Quality Protein Powder

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. I've tried Vanilla and Cinnabun flavors from Trutein, it tastes very good.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
    Ah crap! I just ordered the chocolate PB.

I'm sure you can get it changed before it ships. If you email now maybe you can catch them before they ship it out. Still though some people might like that flavor. I just thought it was gross. Didn't taste like Chocolate or Peanut Butter to me.
    •   

3. I'm a big fan of Trutein Vanilla. Just can't go wrong with Vanilla. Straight Whey protein breaks me out and I itch real bad. Hate it because I use to really like a Whey shake prior to working out. Took me while to figure out it was the Whey causing it too.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/255232-turff49-quest-success.html#post4620379

4. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post

It was their gourmet cookies and creme bars
    Google Dymatize Protein Mint Recall . Failed to meet claims on label when tested.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

Google Dymatize Protein Mint Recall . Failed to meet claims on label when tested.
    Hmmm i didnt see that one
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com
    •   

6. I've had 2 bad containers of Dymatize Elite Gourmet PB Choc one of them I purchased and the
    other was a replacement container sent to me by Dymatize and it was also bad.
    I do have a container of Trutein banana chocolate dipped and it taste fantastic and this flavor has been
    discontinued but I posted a review for it somewhere else and the True Science rep said they will be making
    a limited quantity of this flavor again so this is definitely a good flavor to pick up.

7. I want to try the trutein Shamrock shake. It was only limited edition though. Maybe it will be back.

8. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'm sure you can get it changed before it ships. If you email now maybe you can catch them before they ship it out. Still though some people might like that flavor. I just thought it was gross. Didn't taste like Chocolate or Peanut Butter to me.
    The Giant Sports choco PB kicks ass!

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    mike at competitiveedgelabs dot com

9. Quote Originally Posted by mike0589 View Post
    This.

Hydrolysates > Isolates > Concentrates.
    I think you are confusing QUALITY of protein with TYPE of protein. I don't think the discussion is whether isolates are better than concentrates...

As far as quality isolates..I was going with IsoFlex from Allmax. I switched to blends for the past year (along with intermittent fasting). Trutein, Delicious Protein, Combat Powder, Protean, Hexapro...

I just made an order on True Nutrition for the first time making my own blend based off trutein's. it's 20% egg white isolate, 30% whey isolate and 50% milk protein isolate (40% casein, 10% whey).

EDIT: here's a link that you def read.

What Are Good Sources of Protein? - Speed of Digestion Pt. 1 | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

10. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I want to try the trutein Shamrock shake. It was only limited edition though. Maybe it will be back.
    I have a jug if it. Pretty tasty. I'd send ya a sample but not sure how that would work.
  11. quality protein powder

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    The Giant Sports choco PB kicks ass!
    I have 2 containers of the Giant Sports PB Choc and it taste unique but
    it taste nothing like PB and I did a taste test with a few people and no one
    guessed PB everyone said it had coffee like flavor. I wanted PB so I was
    disappointed.

12. Trutein is a favorite, although lately I've been big on Mark Lobliner's MTS whey, lab results from a dude I trust and it tastes awesome and is well priced.
    Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Micah 7:8

13. Quote Originally Posted by tilldeath View Post
    Trutein is a favorite, although lately I've been big on Mark Lobliner's MTS whey, lab results from a dude I trust and it tastes awesome and is well priced.
    Was thinking bout trying that out. Big fan of lobiner. You use it post wo?

14. Quote Originally Posted by tilldeath View Post
    Trutein is a favorite, although lately I've been big on Mark Lobliner's MTS whey, lab results from a dude I trust and it tastes awesome and is well priced.
    I'm a big vanilla fan and just curious if you have tried mr lobliner's MTS vanilla!
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

15. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Not sure about the whole issue around dymatize, but Lobliner did an independent lab test on them and it lived up to the claims.
    Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Micah 7:8
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Haven't had the PB chocolate from Giant Sports but I know the cookie dough is fantastic, on my second 5 lb. tub of it now.

Trutein is fantastic and my go to for snacks between meals, some flavors are better than others in water though. Cinnabon , vanilla and pumpkin pie are my favorites.

That being said I always have their choc PB cup around as well. Don't like it in water but love it in oatmeal, ice cream, or milk.

Peach mango is arriving for me this week, high hopes for that flavor as well
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

17. Quote Originally Posted by ndnguy85 View Post
    I think you are confusing QUALITY of protein with TYPE of protein. I don't think the discussion is whether isolates are better than concentrates...

As far as quality isolates..I was going with IsoFlex from Allmax. I switched to blends for the past year (along with intermittent fasting). Trutein, Delicious Protein, Combat Powder, Protean, Hexapro...

I just made an order on True Nutrition for the first time making my own blend based off trutein's. it's 20% egg white isolate, 30% whey isolate and 50% milk protein isolate (40% casein, 10% whey).

EDIT: here's a link that you def read.

What Are Good Sources of Protein? - Speed of Digestion Pt. 1 | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald
    I made something similar for my last order at TrueNutrition. 20% egg white, 25% complete milk dairy isolate (80% casein / 20% whey) and 55% WPI cold filtration. Final ratio is 60% WPI, 20% Casein, 20% Egg.

18. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Trutein
    Ultra peptid.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'm liking trutein lately. The Chocolate PB is nasty, but the two other flavors I tried were great, Pumpkin, and Cinabun.
    Cinnabun is absolutely amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by doodv1 View Post
    I've tried Vanilla and Cinnabun flavors from Trutein, it tastes very good.
    Desert!!

Trutein every time!! They care about their customers, good company and great protein! No hype just a phenomenal product. In fact, it's always sold out everywhere!!!!
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position
  19. Post

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    The height of the insulin curve is not as important as the AUC, which varies with the load rather than the index. So no, "speed" of absorption does not matter
    Speed of absorption hinders Bio-availability, correct? Pharmacokinetics?

20. Good discussion in here...

The biggest things I care about in a protein is purity and a blend. I personally use a blend of whey and casein post workout.

I dont use a protein powder as my carb source. I just add in my own carbs. They are cheap.

Sometimes I will just mix my whey and casein with 8-12oz of skim milk
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

21. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Good discussion in here...

The biggest things I care about in a protein is purity and a blend. I personally use a blend of whey and casein post workout.

I dont use a protein powder as my carb source. I just add in my own carbs. They are cheap.

Sometimes I will just mix my whey and casein with 8-12oz of skim milk
    For sure:

Doing a casein/whey mix with SAN's new proteins.

Would like to include PES protein soon.
    EvoMuse

22. A few years ago I used to buy 5lb of whey and 5lb of casein and would mix them post workout. Haven't bought a jug of casein for about 4 years now and always buy a protein with a blend. Just finished two jugs of Dymatize which were pretty good.

I am sure PES Protein will take over for my protein powder needs when it comes out

23. Musclefeast bulk protein, Trutein, Optimum Nutrition all quality protein sources.

24. I like to mix my proteins. I'll do XF Whey (Arctic Lemonade) mixed with a scoop of XF UP Lemon Cream Pie. This whey I get both my isolates, concentrates, and caseins. Plus it tastes good.

I like mixing VPX SRO Graham Cracker with XP UP Cinnamon Roll. I like having whey too much fun.

25. Quote Originally Posted by BigGame84 View Post
    I like to mix my proteins. I'll do XF Whey (Arctic Lemonade) mixed with a scoop of XF UP Lemon Cream Pie. This whey I get both my isolates, concentrates, and caseins. Plus it tastes good.

I like mixing VPX SRO Graham Cracker with XP UP Cinnamon Roll. I like having whey too much fun.
    I see what you did there
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

26. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post

Hmmm i didnt see that one
    It was in Europe. Why I don't like about the Dymatize issue is they post the test, and where it was tested, but not why and what company sent the bottles to the testing company.

Was it a competitor? Was it truly Dymatizes product.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

27. Jist5 get protein from your food! Cheaper an better

28. Trutein's blend.

Name:  sustainedreleasechart.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  13.7 KB

29. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    For sure:

Doing a casein/whey mix with SAN's new proteins.

Would like to include PES protein soon.
    With time! Got so much we are working on. We nailed down one flavor...working on a second
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. digestive enzymes for protein powder?
    By Number 5 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 11:53 PM
  2. Can protein powder go bad?
    By Rock Lee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 11:20 PM
  3. A good weight gainer and protein powder
    By drei in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2003, 10:36 PM
  4. Cooking w/ Protein Powder