Best Noot for Contact Sports?

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Here at AM we are very big on sports performance and lately Nootropics have become very popular. I have seen little discussion regarding Noots outside of studying purposes. What would be good Nootropics to use to gain a "mental performance edge" in sports, specifically contact sports?

ALCAR - in my experience great for memory and helped for work, did not do much for sports.
Sulbutiamine - This was much more helpful for sports and so far my favorite one. Increased reaction time and clear headed.
Focus Dirt - This made me more sensitive to stimulants, I try to keep any stimulants to a minimum (increased heart rate can hurt performance/endurance). Better for work/studying in my opinion.

This is the extent of my experience, I am hoping other will contribute.

Effects to look for (add to this list)
Reduced hesitation
clear minded
Improved reaction time
better/faster judgement
confidence boost could be one?
fast "analytical skills"

D

Drock1234

Awards
ALCAR should have helped achieve the objectives you stated. How much did you take?

Look into:
Choline
Glucuronolactone
DAA

Not sure what level you compete at so my suggestions may not be compliant with some governing bodies.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
DAA is included but its not so much a nootropic.

Glucuronolactone is a good suggestion too.

D

Drock1234

Awards
DAA is a nootropic. And some get confidence boosts from it too.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Noopept.
Any racetam will help really
Alpha GPC at min 600mg
Citicholine
Alcar
Dmae

List goes on

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If these are your ingredient recommendations I suggest looking into Focus XT™ as it contains a few of the ingredients discussed here.

lpfleiderer

lpfleiderer

Awards
Here at AM we are very big on sports performance and lately Nootropics have become very popular. I have seen little discussion regarding Noots outside of studying purposes. What would be good Nootropics to use to gain a "mental performance edge" in sports, specifically contact sports? ALCAR - in my experience great for memory and helped for work, did not do much for sports.Sulbutiamine - This was much more helpful for sports and so far my favorite one. Increased reaction time and clear headed.Focus Dirt - This made me more sensitive to stimulants, I try to keep any stimulants to a minimum (increased heart rate can hurt performance/endurance). Better for work/studying in my opinion.This is the extent of my experience, I am hoping other will contribute.Effects to look for (add to this list)Reduced hesitationclear mindedImproved reaction timebetter/faster judgementconfidence boost could be one?fast "analytical skills"
I know your looking for a Nootropic, but all the Effects you are looking for, I experience when I take AndroDrive by Primordial Performance. Most people run a cycle, but I felt the most effects when I took it an hour before exercise, any day I needed it. They no longer make it anymore, but there is a very similar product on the market called Focus by AndroFactory. I would at least give it a look. Cheers, Luke

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Focus XT is awesome in its own right.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
I know your looking for a Nootropic, but all the Effects you are looking for, I experience when I take AndroDrive by Primordial Performance. Most people run a cycle, but I felt the most effects when I took it an hour before exercise, any day I needed it. They no longer make it anymore, but there is a very similar product on the market called Focus by AndroFactory. I would at least give it a look. Cheers, Luke
I think it might be safe to assume that since he is looking for noots for sports that he is apart of NCAA or another governing body in which most prohormones are illegal.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I'm not personally interested in PHs but also do not have to worry about any governing bodies.

Others reading the thread may be interested in PHs or have to report to a governing body so as long as posts remain clear regarding things of that
nature I think they are relevant for discussion.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Noopept.
Any racetam will help really
Alpha GPC at min 600mg
Citicholine
Alcar
Dmae

List goes on
Is that dose of A-GPC split daily (~300mg twice daily)? Citicoline is about the same dose, correct?

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
Personally I like Focus XT+Fish Oil+Aniracetam+choline for pickup basketball and touch football games it makes me analytical and helps me get in the game

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I know very little and have no experience with ractams

What where your experiences with huperazine a?

C

cjwav34

Awards
I know very little and have no experience with ractams

What where your experiences with huperazine a?
Huperzine A is more for memory support. 100-200mcg is a typical dose.

ALCAR
CDP Choline
Glucuronolactone
Alpha GPC
Racetam(s)
Ephedrine
Caffeine

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established

ALCAR
CDP Choline
Glucuronolactone
Alpha GPC
Racetam(s)
Ephedrine
Caffeine
I agree with a low dose of E/C to help endurance. Glucuronolactone + 1-Carboxy has always worked very well for me. I am going to look into alpha GPC a little bit now too.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards

ALCAR
CDP Choline
Glucuronolactone
Alpha GPC
Racetam(s)
Ephedrine
Caffeine
You reproduced my list lol

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards

ALCAR
CDP Choline
Glucuronolactone
Alpha GPC
Racetam(s)
Ephedrine
Caffeine
You reproduced my list lol

lpfleiderer

lpfleiderer

Awards
I'm not personally interested in PHs but also do not have to worry about any governing bodies.

Others reading the thread may be interested in PHs or have to report to a governing body so as long as posts remain clear regarding things of that
nature I think they are relevant for discussion.
Ok, so thats a no for AndroDrive. One product that gives me an edge when Cycling or at MMA practice is called Drive by AppNut. Funny coincidence they both have drive in the name lol. Gives me a definite edge you were speaking of, lots of endurance, confidence, reduced hesitation. It doesn't give any mental focus, but the performance edge is there. Stacking Drive with Focus XT would probably give you effects close to what you are looking for. (there is a caffeine free Focus-XT if you dont want stims.) Just my 2 cents.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I have used drive a while ago. Rpm is still my favorite pre work out ever. But that's more stim/test booster than nootropic.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Focus xt is good I have used that before. If it was on sale I would pick more up for work. It didnt do well for me pre work out or any thing active personally.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
I have used drive a while ago. Rpm is still my favorite pre work out ever. But that's more stim/test booster than nootropic.
RPM is great for a night out also.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
For your goals:

-ALCAR (reaction time) or CDP-Choline
-Tyrosine (less hesitation) or L-Dopa
-DAA (performance under pressure, confidence boost)
-Caffeine of course

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
For your goals:

-Caffeine of course
Mr calm, collected and confidence.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Funny, I never felt anything with DAA..?
Coop is a big advocate on DAA for that. I think Patrickarnold had a rebuttal to why coop mentioned DAA as a noot type supp but the convo never continued.

I like you, have never noticed any sort of cognitive effects when using DAA.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Coop is a big advocate on DAA for that. I think @Patrickarnold had a rebuttal to why coop mentioned DAA as a noot type supp but the convo never continued.

I can't multi-quote, but nootropics aren't all about feel. Activation of the NMDA receptor promotes a variety of integral brain functions.

I have a lot of respect for PA but I'd love to hear his rebuttal about why DAA can't act as a nootropic.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't multi-quote, but nootropics aren't all about feel. Activation of the NMDA receptor promotes a variety of integral brain functions.

I have a lot of respect for PA but I'd love to hear his rebuttal about why DAA can't act as a nootropic.
Why does it act as a noot? Daa that is. I load before exams, just curious as to how it works as a noot and not just a test. booster

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Why does it act as a noot? Daa that is. I load before exams, just curious as to how it works as a noot and not just a test. booster
It is an NMDA receptor agonist. The NMDA receptor is arguably the king of all nootropic targets: it promotes Hebbian learning, LTP, performance under stress, and more.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is an NMDA receptor agonist. The NMDA receptor is arguably the king of all nootropic targets: it promotes Hebbian learning, LTP, performance under stress, and more.
Thanks for the crash course coop. Much appreciated.

mike0589

mike0589

Awards
Alpha GPC + Cholin citrate + Ephedrine GREATLY improved my reaction time coming out of the blocks.

If you're looking for explosiveness, stick with those.

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
I took ephedrine with focus-xt last week before a game of football and pulled off some pretty crazy catches that I would normally have never made. I didn't "feel" the Focus-Xt but have no doubt that my coordination was improved

Synthesis

Synthesis

Awards
Coop is a big advocate on DAA for that. I think Patrickarnold had a rebuttal to why coop mentioned DAA as a noot type supp but the convo never continued.

Patrick talked about this in his blog a while back:

patrick arnold blog d-aspartic-acid-can-it-make-you-smarter

"All this data represents intriguing evidence that d-aspartic acid might serve an integral role in learning and memory formation, and hints at the possibility of d-aspartic acid being exploited as a natural cognitive enhancing supplement. Based on the information provided in the study, a human equivalency dose is calculated to come out to be around 2-2.5 grams a day (most d-aspartic supplements provide around 3 grams a day.)
So does d-aspartic acid have a cognitive enhancement effect on humans? A carefully controlled study would be needed to answer that question for sure, but right now feedback from users of my d-aspartic acid product (E-Pharm Testforce2) seems to indicate a subjective “brain boosting” effect. Hopefully some more research into this intriguing aspect of d-aspartic acid will be undertaken and more papers will be published in the future"

I

icecold9487

Awards
daa significantly increased my anxiety making me seem dumber in social situations

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I'll be back I may have misread in that focus thread...

I wasn't being argumentative... and by haven't noticed anything I meant increases in any sort of mental aspect - studying, memory, ease of speech etc... not in an acute "feeling" setting.

A

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I'll be back I may have misread in that focus thread...

I wasn't being argumentative... and by haven't noticed anything I meant increases in any sort of mental aspect - studying, memory, ease of speech etc... not in an acute "feeling" setting.
Same with me, no increase in test either, I have blood test showing it didn't effect at all...

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

PA said this

D-serine would be preferable because it accumulates in the appropriate areas of the brain. DAA is more specific for hormone related areas
after you said DAA and Judo posted a study on DAA agonism... maybe he has furthered his studies on it and found something more specific? I don't know I'm just adding to the discussion...

Synthesis

Synthesis

Awards
PA said this

after you said DAA and Judo posted a study on DAA agonism... maybe he has furthered his studies on it and found something more specific? I don't know I'm just adding to the discussion...
I don't think Patrick was dismissing DAA, looks like he was saying that D-Serine is superior to DAA in this regard . Some people also believe that sarcosine (the other ingredient in Testforce 2) is a better nootropic than D-Serine and DAA, its moa also revolves around the NMDA receptor . So right on wrong it does seem that Patrick has spent alot of time researching this area

I

icecold9487

Awards
Were you stacking DAA with anything else?
yea with erase. so i don't know definitively which was the cause but i wouldn't expect an estrogen reducing drug to cause anxiety.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
For your goals:

-Caffeine of course
ALCAR is great for memory I have No experience with CDP - choline.
-I may not have noticed an improvement with reaction time as I used ALCAR long term (on a short break )

I have never used Tyrosine but happen to have 200Gs from nutra in opened.
-dose? Daily or pre event?
-benefits?

DAA is great. I didn't want this to be about test boosting/ph which is why I dodged this topic. That's aggression. I want to be smarter and think quicker.
-LGs old prework out had a small amount of DAA for nootropic effects. I remember doing research back then on the topic. Agree 100% here

Caffine is the most proven "supplement" for athletic enhancement (only possibly *****ed by creatine)
- what about ephedrine INSTEAD I don't want to speed my heart rate to much from stims. Lots of running.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
ALCAR is great for memory I have No experience with CDP - choline.
-I may not have noticed an improvement with reaction time as I used ALCAR long term (on a short break )

I have never used Tyrosine but happen to have 200Gs from nutra in opened.
-dose? Daily or pre event?
-benefits?

DAA is great. I didn't want this to be about test boosting/ph which is why I dodged this topic. That's aggression. I want to be smarter and think quicker.
-LGs old prework out had a small amount of DAA for nootropic effects. I remember doing research back then on the topic. Agree 100% here

Caffine is the most proven "supplement" for athletic enhancement (only possibly *****ed by creatine)
- what about ephedrine INSTEAD I don't want to speed my heart rate to much from stims. Lots of running.
Yeah you wanna use ALCAR for 1-2 months daily.

Tyrosine is great at 1-3 grams. It helps performance under stress with lots of data to boot.

Nothing makes you smarter but DAA should indeed improve various cognitive faculties.

Caffeine > ephedrine. And I meant caffeine for its nootropic benefits...it is fantastic for mental performance

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
have no idea what contact sports you're doing, but if its mma i wouldn't even think of doing ephedrine, while the stand up game might improve, you get taken down and face someone with a good top game/ a jiu jitsu practitioner who plays a heavy top game, and ephedrine isnt going to be a good thing.

and if you're doing this on a professional level, there is a limit on how much caffeine can be in ur system, look up your states Athletic Commission before pop'ing some caffeine.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
The only thing attractive about ephedrine is makes it easier to breath especially 100C 12.5e (lower dose).