Quality Protein Powder

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I want to try the trutein Shamrock shake. It was only limited edition though. Maybe it will be back.
    I have a jug if it. Pretty tasty. I'd send ya a sample but not sure how that would work.

  2. quality protein powder


    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    The Giant Sports choco PB kicks ass!
    I have 2 containers of the Giant Sports PB Choc and it taste unique but
    it taste nothing like PB and I did a taste test with a few people and no one
    guessed PB everyone said it had coffee like flavor. I wanted PB so I was
    disappointed.

  3. Trutein is a favorite, although lately I've been big on Mark Lobliner's MTS whey, lab results from a dude I trust and it tastes awesome and is well priced.
    Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Micah 7:8
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by tilldeath View Post
    Trutein is a favorite, although lately I've been big on Mark Lobliner's MTS whey, lab results from a dude I trust and it tastes awesome and is well priced.
    Was thinking bout trying that out. Big fan of lobiner. You use it post wo?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by tilldeath View Post
    Trutein is a favorite, although lately I've been big on Mark Lobliner's MTS whey, lab results from a dude I trust and it tastes awesome and is well priced.
    I'm a big vanilla fan and just curious if you have tried mr lobliner's MTS vanilla!

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Google Dymatize Protein Mint Recall . Failed to meet claims on label when tested.
    Not sure about the whole issue around dymatize, but Lobliner did an independent lab test on them and it lived up to the claims.
    Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Micah 7:8
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Haven't had the PB chocolate from Giant Sports but I know the cookie dough is fantastic, on my second 5 lb. tub of it now.

    Trutein is fantastic and my go to for snacks between meals, some flavors are better than others in water though. Cinnabon , vanilla and pumpkin pie are my favorites.

    That being said I always have their choc PB cup around as well. Don't like it in water but love it in oatmeal, ice cream, or milk.

    Peach mango is arriving for me this week, high hopes for that flavor as well
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Orbit Nutrition Representative; Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off at Orbit
    AnabolicMinds helper-outer-dude

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ndnguy85 View Post
    I think you are confusing QUALITY of protein with TYPE of protein. I don't think the discussion is whether isolates are better than concentrates...

    As far as quality isolates..I was going with IsoFlex from Allmax. I switched to blends for the past year (along with intermittent fasting). Trutein, Delicious Protein, Combat Powder, Protean, Hexapro...

    I just made an order on True Nutrition for the first time making my own blend based off trutein's. it's 20% egg white isolate, 30% whey isolate and 50% milk protein isolate (40% casein, 10% whey).

    EDIT: here's a link that you def read.

    What Are Good Sources of Protein? - Speed of Digestion Pt. 1 | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald
    I made something similar for my last order at TrueNutrition. 20% egg white, 25% complete milk dairy isolate (80% casein / 20% whey) and 55% WPI cold filtration. Final ratio is 60% WPI, 20% Casein, 20% Egg.
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Trutein
    Ultra peptid.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'm liking trutein lately. The Chocolate PB is nasty, but the two other flavors I tried were great, Pumpkin, and Cinabun.
    Cinnabun is absolutely amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by doodv1 View Post
    I've tried Vanilla and Cinnabun flavors from Trutein, it tastes very good.
    Desert!!

    Trutein every time!! They care about their customers, good company and great protein! No hype just a phenomenal product. In fact, it's always sold out everywhere!!!!
  10. Post


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    The height of the insulin curve is not as important as the AUC, which varies with the load rather than the index. So no, "speed" of absorption does not matter
    Speed of absorption hinders Bio-availability, correct? Pharmacokinetics?

  11. Good discussion in here...

    The biggest things I care about in a protein is purity and a blend. I personally use a blend of whey and casein post workout.

    I dont use a protein powder as my carb source. I just add in my own carbs. They are cheap.

    Sometimes I will just mix my whey and casein with 8-12oz of skim milk
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  12. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Good discussion in here...

    The biggest things I care about in a protein is purity and a blend. I personally use a blend of whey and casein post workout.

    I dont use a protein powder as my carb source. I just add in my own carbs. They are cheap.

    Sometimes I will just mix my whey and casein with 8-12oz of skim milk
    For sure:

    Doing a casein/whey mix with SAN's new proteins.

    Would like to include PES protein soon.
    EvoMuse

  13. A few years ago I used to buy 5lb of whey and 5lb of casein and would mix them post workout. Haven't bought a jug of casein for about 4 years now and always buy a protein with a blend. Just finished two jugs of Dymatize which were pretty good.

    I am sure PES Protein will take over for my protein powder needs when it comes out

  14. Musclefeast bulk protein, Trutein, Optimum Nutrition all quality protein sources.
    ANS Performance Rep.
    www.ansperformance.com / www.facebook.com/TeamANSPerformance
    RITUAL * HIT * FORTITUDE * DILATE

  15. I like to mix my proteins. I'll do XF Whey (Arctic Lemonade) mixed with a scoop of XF UP Lemon Cream Pie. This whey I get both my isolates, concentrates, and caseins. Plus it tastes good.

    I like mixing VPX SRO Graham Cracker with XP UP Cinnamon Roll. I like having whey too much fun.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by BigGame84 View Post
    I like to mix my proteins. I'll do XF Whey (Arctic Lemonade) mixed with a scoop of XF UP Lemon Cream Pie. This whey I get both my isolates, concentrates, and caseins. Plus it tastes good.

    I like mixing VPX SRO Graham Cracker with XP UP Cinnamon Roll. I like having whey too much fun.
    I see what you did there
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."

  17. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post

    Hmmm i didnt see that one
    It was in Europe. Why I don't like about the Dymatize issue is they post the test, and where it was tested, but not why and what company sent the bottles to the testing company.

    Was it a competitor? Was it truly Dymatizes product.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  18. Jist5 get protein from your food! Cheaper an better

  19. Trutein's blend.

    Name:  sustainedreleasechart.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  13.7 KB

  20. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    For sure:

    Doing a casein/whey mix with SAN's new proteins.

    Would like to include PES protein soon.
    With time! Got so much we are working on. We nailed down one flavor...working on a second
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  21. WPC is arguably the best protein source as it has the most peptide fractions.



    Look into PROnom, excellent flavors, no added glycine/taurine to pad the numbers. Good number of servings as well
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com

  22. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post

    With time! Got so much we are working on. We nailed down one flavor...working on a second
    Did this white tubs on Facebook contain flavoring samples?

    Or, a new product?

    Either way, put me down for a truck load.

    Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    WPC is arguably the best protein source as it has the most peptide fractions.

    Look into PROnom, excellent flavors, no added glycine/taurine to pad the numbers. Good number of servings as well
    It's cheaper, too. If one doesn't have any lactose problems, it is really the best value option (instead of purchasing a pure isolate product).
    EvoMuse

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    WPC is arguably the best protein source as it has the most peptide fractions.



    Look into PROnom, excellent flavors, no added glycine/taurine to pad the numbers. Good number of servings as well
    WPC Doesn't hold a candle to what MPI offers (best of both worlds) and comparing differences between WPC and WPI is splitting hairs..

  24. Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    WPC Doesn't hold a candle to what MPI offers (best of both worlds) and comparing differences between WPC and WPI is splitting hairs..
    Speaking of splitting hairs
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    Look into PROnom, excellent flavors, no added glycine/taurine to pad the numbers. Good number of servings as well
    But what is up with the first ingredient under "other ingredients":

    Nutritional Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Mono & Diglycerides, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tri-Calcium Phosphate and Tocopherols)

    This is the 3rd "trick" lobbied in the first post that some sneaky/bad proteins include:

    "3. Many add creamers, corn syrup, corn starch, glucose polymers etc which are generally bad for your health"

    Googling Corn Syrup Solids, I read the following in a link:

    Corn syrup, corn syrup solids, and high fructose corn syrup (as well as crystalline fructose) are all made from corn, and bottom line, all are sugar. So, first off, because theyíre sugar, my opinion is that they are all damaging to your health, just because sugar is so damaging.

    Each of these ingredients will give you cravings for more sugar, and foods that list high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, or fructose as one of their top 4 ingredients are overeating traps. These ingredients actually interfere with a hormone that tells your brain that youíre full! Therefore, itís very common to overeat on foods that contain HFCS (or even the latter two).

    Actually, in my experience, itís easy to overeat on foods that contain any kind of processed sugar, or even foods high in natural sugar. The difference with HFCS, corn syrup, and fructose is that they stop the communication between your stomach and your brain until itís too late and youíve already overeaten.

  26. You have yet to realize that the first post is marketing material by a company in this thread, not an actual scientific publication.


    That scientific correlation is tenuous at best, even HFCS has been shown to be metabolized in a similar manner as regular fructose.
    Last edited by Powercage; 05-30-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: edited for clarification
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    You have yet to realize that the first post is marketing material by a company in this thread, not an actual scientific publication.


    That scientific correlation is tenuous at best, even HFCS has been shown to be metabolized in the same manner as regular sugar.
    Actually the first post in the thread is my own, and I'm unaffiliated with anyone. I RECEIVED some marketing material, but was interested not in that particular company's product until it hits the market more and I see pricing and feedback, but in searching the full gamut of the market to see what "healthy" protein powders are already out & are being sold vs. those which use tricks and bad ingredients in their formulas.

    I'm sitting on 2 powders that I'm no longer going to use because of the crap I found in them once I actually knew enough to look at the "other ingredients". I only bought them because they were on sale. Now I'm more focused on finding an inexpensive, healthy protein powder.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by DCbuilder View Post
    Actually the first post in the thread is my own, and I'm unaffiliated with anyone. I RECEIVED some marketing material, but was interested not in that particular company's product until it hits the market more and I see pricing and feedback, but in searching the full gamut of the market to see what "healthy" protein powders are already out & are being sold vs. those which use tricks and bad ingredients in their formulas.

    I'm sitting on 2 powders that I'm no longer going to use because of the crap I found in them once I actually knew enough to look at the "other ingredients". I only bought them because they were on sale. Now I'm more focused on finding an inexpensive, healthy protein powder.


    I would be very careful in blindly accepting vague information from a marketing publication as fact.

    If you want a "natural" protein, you should really go Kaizen.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    I would be very careful in blindly accepting vague information from a marketing publication as fact.

    If you want a "natural" protein, you should really go Kaizen.
    I hear you on that, but still, I know barely enough to know that if there are options aside from voluntarily ingesting corn syrup, I'll probably try to find an alternative. Not that I didn't ingest it before, the protein I have now has it in there. But I'd rather avoid it if possible.

    In terms of Kaizen, I'll look into it. First search came back that they sell it in Canadian Costcos and I'm seeing some version being sold in *** for $80/5 lbs. Are there any other options to purchase it if you are aware?

  30. Quote Originally Posted by DCbuilder View Post
    I hear you on that, but still, I know barely enough to know that if there are options aside from voluntarily ingesting corn syrup, I'll probably try to find an alternative. Not that I didn't ingest it before, the protein I have now has it in there. But I'd rather avoid it if possible.

    In terms of Kaizen, I'll look into it. First search came back that they sell it in Canadian Costcos and I'm seeing some version being sold in *** for $80/5 lbs. Are there any other options to purchase it if you are aware?
    None that I trust that I can think of off hand
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com

  31. MRM Natural Whey is an option.

  32. Heavily marketed products with long write ups should always get extra scrutiny from consumers. Over the years, I have found that some of the simplest and least marketed products and ingredients are usually the hidden gems that give the most bang for the buck.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    The Giant Sports choco PB kicks ass!
    agreed

  34. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    agreed
    Basically fails all 3. 1st ingredient is misc WPC, includes Taurine as its next largest ingredient aside from protein, and has corn syrup solids

  35. Quote Originally Posted by DCbuilder View Post
    Basically fails all 3. 1st ingredient is misc WPC, includes Taurine as its next largest ingredient aside from protein, and has corn syrup solids


    These are extremely poor criteria for judging how good a protein is. Many of the best on the market use WPC.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    These are extremely poor criteria for judging how good a protein is. Many of the best on the market use WPC.
    Not saying its perfect. But it's 3 criteria. From a health perspective, what would 3 from you be? And not all WPC = bad, several mentioned in this thread as quality powders have WPC as #1 but still look great.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    I would be very careful in blindly accepting vague information from a marketing publication as fact.

    If you want a "natural" protein, you should really go Kaizen.

    what was vague?

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    These are extremely poor criteria for judging how good a protein is. Many of the best on the market use WPC.

    What is good criteria?

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    You have yet to realize that the first post is marketing material by a company in this thread, not an actual scientific publication.


    That scientific correlation is tenuous at best, even HFCS has been shown to be metabolized in the same manner as regular sugar.
    Are you sure?

    before i go on, What is "regular sugar"?

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    Speaking of splitting hairs
    How so? Digestion rates are totally different and so is composition. Reduce some of the fat and lactose from WPC and you have WPI.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. digestive enzymes for protein powder?
    By Number 5 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 11:53 PM
  2. Can protein powder go bad?
    By Rock Lee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 11:20 PM
  3. A good weight gainer and protein powder
    By drei in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2003, 10:36 PM
  4. Cooking w/ Protein Powder
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 01:46 AM
  5. best protein powder brand and type?
    By Jfcripped21 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Log in
Log in