Which are the worst tasting supplements in bulk form?

Greenhulk

Awards
When I just read a comment about the taste of ALCAR, I occurred to me that there are some really bad tasting supplements in bulk form (and posted some in that thread already). Anyway, I was thinking to myself why not start a thread about this.

So my question is: Which are the worst tasting supplements in bulk form in your opinion? And how do you handle the taste? How do you take it? Any tips to cover the taste?

Here is my starting list of bad tasting supplements:
* bulk icariin powder - I mix it with fruit juice but it still tastes disgusting
* giant knot weed extract (powder form) - again fruit juice, mediocre taste then
* bulk leucine powder - yuck, already ruined delicious protein shakes with it, has a lousy solubility in water or juice, haven't found a way yet to make it taste good
* methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) - I generally dissolve it in sparkling water mixed with some fruit juice, taste depends on how much I put in
* MCT oil - I really don't like the taste of it (yes, I don't heat it) no matter how I use it

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1 carboxy.

Put the amount in your mouth, and chug desired liquid lol

Bulk leucine isnt bad.. i dont think. I just put the leucine in my mouth and drink it down with w/e

Cable100k

Awards
Daa. It'd taste isn't terrible. But it is so gritty and undisolved its ridiculous.

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
phenylpiracetam so bad it leaves your mouth unable to appreciate the next 2-3 meals

Greenhulk

Awards
Bulk leucine isnt bad.. i dont think. I just put the leucine in my mouth and drink it down with w/e
I couldn't do that. But I guess when it comes to taste, it is also very much a subjective and individual matter.

Greenhulk

Awards
Daa. It'd taste isn't terrible. But it is so gritty and undisolved its ridiculous.
Yes, the texture is really pretty bad. But normally I wouldn't take it in undissolved powder form. Just like most other powders.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Maca Root easily the worst tasting supp I've had in bulk form... Had to mix it with oatmeal or grapefruit juice it was so bad

Greenhulk

Awards
Maca Root easily the worst tasting supp I've had in bulk form... Had to mix it with oatmeal or grapefruit juice it was so bad
That's funny - because I like the taste of Maca root powder. I just don't take it without something liquid because it is too damn dry to swallow.

Greenhulk

Awards
And another one: Ornithine tastes pretty bad too in my opinion.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
That's funny - because I like the taste of Maca root powder. I just don't take it without something liquid because it is too damn dry to swallow.
Oh man really?!? The smell of that stuff was enough to make me gag lol.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually like the taste of alcar... But I do agree that GMS isn't the most pleasant tasting thing but its not bad... It's like eating moon sand

bswanny

bswanny

Awards
  • Established
ProSupps Leucine Matrix. Love it but the HICA smells and tastes like a tart mildew to be kind. Nothing I have found yet can hide it.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Aakg is gross.. Its soo bitter its hard to cover up with anything

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
Bulk Agmatine. Tastes like death. Even just a gram of it washed down with water is terrible.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bulk Agmatine. Tastes like death. Even just a gram of it washed down with water is terrible.
This. At least tossing it into a preWo can mask it to a degree, I once made the mistake of putting a gram of it into my protein shake...never do this at home kids. (End PSA)

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
This. At least tossing it into a preWo can mask it to a degree, I once made the mistake of putting a gram of it into my protein shake...never do this at home kids. (End PSA)
I don't even know how to legitimately describe the taste.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
1,3 dimeth is pretty bad and its usually a very small amount but still nasty!

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Bulk cissus!

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
NAC is pretty nasty

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulk Cissus, Bulk DAA, and Yellow Gold.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wtf.. I love the way maca tastes! Maca powder makes chocolate protein shakes taste so much better IMO.. I add 4g to em!Mike

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
wtf.. I love the way maca tastes! Maca powder makes chocolate protein shakes taste so much better IMO.. I add 4g to em!Mike
Really?!? I know other people hate the taste of the stuff its not just me lol. I guess it all depends on what you like or how shot your taste buds are from bad supps lol.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
1 carboxy.

Put the amount in your mouth, and chug desired liquid lol

1 carboxy, had to parashute.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
NAC for me. Then again NA-R-ALA burns the sh*t outta your mouth...

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Bulk DAA is pretty bad... Mainly the texture is awful. The taste isn't overwhelming though.
Agreed,cranberry juice fixes this :D oj helps as well.

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
ALCAR and Bulk Cissus are definitely at the top of my list. I did have a cap of PowerFULL break open so I tried swallowing the powder from the caps... worst mistake ever. There's a reason it's capped lol.

Greenhulk

Awards
Had 1g of agamtine this morning dissolved in water. The taste wasn't really that bad. But it wasn't great either, so I decided to add some fruit juice and this almost covered its taste completely.

To me, AAKG (arginine alpha-ketoglutarate) just tastes very sour, that's all. Not really bad IMO.

NAC has a bad smell. Due to its sulphur content a little bit like H2S. But the taste is not too bad - again IMO.

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
Citrulline Malate could be bad if you dislike sour/ things, because it's so strong. But I actually kinda like it. :D

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Citrulline Malate could be bad if you dislike sour/ things, because it's so strong. But I actually kinda like it. :D
Citrulline Malate is another bulk I am not a fan of. It is sooo sour and weird haha.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Citrulline Malate is another bulk I am not a fan of. It is sooo sour and weird haha.
Lol I mixed it with my chocolate protein shake the first time I used it...horrible mistake. It's not bad mixed in with MBCAA though

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
After dumping 6-8 grams of it in my mouth for the last month, I've started to enjoy it lol. Especially since it gets the taste of agmatine out of my mouth. I take all my bulk supplements by dumping the powder in my mouth and washing it down with water, because I'm a whimp about drinking water with stuff mixed in, haha. Even preworkouts (don't recommend).

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol I mixed it with my chocolate protein shake the first time I used it...horrible mistake. It's not bad mixed in with MBCAA though
I've tried that also, not a good idea haha.

After dumping 6-8 grams of it in my mouth for the last month, I've started to enjoy it lol. Especially since it gets the taste of agmatine out of my mouth. I take all my bulk supplements by dumping the powder in my mouth and washing it down with water, because I'm a whimp about drinking water with stuff mixed in, haha. Even preworkouts (don't recommend).
For real? lol. That is kind of funny you don't like mixing stuff in with water. I have just thrown CM in the mouth also and chased it, but make my tongue have a burning feeling somewhat.