carb blocking

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
is there a supplement on the market which blocks cravings for carbs and or sugars. i have an extremely hard time stopping myself for reaching for the cheese bread or snickers bar. i work for a grocery store and am constantly surrounded by it. any ideas?

Younglifter16

Awards
structuring your diet goes along way in controlling blood glucose levels.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes. I use this thing called "discipline" to block sugar. Works awesome.

There aren't shortcuts, get your diet right.

mik14

mik14

Awards
Even if there was a decent sup you would want to take that the rest of your life to stop craving.

Discipline and a healthy diet will form a good habit....soon enough you will chose a banana/turkey breast etc over a chocolate bar.

Discipline your self and you won't need to cheat yourself!

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
is there a supplement on the market which blocks cravings for carbs and or sugars. i have an extremely hard time stopping myself for reaching for the cheese bread or snickers bar. i work for a grocery store and am constantly surrounded by it. any ideas?

Yes,no,kind of..

Look at 5htp and structured diet to control appetite...

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Yes. I use this thing called "discipline" to block sugar. Works awesome.

There aren't shortcuts, get your diet right.
i knew that was coming. tough love i guess. discipline it is....ill just pocket the 50.00 i would have possibly spent

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spend it on 6 bottom round steaks, 6 packets of Easy Sides basmati rice, a couple gallons of Crystal Light, and 1 small tub of Cool Whip if you get a monster craving.

Look, in the trash can...it's diet regret! All gone, bro.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Op, i like you would killer for a carb blocker. I wish there was a pill we could take that would turn our intestines off from absorbing whatever we eat for like a 1 hour period haha. I wouldnt even care if i had to sit on the toilet while eating cause it passes right through! I just love to eat! But we are **** outa luck on this one :(

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
An appetite suppressant would be your only real option.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, it's not an intestinal carb-blocker, but SGLT2 inhibitors have been a subject of some excitement in the field of diabetic research...

Canaglifozin was recent approved conditionally for use in the U.S. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canagliflozin

It blocks the renal re-absorption of glucose, so you literally pee out a portion of excess carbs.
Hmm interesting. Going to do some research on that!

Mike

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Well, it's not an intestinal carb-blocker, but SGLT2 inhibitors have been a subject of some excitement in the field of diabetic research...

Canaglifozin was recent approved conditionally for use in the U.S. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canagliflozin

It blocks the renal re-absorption of glucose, so you literally pee out a portion of excess carbs.
great info now thats what im talkin about