A little help for a complete NOOB Please. Any info...

Blanco Nacho

Awards
Hey everyone, I am a complete NOOb when it comes to this. I am just now finding out how unbelieveable it feels to take pride in how I look, and feel. I was curious if anyone can point me in the right direction for a decent workout, and training tips from the guys that know best. I am 34, soon to be 35. Right now, at 6'2", and weighing in at a disgusting 245-250lbs. Wanting to really clean up the diet, and hit it hard. I hope to hear from the expers, and hopefully get things going on the right foot. Thanks in advance for any help.

NACHO

Myokemist

Awards
Do you have a rough idea of where you might be calorie wise? How many times a week are you training/planning to train?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Although you might be better suited to ask this question in the training forum, I would suggest finding your baseline calorie intake and hanging around -500 from that. Try to keep protein high, carbs moderate and a bit lower in the fats. 5/3/1 would be a good workout routine to look into and light cardio after lifting is always good. Say twenty minutes of incline waking post workout. Once you get your diet and training in check everything else is just icing on the cake :)

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
If you are truly just starting to workout keep it simple for now. Light cardio, body exercises, light weight training are fine don't push yourself to exhaustion. Learn how to do some basic lifts and start a routine, that is the hardest part. Once you got that part down then figure out what you are eating, start reading nutrition facts and focus on eating whole foods not processed meats or baked goods. If you are not getting any results with that advice then dig deeper into your diet and do some calorie counting, figuring out your protein carb and fat intake.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Id focus more on nutritional learning and follow up with a simple 5x5...

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Id focus more on nutritional learning and follow up with a simple 5x5...
was just going to suggest this. google "5x5 routine". its very simple to understand and very effective. assuming you are wanting to lose some fat, look into HIIT for cardio. but as others have said, diet/nutrition is above any training routine. must have your nutrition on point to see the results you want.

Blanco Nacho

Awards
I appreciate it all guys. Currently around 2700-3000 calories a day. Work swing shift at a steel mill, and I know this is no excuse, but trying to get meals down, and the right amount of sleep is tough. But I am going to bust my ass, and get to where I want to be. I am going to try and post some before pics, and some afters.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I appreciate it all guys. Currently around 2700-3000 calories a day. Work swing shift at a steel mill, and I know this is no excuse, but trying to get meals down, and the right amount of sleep is tough. But I am going to bust my ass, and get to where I want to be. I am going to try and post some before pics, and some afters.
U will soon learn how important it is to pre cook your meals for a few days and have them in containers ready to go

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Do you have Facebook?

If so find me Clay Parker, I will help you out and get you started if it's something you truly want to do. You just need to understand that it's a lifestyle, you can deviate from time to time but for the most part it's very regimented.

Blanco Nacho

Awards
No Facebook. Not very computer SAAVY, but I am into finding out more about what can help. Any other way we could communicate. Thanks for all the info fellas.

mynameisdiwas

mynameisdiwas

Awards
As I've learned from experience, main thing is to focus yourself on diet. It's all well going to the gym and performing a good workout but that will have no effect on your weight. Also try not to go by the scale.

hubbabubba

hubbabubba

Awards
Start with a defined plan (diet and training) there's tons of em on here but through trial and error you'll find what works best for you. Also, learn correct form when lifting. If you're just beginning to train and you're 35, you'll need to keep form strict so you don't injure yourself ( a lot of folks get caught up in how much weight they can move and sacrifice form, especially early on, and greatly increase the chance of getting hurt). Weigh your food and write it down! That's been huge for me!