Stimulant break

F

ForceOneSeven

Awards
Looking to take the next 3 weeks off from stimulants starting this Monday. However, I've been using daily and at times in excess. I wanted to get some advice in regards to setting up a schedule so I can avoid sides. I was thinking maybe first week limit consumption to a cup of coffee in the am then going cold turkey the remaining two. Does anyone have a specific protocol for their breaks?? Any advice would be much appreciated.

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
I only use craze/hemavol twice a week. I don't see the need for any breaks with that usage.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I only use craze/hemavol twice a week. I don't see the need for any breaks with that usage.
You only need a 5 or so day break from caffeine to break tolerance. I support doing a week off all stims.

At that usage you shouldn't see significant caffeine tolerance ever.

Y

Younglifter16

Awards
I just go cold turkey tbh. Depends how much caff you're using though.

F

ForceOneSeven

Awards
Scoop and a half of enhanced pre. 1-2 cups coffee in AM. Haven't taken a break in a while though. Need more feedback!

F

ForceOneSeven

Awards
You only need a 5 or so day break from caffeine to break tolerance. I support doing a week off all stims.

At that usage you shouldn't see significant caffeine tolerance ever.
I've done a week break before and it was definetly not long enough. The caff kicked when I started back but it was barely noticeable

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It depends on how long you have been hammering the stims. For our five days off every three weeks usually keeps my tolerance down. If I go for a few months it usually takes a couple weeks. Try some beta-alanine by itself for the break and that might give you enough of the tingles to make it through.

F

ForceOneSeven

Awards
It depends on how long you have been hammering the stims. For our five days off every three weeks usually keeps my tolerance down. If I go for a few months it usually takes a couple weeks. Try some beta-alanine by itself for the break and that might give you enough of the tingles to make it through.
I take 3.2 g daily. I'm way past the tingles.

F

ForceOneSeven

Awards
And use has been consistent over the past 3-5 months. Think I'm just going to start with a cup in the morning and do some juicing throughout the day for clean energy when I need it.

Y

Younglifter16

Awards
Scoop and a half of enhanced pre. 1-2 cups coffee in AM. Haven't taken a break in a while though. Need more feedback!
sounds fine to go cold turkey on, keep a cup of coffee in the AM if youd like. I took a full month my last stim break, it was rough the first week mental/focus wise, but it was so worth it.

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
its easier to go through when ur diet is in check. when i eat poorly and go on a stim break, i'm in such a bad mood, grumpy.

lots of non stim options out there to make sure your workouts dont suffer. hemavol/compete combo. add in focus xt [stim free] or MAN clout and you're set.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I go cold turkey, and take 10-15 min, mini naps 3 - 4x per day to get me through when the urge kicks in and I die out. I work, 3, 12 hour shifts per week, at the start, I usually have to pop 1/4 to 1/2 dexaprine XR to get my through since I can't nap at work.

Mike