Supplement Gurus, please help with preworkout cocktail...

Steve_W

Awards
Hey guys,

I am after a pre workout that is not loaded with caffeine and has decent ingredients in doses that actually work.

So unless someone can recommend a premade formula I'm leaning towards making my own. I'm looking for something with no caffeine although a bit of caffeine in a decent product is ok if premade.

I want to use this for before soccer to increase stamina, endurance and explosive power and help reduce the onset of fatigue. I will also use before weight training but soccer performance is my main priority.

I have bought some bulk cit malate and beta alanine, and ALCAR where to go from here? Other ingredients?

I was looking at something like maybe iForce compete + my own custom blend though if anyone has any better suggestions that'd be great.

Thanks!

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Stim free FOCUS XT

Or make your own. I do all the time with bulk supps I buy depending on what I'm lifting that day

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine free Focus XT + Hemavol = Probably the best non-stim combo possible. Extreme pumps and intense focus.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Prescription Nutritions All-In.

PN has taken a new approach to pre-workout products. All the negative press and lawsuits with the latest round of stimulants including geranium oil, DMAA (Jack3d), PEA (Craze), convinced PN to make a stimulant free pre-workout product that provides sustained energy, enhanced endurance, and the ability to created an anabolic environment while training which may lead to more hypertrophy and yield greater muscle growth. Sound like your typical marketing pitch for these types of products. WRONG! PN is going to show you ingredient-by-ingredient why this product is unique. Please also note that we are giving full disclosure of all the ingredients in this product. This is so you the user can see we are using the studied, clinical doses of the compounds listed. In english, we are using the doses that SHOWED RESULTS. Forget marketing hype, we don't play those games. So let's go!

Ingredients

D-Ribose - 5,000mg(5g) - Clinically proven to increase muscle and tissue ATP (energy) which is depleted rapidly when doing strenuous physical activity, this naturally occuring sugar is vital in ATP synthesis. In other words, if you workout, train, sprint, whatever you may do, your body needs to replenish energy rapidly. This is the ticket. Studies have shown that using ribose for 4 weeks POSITIVELY affected max reps in the bench press. This same study showed that individuals made 4 times the gains using D-ribose versus those that did not.

Creatine Hydrochloride (HCl) - 3,000mg (3g) - This newer creatine is already in a few award-winning products. It is the #2 selling product on RxWhey.com currently. Everyone who uses it reports increased ability to recovery, less time needed between sets, and noticeable strength increases (especially in pushing exercises) after 1 week of use. The best part, unlike creatine monohydrate, no need for loading and no bloating due to water retention. Need to read up on creatine hydrochloride? Check this article out.

Creatinol-O-Phosphate - 2,500mg (2.5g) - Patrick Arnold backs this as one of the best supplements to be using in the last few years. COP acts as an intracellular buffer allowing for greater endurance and allowing you to train past your normal failure point. This aids in hypertrophy which may lead to greater gains in muscle. Oh, BTW, COP increases the effectivness of creatine in the muscle as well. These go hand-in-hand with high intensity training. COP is a must for anyone looking to smash through a performance plateau.

Beta-alanine - 2,000mg (2g) - This adds to the endurance ability aspect of ALL-IN. Beta-alanine has been used for years now with creatine and the combo is proven to increase endurance and allow for longer, more intense workouts. Many will ask why we are using this and COP together. The answer is simple. COP and beta-alanine work via different mechanisms. So you have EVEN MORE LASTING STAMINA during your workouts. MORE potential to push your limit, and then REDEFINE those limits.

Leucine - 2,000mg (2g) - Leucine is a branched chain amino acid (BCAA) that is responsible for creating anabolism hence generating more lean muscle growth. We need this to activate our mTOR pathways and signal protein synthesis. Protein synthesis leads to muscle growth. We need some of this before our workouts for a couple reasons: 1) BCAAs help promote recovery after intense exercise. 2) Since leucine triggers anabolism, we stand the potential to actually start growing while we train. We are priming the body for an anabolic environment!

Citrulline Malate - 2,000mg (2g) - Added to increase the pump and flow the body with oxygen and nutrients. More nutrients = better recovery. Forget arginine-based products and the bad science behind them. Citrulline is where its at. Any athlete or trainer knows the truth and backs citrulline supplementation.

Agmatine Sulfate - 1,000mg (1g) - Selected for its ability to generate a pump while offering valuable nutrient partitioning effects, agmatine is fast becoming a key ingredient in any supplementation program. Again, flooding the muscles with nutrients = increased recovery+more growth potential. Agmatine also helps feed the anabolic environment we are creating by helping to boost growth hormone levels naturally as some studies suggest.

Electrolyte Blend - 150mg - You need electrolytes to replace those lost from sweat. We've added potassium and sodium for this purpose. As an added bonus, we've included magnesium for its energy and muscle contraction promotion.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Caffeine free Focus XT + Hemavol = Probably the best non-stim combo possible. Extreme pumps and intense focus.
I've heard this combo mentioned quite a bit. Throw in some other SNS goodies and you got yourself a mean cocktail.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I've heard this combo mentioned quite a bit. Throw in some other SNS goodies and you got yourself a mean cocktail.
^^this was my go to till I tried a sample of Athletix new non stim pre. Keep an eye out for the release.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jacked micro + OEP powder has been a great mix for me

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys,

I am after a pre workout that is not loaded with caffeine and has decent ingredients in doses that actually work.

So unless someone can recommend a premade formula I'm leaning towards making my own. I'm looking for something with no caffeine although a bit of caffeine in a decent product is ok if premade.

I want to use this for before soccer to increase stamina, endurance and explosive power and help reduce the onset of fatigue. I will also use before weight training but soccer performance is my main priority.

I have bought some bulk cit malate and beta alanine, and ALCAR where to go from here? Other ingredients?

I was looking at something like maybe iForce compete + my own custom blend though if anyone has any better suggestions that'd be great.

Thanks!
Try out Formutech Volatile. Has about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee and it just friggin works. Awesome pumps and endurance. There are some logs going on right now if you want some feedback on it, so far it's review exceptionally well (except for some that were looking for a much more intense stim)

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Hey guys,

Thanks!
It looks like you have a great start with the BA,CM,and ALCAR.Those are some the same exact ingredients I use as well when making my own mixes,which I do a lot of the time,look into stim-free Focus XT,the ingredients you mentioned you already have,added with the stim-free Focus XT are exactly what I use when on a stim break,I also add in my own Creatine Monohydrate which SNS has cheap in bulk as well,here is a link to the product to read more,and if you have any more questions about it feel free to ask and if you would like to try a few scoops PM me your info and I will get you some out!
Serious Nutrition Solutions Focus XT Caffeine Free (30 Servings): Discount Focus XT Caffeine Free Supplements

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Why does everyone preach beta alanine pre?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mack411

Mack411

Awards
The most noticeable effects I get from it taken pre is endurance,I have spent lots of time working with single ingredients ran pre to see which ingredient offers what,and have concluded endurance is the biggest benefit I get from BA that I can note,although it's effects take time as carnosine levels rise,after a few weeks of use at the correct dosing you should notice enhanced strength, endurance, etc.none of these will be drastic effects and many people may not notice them if they are not dialed in with their body and how well it reacts to different ingredients!Oh,and I personally love the tingles that hit when taken pre :D You can also try the og Focus XT if wanting a bit of caffeine,it has 200mg of Caffeine Anhydrous which will add nice clean energy!

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Thanks!

I mix up my own as well with the exception that mine is a pre/intra workout drink. Basically i chug half (pre), water the rest down and drink it (intra) workout. Here is what I have come up with so far, also keep in mind I run a lot so for soccer this may be beneficial to you as well. You can include in your beta alanine, typically I use 100mg caffeine and 25mg DMAA for stim but I left it out since your not looking for that. Also note I have a 24oz bottle for this so I use about 3 cups of liquid, you may have to adjust this.

BCAA's 10g
Glutamine 10g (People tell me this is not necessary but I have it on hand still)
Potassium gluconate (540mg)
pinch of salt (a small amount to go with the potassium for electrolytes or you can skip both and just mix with gatorade)
Agmatine (750mg)
Citrulline malate (4.5g)
Creatine mono 5g
1 cup green tea (brewed with 3 tea bags)
2 cups whatever juice you want for flavor (I personnaly like cranberry)

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
if u want a pre for soccer my suggesting would be to add our Compete, listed as an intra, but i use it, before and during activities.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established

PN has taken a new approach to pre-workout products. All the negative press and lawsuits with the latest round of stimulants including geranium oil, DMAA (Jack3d), PEA (Craze), convinced PN to make a stimulant free pre-workout product that provides sustained energy, enhanced endurance, and the ability to created an anabolic environment while training which may lead to more hypertrophy and yield greater muscle growth. Sound like your typical marketing pitch for these types of products. WRONG! PN is going to show you ingredient-by-ingredient why this product is unique. Please also note that we are giving full disclosure of all the ingredients in this product. This is so you the user can see we are using the studied, clinical doses of the compounds listed. In english, we are using the doses that SHOWED RESULTS. Forget marketing hype, we don't play those games. So let's go!
If you guys make this without the artificial sweeteners I'm in for some.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
if u want a pre for soccer my suggesting would be to add our Compete, listed as an intra, but i use it, before and during activities.
One scoop Compete before and one during the activity is brilliant.

Ingredients for focus, hydration, recovery, endurance, and other benefits makes it great any time periworkout.

We should soon have a few more products that might be relevant to your interests for creating your own preworkout cocktail, or adding to other products from iForce like Conquer, Hemavol, et cetera. ;)

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Formutech nutritions BCAA endurance. melon flavor is awesome

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established

Ingredients

D-Ribose - 5,000mg(5g) - Clinically proven to increase muscle and tissue ATP (energy) which is depleted rapidly when doing strenuous physical activity, this naturally occuring sugar is vital in ATP synthesis. In other words, if you workout, train, sprint, whatever you may do, your body needs to replenish energy rapidly. This is the ticket. Studies have shown that using ribose for 4 weeks POSITIVELY affected max reps in the bench press. This same study showed that individuals made 4 times the gains using D-ribose versus those that did not.

Creatine Hydrochloride (HCl) - 3,000mg (3g) - This newer creatine is already in a few award-winning products. It is the #2 selling product on RxWhey.com currently. Everyone who uses it reports increased ability to recovery, less time needed between sets, and noticeable strength increases (especially in pushing exercises) after 1 week of use. The best part, unlike creatine monohydrate, no need for loading and no bloating due to water retention. Need to read up on creatine hydrochloride? Check this article out.

Creatinol-O-Phosphate - 2,500mg (2.5g) - Patrick Arnold backs this as one of the best supplements to be using in the last few years. COP acts as an intracellular buffer allowing for greater endurance and allowing you to train past your normal failure point. This aids in hypertrophy which may lead to greater gains in muscle. Oh, BTW, COP increases the effectivness of creatine in the muscle as well. These go hand-in-hand with high intensity training. COP is a must for anyone looking to smash through a performance plateau.

Beta-alanine - 2,000mg (2g) - This adds to the endurance ability aspect of ALL-IN. Beta-alanine has been used for years now with creatine and the combo is proven to increase endurance and allow for longer, more intense workouts. Many will ask why we are using this and COP together. The answer is simple. COP and beta-alanine work via different mechanisms. So you have EVEN MORE LASTING STAMINA during your workouts. MORE potential to push your limit, and then REDEFINE those limits.

Leucine - 2,000mg (2g) - Leucine is a branched chain amino acid (BCAA) that is responsible for creating anabolism hence generating more lean muscle growth. We need this to activate our mTOR pathways and signal protein synthesis. Protein synthesis leads to muscle growth. We need some of this before our workouts for a couple reasons: 1) BCAAs help promote recovery after intense exercise. 2) Since leucine triggers anabolism, we stand the potential to actually start growing while we train. We are priming the body for an anabolic environment!

Citrulline Malate - 2,000mg (2g) - Added to increase the pump and flow the body with oxygen and nutrients. More nutrients = better recovery. Forget arginine-based products and the bad science behind them. Citrulline is where its at. Any athlete or trainer knows the truth and backs citrulline supplementation.

Agmatine Sulfate - 1,000mg (1g) - Selected for its ability to generate a pump while offering valuable nutrient partitioning effects, agmatine is fast becoming a key ingredient in any supplementation program. Again, flooding the muscles with nutrients = increased recovery+more growth potential. Agmatine also helps feed the anabolic environment we are creating by helping to boost growth hormone levels naturally as some studies suggest.

Electrolyte Blend - 150mg - You need electrolytes to replace those lost from sweat. We've added potassium and sodium for this purpose. As an added bonus, we've included magnesium for its energy and muscle contraction promotion.
This is pretty much my pre workout! Is this at nutra planet?

Mines:

Agmatine
Creatine
Citruline malate
BA

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Probably the same reason people still put creatine in pre's. We've already determined that their actions are based on a saturation point, but I think some people just prefer it.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Probably the same reason people still put creatine in pre's. We've already determined that their actions are based on a saturation point, but I think some people just prefer it.
I don't disagree but I am curious, are beta alanine and creatine better dosed just before a workout as opposed to any other time of the day?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I don't disagree but I am curious, are beta alanine and creatine better dosed just before a workout as opposed to any other time of the day?
No. Makes no difference

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
The tingles help me get pumped and helps me with my mind-muscle connection because i can literally feel every muscle in my body.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OP you might like Purus Condense. Add bicarbonates to it. Nitrates and bicarbonates = endurance profit.

Whatever you do, don't spend thirty bucks on a product giving you 2.5 grams of whey hydrolysate per serving.

domore

Awards
OP you might like Purus Condense. Add bicarbonates to it. Nitrates and bicarbonates = endurance profit.

Whatever you do, don't spend thirty bucks on a product giving you 2.5 grams of whey hydrolysate per serving.
I like that combo, nitrates and bicarbonates.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They both work by chronic saturation not by acute effect. I DO like to take the BA per workout though just because I like how the face tingles wake me up. Lol