Nitrates and mouthwash

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
My guess is that it wouldn't affect it as the gelatin capsules protect the nitrates inside from the mouthwash..

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
caps should be fine, didnt read the study, but one of the lines talked about nitrates from inorganic source, ie vegetables. that being said, as long as your not brushing your teeth right before you take in some nitrates you should be okay.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
There was a thread about this on bb.com neuron and pinchthebear said that even if you take pills the nitrites circulate through uour system and end up back in your mouth and that's partially where they are converted to nitrates..best to avoid brushing for a couple of hours before and 1-2 hours after taking them. Just chew some gum at the gym if you're worried about your breath. Fluoride toothpaste kills the bacteria so just brushing with a Plain toothbrush and no toothpaste is another option since that would remove a lot of the gunk off your teeth but leave enough oral bacteria for nitrate conversion

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
I ordered some of dat dere Thermogum cuz of this and am gonna chew the shot out if it at the gym..amped for when it gets here

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I heard this and I would recommend drinking it with 8 oz of liquid to really get the full effect from it. I think it could really be a good thing if used correctly.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
****. I just brushed my teeth and forgot to take my nitrates... noooo.. lol

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
I heard this and I would recommend drinking it with 8 oz of liquid to really get the full effect from it. I think it could really be a good thing if used correctly.
What in Gods name are you talking about?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always empty my nitrate caps in 8 oz of Scope and drink it down. Great pre!
Lmao jeez dude that had me gagging on my water at work!!

burpees

Banned
Awards
There was a thread about this on bb.com neuron and pinchthebear said that even if you take pills the nitrites circulate through uour system and end up back in your mouth and that's partially where they are converted to nitrates..best to avoid brushing for a couple of hours before and 1-2 hours after taking them. Just chew some gum at the gym if you're worried about your breath. Fluoride toothpaste kills the bacteria so just brushing with a Plain toothbrush and no toothpaste is another option since that would remove a lot of the gunk off your teeth but leave enough oral bacteria for nitrate conversion
Lmaoo at avoiding brushing your teeth to get to the effects of your Pre workout drink hell naw