Best Noot for Contact Sports? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Best Noot for Contact Sports?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I'll be back I may have misread in that focus thread...

I wasn't being argumentative... and by haven't noticed anything I meant increases in any sort of mental aspect - studying, memory, ease of speech etc... not in an acute "feeling" setting.
    Same with me, no increase in test either, I have blood test showing it didn't effect at all...

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I can't multi-quote, but nootropics aren't all about feel. Activation of the NMDA receptor promotes a variety of integral brain functions.

I have a lot of respect for PA but I'd love to hear his rebuttal about why DAA can't act as a nootropic.
    PA said this

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    D-serine would be preferable because it accumulates in the appropriate areas of the brain. DAA is more specific for hormone related areas
    after you said DAA and Judo posted a study on DAA agonism... maybe he has furthered his studies on it and found something more specific? I don't know I'm just adding to the discussion...
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    PA said this

after you said DAA and Judo posted a study on DAA agonism... maybe he has furthered his studies on it and found something more specific? I don't know I'm just adding to the discussion...
    I don't think Patrick was dismissing DAA, looks like he was saying that D-Serine is superior to DAA in this regard . Some people also believe that sarcosine (the other ingredient in Testforce 2) is a better nootropic than D-Serine and DAA, its moa also revolves around the NMDA receptor . So right on wrong it does seem that Patrick has spent alot of time researching this area
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mike0589 View Post
    Were you stacking DAA with anything else?
    yea with erase. so i don't know definitively which was the cause but i wouldn't expect an estrogen reducing drug to cause anxiety.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    For your goals:

-ALCAR (reaction time) or CDP-Choline
    -Tyrosine (less hesitation) or L-Dopa
    -DAA (performance under pressure, confidence boost)
    -Caffeine of course
    ALCAR is great for memory I have No experience with CDP - choline.
    -I may not have noticed an improvement with reaction time as I used ALCAR long term (on a short break )

I have never used Tyrosine but happen to have 200Gs from nutra in opened.
    -dose? Daily or pre event?
    -benefits?

DAA is great. I didn't want this to be about test boosting/ph which is why I dodged this topic. That's aggression. I want to be smarter and think quicker.
    -LGs old prework out had a small amount of DAA for nootropic effects. I remember doing research back then on the topic. Agree 100% here

Caffine is the most proven "supplement" for athletic enhancement (only possibly *****ed by creatine)
    - what about ephedrine INSTEAD I don't want to speed my heart rate to much from stims. Lots of running.
  6. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    ALCAR is great for memory I have No experience with CDP - choline.
    -I may not have noticed an improvement with reaction time as I used ALCAR long term (on a short break )

I have never used Tyrosine but happen to have 200Gs from nutra in opened.
    -dose? Daily or pre event?
    -benefits?

DAA is great. I didn't want this to be about test boosting/ph which is why I dodged this topic. That's aggression. I want to be smarter and think quicker.
    -LGs old prework out had a small amount of DAA for nootropic effects. I remember doing research back then on the topic. Agree 100% here

Caffine is the most proven "supplement" for athletic enhancement (only possibly *****ed by creatine)
    - what about ephedrine INSTEAD I don't want to speed my heart rate to much from stims. Lots of running.
    Yeah you wanna use ALCAR for 1-2 months daily.

Tyrosine is great at 1-3 grams. It helps performance under stress with lots of data to boot.

Nothing makes you smarter but DAA should indeed improve various cognitive faculties.

Caffeine > ephedrine. And I meant caffeine for its nootropic benefits...it is fantastic for mental performance
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

have no idea what contact sports you're doing, but if its mma i wouldn't even think of doing ephedrine, while the stand up game might improve, you get taken down and face someone with a good top game/ a jiu jitsu practitioner who plays a heavy top game, and ephedrine isnt going to be a good thing.

and if you're doing this on a professional level, there is a limit on how much caffeine can be in ur system, look up your states Athletic Commission before pop'ing some caffeine.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/iForce-Nutrition/107510095952360
    iTrain...iCompete...iDarce!
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

The only thing attractive about ephedrine is makes it easier to breath especially 100C 12.5e (lower dose).
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The only thing attractive about ephedrine is makes it easier to breath especially 100C 12.5e (lower dose).
    look into cordyceps.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/iForce-Nutrition/107510095952360
    iTrain...iCompete...iDarce!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  151 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thedarce View Post
    look into cordyceps.
    Cordyceps work completely different than Ephedrine. Substituting one with the other will not have the same effect.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

I have used many different cordycepts products many times. Ephedrine and cordycepts are both off topic though. That's my bad.

Would thyrosine be taken daily or as needed?
  12. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have used many different cordycepts products many times. Ephedrine and cordycepts are both off topic though. That's my bad.

Would thyrosine be taken daily or as needed?
    Taken both ways. When needed, 3 to 5g
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Thanks. Looking to figure things out soon and keep reporting back
  14. Jag
    Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinterguy4 View Post
    Personally I like Focus XT+Fish Oil+Aniracetam+choline for pickup basketball and touch football games it makes me analytical and helps me get in the game
    That combo looks good. Love Ani, always use fish oil and right now i'm using Choline, Inositol and Ubiquinol which is making feel pretty good mentally and physically and very productive at work. Not sure if they are classified as noots though.

Never thought of DAA as a noot before but now it's mentioned I definitely notice a cognitive thing during my am workouts.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best Cycle for 6-Oxo
    By Kühn in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2013, 10:25 AM
  2. Best steroid for endurance sports..
    By anaboliclife in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 10:20 AM
  3. Best PH for recovery / sports
    By ifbod in forum Anabolics