien (Never awoke feeling rested or "Fresh minded") so I searched for a new alternative and haven't found anything as good as these 3 together.
    Best of luck on the path to better sleep
    that combo is probably the best i've found as well, some sleep supps have the opposite effect on me so i stick with a supplement with those three and i'm good to go all the time
    I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
    Iforcenutrition.com
  15. Registered User
    gravitygames's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    75
    Answers
    0


    thanks gboslice im a veteran as well but of the cg. ive been a ****ty sleeper since a little kid, and here to i can get to sleep but the prob is staying asleep. thanks for your added info.
  16. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,700
    Answers
    0


    I've used high doses of melatonin(10-30mg) for extended periods of time, as per research presented on LEF, and have had no issues with either tolerance or dependence. Or estrogen.

    There are extended release versions of melatonin for you frequent wake-up types. I find that stacking with L-theanine or GABA seems to help this situation. If you're going for broke and desperately want 8 hours straight, 12-25 mg of Benedryl added to the stack will probably keep you down for the night although a bit groggy in the AM.

    Ambien is freaky stuff..I won't take it again. Nothing like crashing into walls if you have to take a leak at 2am.
  17. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by raulob72 View Post
    I read somewhere that might increase estrogen
    Interesting because your body produces melatonin on its own. Estrogen as well for that matter. I'm running an AI now so it will be interesting to see if there are any changes when I'm done as far as E2

    Quote Originally Posted by gravitygames View Post
    thanks gboslice im a veteran as well but of the cg. ive been a ****ty sleeper since a little kid, and here to i can get to sleep but the prob is staying asleep. thanks for your added info.
    That's because you're afraid of the dark
  18. Registered User
    gravitygames's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    75
    Answers
    0


    nice info bioman. thanks wall crashing lol
  19. Registered User
    gravitygames's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    75
    Answers
    0


    hardly afraid my friend!!!!
  20. Registered User
    middleageguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    176
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    I've used high doses of melatonin(10-30mg) for extended periods of time, as per research presented on LEF, and have had no issues with either tolerance or dependence. Or estrogen.

    There are extended release versions of melatonin for you frequent wake-up types. I find that stacking with L-theanine or GABA seems to help this situation. If you're going for broke and desperately want 8 hours straight, 12-25 mg of Benedryl added to the stack will probably keep you down for the night although a bit groggy in the AM.

    Ambien is freaky stuff..I won't take it again. Nothing like crashing into walls if you have to take a leak at 2am.
    I just posted a comment to this new article.

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/conte...fat-loss-4305/

    Any of you know how many mg's of melatonin would be toxic? I read above that "bioman" has taken up to 30mg of melatonin.

    "Bioman" can you tell us if you notated any fat loss, if your not already shredded?

    Thanks
    “Just be advised that the above information posted is not medical advice and should only be used for fun and entertainment.”
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Melatonin & Depression
    By MaDmaN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 10:59 AM
  2. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 08:23 PM
  3. Gaba and Melatonin
    By CDB in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 04:01 PM
  4. Taking Melatonin every night
    By hoSSo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 01:32 PM
  5. Melatonin: GH Booster?
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 02:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in