BCAA hmm

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Hi guys, ok so I normally take a Protein shake whey witch has Bcaa in it but was told its not the same, are they worth getting guys? Honestly will they show any diff rents or do anything different ? If so witch ones are good? Powder or pill form and should I take them when I wake up with my shake and while I work out? Thanks

theOCdude

theOCdude

Awards
Hi guys, ok so I normally take a Protein shake whey witch has Bcaa in it but was told its not the same, are they worth getting guys? Honestly will they show any diff rents or do anything different ? If so witch ones are good? Powder or pill form and should I take them when I wake up with my shake and while I work out? Thanks
I asked a question similar and I was suggested to take them pre or intra wo and I have been taking them pre wo with a scoop of whey and I feel like my stamina has gone up a little and my recovery time has also gone up.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
I asked a question similar and I was suggested to take them pre or intra wo and I have been taking them pre wo with a scoop of whey and I feel like my stamina has gone up a little and my recovery time has also gone up.
Hmm ok so what about strange gains? Or muscle ?

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bcaa's are awesome to sip on during a lifting session. I like usplabs Bcaa it also has electrolytes so you can go longer in the gym. Isn't a staple supplement but it is sure nice to have.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't waste my money on BCAAs unless I was cutting. Leucine is a great alternative when bulking, and cheaper. SNS makes a 500g tub

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I had to choose between protein powder or bcaa's, I'd choose protein powder. The addition of free form BCAA's will be fine though. Having some BCAA's when fasted, or pre/post workout will be beneficial, especially with a high ratio of luecine to isoluecine/valine. Pills are garbage. I don't feel like cramming down 10 pills just for 5g of BCAA's. Something like nutraplanets bulk modern BCAA or usplabs BCAA would be a good supplement. If you're looking for straight post workout though, I'd stick with just protein and carbs. I'd rather blow money on that than BCAA's. I do however purchase NPs Bulk BCAA when the prices are right.

Edit: What Warbird said.

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards
Bcaa's are awesome to sip on during a lifting session. I like usplabs Bcaa it also has electrolytes so you can go longer in the gym. Isn't a staple supplement but it is sure nice to have.
2nd the Modern BCAA. Use 5g pre & 10g intra during fasted workouts & definitely help me with endurance & pushing through some hard workouts.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i doubt you would notice a big difference but i love them pre/intra/post.... modern is good to go, purple wraath is also my fav

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you want an awesome pre, post or intra amino product then you should definitely give Finaflex BCAA+SAA a go. It's getting rave reviews and the Apple Fusion flavor is amazing. Check out a few of the logs on here for confirmation :p

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2nd the Modern BCAA. Use 5g pre & 10g intra during fasted workouts & definitely help me with endurance & pushing through some hard workouts.
Mixed with 1-2scoops Jack3d micro(TM) or OxyELITE Pro® (which I did today before cardio ;-)) powder makes for a pretty nice cardio or lifting session.

You could even do 1 scoop pre & 1 scoop intra (still is one serving) with an 8:1:1 ratio its heavy in leucine and also providing other key amino acids.