Quality Protein Powder

Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

1. For protein, I like Xtreme Formulations UP 2.0 and UP Whey.

2. Dudes TRUTEIN
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position
    •   

3. I tried several flavors of Trutein and thought it was just okay. I would like to try that special edition shamrock shake that they made.

4. Regarding quality, taste, types of different protein powders, and numerous combo/blend possibilities, this type of discussion will always be a loaded question and lead to much debate. Taste is obviously subjective and varies depending on the individual. Protein type and blend preferences will ultimately be dictated by budget, dietary habits, body chemistry of the individual. As for quality powders, I believe each type of protein powder has it pros and cons. Also as many of us are aware, there are financial interests and agendas at stake here so some opinions might be and probably are biased so one really needs to do there own due diligence.

The key take away here is that discriminating consumers such as those of us who choose follow a "bodybuilding/fitness" lifestyle need to really learn how to read nutrition labels in order to to be able to distinguish between quality products vs. "snake oil" products. And more importantly, the majority of us probably already have our diets in check and eat well balance diets based on our own individual needs. As such, protein powder is ultimately a supplement and should be though of as such.

5. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    So......Chicken or Fish?
    I like beef, venison, and or lamb myself.
    •   

6. I received a sample of ON's 100% in the mail (mentioned it in the first post of this thread) and the profile looked very quality and clean:

"Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Peptides), Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Fructose, Lecithin, Natural Flavor"

7. Quote Originally Posted by DCbuilder View Post
    I received a sample of ON's 100% in the mail (mentioned it in the first post of this thread) and the profile looked very quality and clean:

"Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Peptides), Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Fructose, Lecithin, Natural Flavor"
    ON is legit, I like the flavor of their protein, but a little too spendy for me personally. There are other brands out there just as good if not better along with better flavor .

8. $55-60 for a tub of protein is pretty ridiculous

9. Quote Originally Posted by bossman523 View Post
    $55-60 for a tub of protein is pretty ridiculous

It's 2013. Whey prices are inflating

That's why so many companies are trying to use sources with less beneficial amino acid profiles...they are cheaper
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    It's 2013. Whey prices are inflating

That's why so many companies are trying to use sources with less beneficial amino acid profiles
    I remember a few years back you could get a 5lb tub of a quality protein for $30

11. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I remember a few years back you could get a 5lb tub of a quality protein for $30

Then Gatorade joined the game
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com

12. i'm thinking about going back to drinking chocolate milk post-workout

13. Quote Originally Posted by bossman523 View Post
    i'm thinking about going back to drinking chocolate milk post-workout
    Tbh I do that more frequent than protein shakes lol
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

14. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Me too, cost effective and tastes bloody good.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

I drink strawberry milk all day long lol....

16. Quote Originally Posted by bossman523 View Post
    i'm thinking about going back to drinking chocolate milk post-workout
    its a great option, you get whey and casein but you would need about 20-24 ounces for 24 grams of protein and if you can tolerate the big lactose load.

17. Quote Originally Posted by bossman523 View Post
    $55-60 for a tub of protein is pretty ridiculous
    I miss the old days when I use to buy 5lbs dymatize elite for 35$ in store!
    ...this was ten years ago

18. Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    its a great option, you get whey and casein but you would need about 20-24 ounces for 24 grams of protein and if you can tolerate the big lactose load.
    you could just split it into two servings. maybe one post-workout and one with your next meal. i try to eat about an hour later.

19. Quote Originally Posted by bossman523 View Post
    you could just split it into two servings. maybe one post-workout and one with your next meal. i try to eat about an hour later.
    Or you could just have a scoop of protein, which is cheaper than a bottle of chocolate milk

20. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

Or you could just have a scoop of protein, which is cheaper than a bottle of chocolate milk
    Fact.

21. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Sadly not in my case. a 3 litre bottle of choc milk is ~$4.00 whereas two scoops of protein is >$4.00.. its a sad sad life.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Sadly not in my case. a 3 litre bottle of choc milk is ~$4.00 whereas two scoops of protein is >$4.00.. its a sad sad life.
    And not when the grocery store has gallons on sale for $1.57 lol!
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

23. XF has always been awesome, good quality and tastes great!

Bit pricey though

24. On Truteins website you can get Chocolate covered banana in 5lb tub for $49. Says it's a limited run. Ordered a tub. Was hoping they had the Chocolate dipped Strawberry but they were out. Trutein is one of the better protein powders, at least I think so.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/255232-turff49-quest-success.html#post4620379

25. ^ Meh. I would try the Trutein Shamrock Shake though
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. digestive enzymes for protein powder?
    By Number 5 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 11:53 PM
  2. Can protein powder go bad?
    By Rock Lee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 11:20 PM
  3. A good weight gainer and protein powder
    By drei in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2003, 10:36 PM
  4. Cooking w/ Protein Powder