Natural testosterone enhancements

Shawn W.

Awards
If I wanted to use natural supplements to enhance my testosterone production, what could I take that would be most effective? Would a single supplement or a stack be more effective? Also, at what dosages and how frequently should I be taking them?

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You could take tribulus + 6-oxo( if you count it natural ) Im not sure about the dosage
for tribulus but 6-oxo you could do 300mg a day of 6-oxo + the trib im not sure how much tho.

Edge

Awards
You could take tribulus + 6-oxo( if you count it natural ) Im not sure about the dosage
for tribulus but 6-oxo you could do 300mg a day of 6-oxo + the trib im not sure how much tho.
Why 6-oxo?

You can try megadoses of Arginine. That worked for me.
Tribulis I saw decent results at 1500 mgs a day. But nothing for strength, it was mostly horniness.

Shawn W.

Awards
Why 6-oxo?

You can try megadoses of Arginine. That worked for me.
Tribulis I saw decent results at 1500 mgs a day. But nothing for strength, it was mostly horniness.
What would you define as a "megadose"? I've thought before about taking l-arginine, since it's the main ingredient in NO2.

punta, in regard to the 6-oxo, did you suggest it because its estrogen-blocking capability would allow my natural testosterone to have more of an effect?

Shawn W.

Awards
Longjack.
I've heard of that before. What exactly is it?

edit: Nevermind. I just read a couple of threads here and figured it out.

Here's an idea. How about an l-arginine/tribulus/longjack/6-oxo stack?

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Avena Sativa can be had for really cheap, and it's probably the best at increasing Free Test levels. 2 months of powder is less then 10$. Wouldn't make a herb formula without it.

Shawn W.

Awards
Will any of these supplements affect what I'm currently taking? I take a mega-multi in the morning with breakfast, 1/2 a serving (1 tablet) calcium/vitamin D with my 3rd and 4th meals, and one serving ZMA one hour after my last meal.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Will any of these supplements affect what I'm currently taking? I take a mega-multi in the morning with breakfast, 1/2 a serving (1 tablet) calcium/vitamin D with my 3rd and 4th meals, and one serving ZMA one hour after my last meal.
No

Edge

Awards
I personally wouldnt bother with the 6-oxo. Mega doses would be like 15 grams a day.

FunkMasterFlex

Awards
ZMA is a staple to me. Trib or LongJack i never had any luck with, i always got very edgy ( so maybe it worked lol). But Diet is overall a higher factor. Mono and Sat fats, Glycemic index also is a factor.
www.johnberardi.com has a few decent articles on that. Ive used 6-oxo clean and i did like it but again very aggitated after a weeks time. I did lose alot of water weight in that week and was pumped up for extended time after workouts. About 4-6 hours. Rather than an hour or two. Once i actually told my prof. to F-off cause she ask me to rewrite a paper cause she didnt want to give me a D on it. Needless to say i got the D, but just an example of my experiences with "natural T boosters" Ive also heard sex and rubbin one out help to boost T-levels lol.

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Never tried Long Jack but friends haven't been to impressed with it. IMO a tribulus/oatstraw (Avena Sativa) stack would do the best. Check your pm's

Work

Awards
Musclejack. Has Trib, Longjack and an Estrogen blocker.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Trib and Longjack have not been clinically proven to raise test levels.

Trib will raise LH and various estrodiols and increase libido as well as vascodialation of the penis. It's a fun herb but do not rely on it to raise test levels.

There's an excellent thread on Tribulus terrestris in the archives that explores the myths behind trib.

Dr D has some experience with Longjack..he didnt seem too impressed.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I have never even seen a claim that arginine raises test levels. The purpose of this product as a 'sexual aid' is to promote blood flow to the penis. As a muscle enhancer product, the idea is to promote blood flow to the muscles... simple. Has nothing to do with test levels.

Most trib is worthless. Good versions, like SoPharma's Tribestan will impact LH but don't count on any muscle building effects.

6-OXO will raise test and suppress estrogen. I still wouldn't expect any dramatic effects, but if you stack it with avena and perhaps maca or some blend of herbals like that you may find good results re: stiumlating test.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I defintely do not agree with the avena sativa recommendations I see all the time. I do,however, highly recommend the stinging nettle root. I have gotten more out of it than any trib,longjack,maca, or fenugreek efforts yet. Enjoy!!