How do you guys AM dose or time supps Pre Workout??

daveydoodle

daveydoodle

Awards
For the guys that hit the gym fairly soon after getting up in the morning, how are you timing or dosing your supps and pre workout drinks? My schedule is a graveyard one, so I'm off at 6:00AM. I usually get 4-5 hours sleep and then have been doing it like this; NO/vaso-dilator product (Yok'd or Expand) and Beta Alanine right away. 30 minutes later 1 cup Oatmeal, 1/2 protein shake, 1/2 banana and tablespoonful PB, 10-15 minutes after the meal my pre-workout drink. I usually drive to the gym feeling good, but I'm hungry 20-30 minutes into my workout. The NO and Beta Alanine say to take on an empty stomach. I need something to eat before I workout, but then start dragging soon. My schedule isn't ideal, but if I don't cut some corners on sleep and try to hustle in to the gym after getting up, I can't get a workout in that day. On the days I don't work I notice a HUGE difference, usually because I have had at least 2 good meals before I go. Anyone doing something different that works great for them, or have a better pre-workout meal that may last longer?

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When I train soon after waking up I don't eat at all. I just take the preworkout and then train. I use my postworkout meal as my first food of the day. I am not saying this is optimal; but it works for me.

Nothing like a cup of ULTIMA upon waking up. :)

WayneD

WayneD

Awards
When I train soon after waking up I don't eat at all. I just take the preworkout and then train. I use my postworkout meal as my first food of the day. I am not saying this is optimal; but it works for me.

Nothing like a cup of ULTIMA upon waking up. :)
This is exactly what do and I'm not saying its optimal either but it definitely works for me.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also train in the early a.m. and this is how I do it when I get up I take what ever supps I need to take
on an empty stomach cissus, test boosters, citrulline malate or what ever I need and I also take a stim
supp in either tab or cap version to get me going (examples- RPM, White Lightening, Yellow Thunder, UNCUT,
what ever I want to use that day,) then 30 min later I have a shake 1 scoop of oats, 1 scoop of whey and
1 scoop of micellar casein. For me the micellar casein makes a HUGE difference and I am not starving during
my workout like I am when I use just whey and oats. I use Muscle Feast unflavored MC and what ever flavor
of whey you mix with it it picks up the flavor.

Now on the days that I use a preworkout powder first thing in the a.m. I take what ever supps I need to take
on an empty stomach then without waiting I mix my preworkout powder with 1 scoop of waxy maize just to have
something else in my stomach with the preworkout powder and I use about 20 oz of water. I then mix up an intra
workout drink which is usually bcaa's and I sip that during my workout and I am good to go. I have been doing this
for a long time and it works well for me.