Wellbutrine XL + Preworkout Supplements

wizard12

Awards
Had to start taking Wellbutrine XL lately and as a result I stopped taking all my pwo supps.I know the possible side effects of buporpion and stims are reduced seizure threshold (never had one) / increased anxiety.And I'm about to consult with my physician as well before I start pwo again.However I could not find much information regarding people taking pwo while on it, so just wondering if anyone had experience with that ?

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I take lexapro 40 mg and still use preworkouts. Not sure if that helps with your question

wizard12

Awards
Thanks for your reply but unfortunately Lexapro is an SSRI so I'm guessing it's not the same as Wellbutrine which is an NDRI.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Had to start taking Wellbutrine XL lately and as a result I stopped taking all my pwo supps.I know the possible side effects of buporpion and stims are reduced seizure threshold (never had one) / increased anxiety.And I'm about to consult with my physician as well before I start pwo again.However I could not find much information regarding people taking pwo while on it, so just wondering if anyone had experience with that ?
I take 300mg daily and have been for years now and I take PWO products. I have not noticed any issues, but people react differently. There are some ingredients you may want to stay away from such as Yohimbine. Some also get anxiety for high caffeine. I usually take a scoop pre-workout, i don't go over 1.5. I've tried Craze, Focus XT, Jack3d to name few.

anaboliks

Awards
I personally would not take anything else while on Wellbutrin ESPECIALLY during the start up phase. I have taken that stuff and it absolutely spun me completely out of control. The start up phase is known to be the most difficult of all the AD. Most people wont need a pre-workout sups because the Wellbutrin is very stimulating.

wizard12

Awards
I take 300mg daily and have been for years now and I take PWO products. I have not noticed any issues, but people react differently. There are some ingredients you may want to stay away from such as Yohimbine. Some also get anxiety for high caffeine. I usually take a scoop pre-workout, i don't go over 1.5. I've tried Craze, Focus XT, Jack3d to name few.
Sorry for bumping - but just checked this now, and I'm really glad I did...You guys are the only ones who actually helped me! (all others referred me to my doctors - which I did, unfortunately they do not know much about supplements). I'm on my 4th week of 150mg, and starting 300mg soon. I just wanted to know that there are some people in this planet who took both NDRI and PWO and still live to tell :). Going to start with really small dosages after my 2nd week of 300mg (which means 6 weeks into Wellbutrine). btw, so far energy has been exactly the same as in my caffeine withdrawal phases - none.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry too much of the lowered seizure threshold unless you are prone to them or are taking very high levels of stimulants especially if you have been on the bupropion for a while. In the beginning of a dosage increase there is definitely an increased concern though but I doubt you will ever need more than 300mg per day as it isn't really recommended above this.

Anxiety is an issue with many users of bupropion as well so the caffeine can definitely make this worse as well.