Melatonin?

gravitygames

Awards
Ive been using a little melatonin 1mg does the trick for me for one week now. I have a few questions about this stuff: will i have a hard time sleeping when im not using it i figured a bit for a night or two. But how long can i take this cause its really helping with the full nights sleep and not waking every 3 hours or so plus i was only getting 6 hours or so so i decided to try this route. Is there a better way of getting full sleep other than this thats safe.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Melatonin is exceptionally safe and there is no evidence that tolerance develops.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
I've read that long term can possibly lead to tolerance/dependence...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I've read that long term can possibly lead to tolerance/dependence...
This has been tested and re-tested for a minimum of 6 months...what they observed was actually an enhancement​ of effects after a few months of use

Younglifter16

Awards
This has been tested and re-tested for a minimum of 6 months...what they observed was actually an enhancement​ of effects after a few months of use
this. No tolerance issues noted yet
examine . com /supplements/Melatonin/

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Fair enough about the tolerance... I personally found it harder to get to sleep when i was prescribed the stuff after a short period of time... That's an issue of a possible underlying problem in me...
It's the possible dependency that really worried me into stopping & moving to other treatments... That is something that nobody wants... Are there any studies saying that you can't become dependent? Being that you're supplementing a hormone that the body creates naturally... If in America, I believe you don't need a script leading people to try it out without even knowing that's the problem...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Fair enough about the tolerance... I personally found it harder to get to sleep when i was prescribed the stuff after a short period of time... That's an issue of a possible underlying problem in me...
It's the possible dependency that really worried me into stopping & moving to other treatments... That is something that nobody wants... Are there any studies saying that you can't become dependent? Being that you're supplementing a hormone that the body creates naturally... If in America, I believe you don't need a script leading people to try it out without even knowing that's the problem...
Yeah no prescription needed in the US.

And yes, again, no tolerance/dependence/withdrawal was noted

gravitygames

Awards
ya **** works the same every night thats why i use it. I only need a little like 1mg the normal adult dose is between 2 and 3mgs but one puts me down and i dont keep waking up in the middle of the night. i feel really good th next mourning. thanks for you ideas on this guys.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I just bought 3mg time release melatonin. My problem is never getting to sleep, it's staying asleep. And while I've read that nighttime waking is perfectly normal (and used to be celebrated), sleeping all the way through seems like the modern standard.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just bought 3mg time release melatonin. My problem is never getting to sleep, it's staying asleep. And while I've read that nighttime waking is perfectly normal (and used to be celebrated), sleeping all the way through seems like the modern standard.
i have the same problem, for me i just try to maximize the time i'm asleep and melatonin helps with that...if i go to bed to get 8 hours of sleep and i wake up twice....atleast with melatonin, that time i am asleep is maximized

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
I read somewhere that might increase estrogen

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Shi t I was cycling melatonin. Great info for me right hurr

gboslice

gboslice

Awards
I have a ton of success with 5HTP, melatonin, and Valerian Root. Had some bad insomnia in the air force and was prescribed Ambien. Couldn't stand the feeling while taking ambien (Never awoke feeling rested or "Fresh minded") so I searched for a new alternative and haven't found anything as good as these 3 together.
[h=3][/h]Best of luck on the path to better sleep :D

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a ton of success with 5HTP, melatonin, and Valerian Root. Had some bad insomnia in the air force and was prescribed Ambien. Couldn't stand the feeling while taking ambien (Never awoke feeling rested or "Fresh minded") so I searched for a new alternative and haven't found anything as good as these 3 together.
Best of luck on the path to better sleep :D
that combo is probably the best i've found as well, some sleep supps have the opposite effect on me so i stick with a supplement with those three and i'm good to go all the time

gravitygames

Awards
thanks gboslice im a veteran as well but of the cg. ive been a ****ty sleeper since a little kid, and here to i can get to sleep but the prob is staying asleep. thanks for your added info.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've used high doses of melatonin(10-30mg) for extended periods of time, as per research presented on LEF, and have had no issues with either tolerance or dependence. Or estrogen.

There are extended release versions of melatonin for you frequent wake-up types. I find that stacking with L-theanine or GABA seems to help this situation. If you're going for broke and desperately want 8 hours straight, 12-25 mg of Benedryl added to the stack will probably keep you down for the night although a bit groggy in the AM.

Ambien is freaky stuff..I won't take it again. Nothing like crashing into walls if you have to take a leak at 2am.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I read somewhere that might increase estrogen
Interesting because your body produces melatonin on its own. Estrogen as well for that matter. I'm running an AI now so it will be interesting to see if there are any changes when I'm done as far as E2

thanks gboslice im a veteran as well but of the cg. ive been a ****ty sleeper since a little kid, and here to i can get to sleep but the prob is staying asleep. thanks for your added info.
That's because you're afraid of the dark

middleageguy

middleageguy

Awards
I've used high doses of melatonin(10-30mg) for extended periods of time, as per research presented on LEF, and have had no issues with either tolerance or dependence. Or estrogen.

There are extended release versions of melatonin for you frequent wake-up types. I find that stacking with L-theanine or GABA seems to help this situation. If you're going for broke and desperately want 8 hours straight, 12-25 mg of Benedryl added to the stack will probably keep you down for the night although a bit groggy in the AM.

Ambien is freaky stuff..I won't take it again. Nothing like crashing into walls if you have to take a leak at 2am.
I just posted a comment to this new article.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/content/melatonin-fat-loss-4305/

Any of you know how many mg's of melatonin would be toxic? I read above that "bioman" has taken up to 30mg of melatonin.

"Bioman" can you tell us if you notated any fat loss, if your not already shredded?

Thanks