A little help for a complete NOOB Please. Any info...

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.98%

A little help for a complete NOOB Please. Any info...

Hey everyone, I am a complete NOOb when it comes to this. I am just now finding out how unbelieveable it feels to take pride in how I look, and feel. I was curious if anyone can point me in the right direction for a decent workout, and training tips from the guys that know best. I am 34, soon to be 35. Right now, at 6'2", and weighing in at a disgusting 245-250lbs. Wanting to really clean up the diet, and hit it hard. I hope to hear from the expers, and hopefully get things going on the right foot. Thanks in advance for any help.

NACHO

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.15%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Do you have a rough idea of where you might be calorie wise? How many times a week are you training/planning to train?
    MYOKEM President/CEO | NITRAMINE - The Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINE - High Performance Lipolytic, Thermogenic Agent | MAGNITROPIN - High Performance Myotropic Agent | ALPHADEX - High Performance Hormone Modulator
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Although you might be better suited to ask this question in the training forum, I would suggest finding your baseline calorie intake and hanging around -500 from that. Try to keep protein high, carbs moderate and a bit lower in the fats. 5/3/1 would be a good workout routine to look into and light cardio after lifting is always good. Say twenty minutes of incline waking post workout. Once you get your diet and training in check everything else is just icing on the cake

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

If you are truly just starting to workout keep it simple for now. Light cardio, body exercises, light weight training are fine don't push yourself to exhaustion. Learn how to do some basic lifts and start a routine, that is the hardest part. Once you got that part down then figure out what you are eating, start reading nutrition facts and focus on eating whole foods not processed meats or baked goods. If you are not getting any results with that advice then dig deeper into your diet and do some calorie counting, figuring out your protein carb and fat intake.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.63%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Id focus more on nutritional learning and follow up with a simple 5x5...
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Id focus more on nutritional learning and follow up with a simple 5x5...
    was just going to suggest this. google "5x5 routine". its very simple to understand and very effective. assuming you are wanting to lose some fat, look into HIIT for cardio. but as others have said, diet/nutrition is above any training routine. must have your nutrition on point to see the results you want.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.98%

I appreciate it all guys. Currently around 2700-3000 calories a day. Work swing shift at a steel mill, and I know this is no excuse, but trying to get meals down, and the right amount of sleep is tough. But I am going to bust my ass, and get to where I want to be. I am going to try and post some before pics, and some afters.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.19%

Quote Originally Posted by Blanco Nacho View Post
    I appreciate it all guys. Currently around 2700-3000 calories a day. Work swing shift at a steel mill, and I know this is no excuse, but trying to get meals down, and the right amount of sleep is tough. But I am going to bust my ass, and get to where I want to be. I am going to try and post some before pics, and some afters.
    U will soon learn how important it is to pre cook your meals for a few days and have them in containers ready to go
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Do you have Facebook?

If so find me Clay Parker, I will help you out and get you started if it's something you truly want to do. You just need to understand that it's a lifestyle, you can deviate from time to time but for the most part it's very regimented.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.98%

No Facebook. Not very computer SAAVY, but I am into finding out more about what can help. Any other way we could communicate. Thanks for all the info fellas.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.46%

As I've learned from experience, main thing is to focus yourself on diet. It's all well going to the gym and performing a good workout but that will have no effect on your weight. Also try not to go by the scale.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  290 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.97%

Start with a defined plan (diet and training) there's tons of em on here but through trial and error you'll find what works best for you. Also, learn correct form when lifting. If you're just beginning to train and you're 35, you'll need to keep form strict so you don't injure yourself ( a lot of folks get caught up in how much weight they can move and sacrifice form, especially early on, and greatly increase the chance of getting hurt). Weigh your food and write it down! That's been huge for me!

Similar Forum Threads

1. help for a semi-noob, need some advice.
    By MattyDuffz in forum Bulking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-19-2012, 04:01 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 03:22 PM
  3. Supplement help for an NCAA athlete please!
    By scrat257 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 11:58 AM
  4. A Little Help for a newbie before wedding
    By Newbie11 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 12:34 PM