Transdermal nicotine, I like it!

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm nearing the end of a 4 week cutting cycle, in which I've been using m4ohn for the first 3 weeks, with the addition of some old 1-test transdermal that I had lying around in week 4, just to use some of the stuff up. I've kept calories at about 14*bodyweight, and seen nice, steady fatloss, but have decided to step things up abit in the final days of my cut.

I have been using Man Scorch for the last few weeks, which is a great product thusfar, which has allowed for good fatloss with a minumum of sides, but the appetite supression from it was only moderate at best in myself. I was chewing nicotine gum, at as high as 6*4 mg pieces daily, but found even this only provided a modest decrease in appetite. As my jaw started cramping from chewing so much of this stuff, I decided to give nicotine patches a shot, going for the max dose of 21mg to start.

I just gotta say that these work great, as I was easily able to spread my meals out to 4-4.5 hour intervals, with only approx. 200-250 calories contained within each, and not one single hunger pang was to be seen. The nicotine release has been nice and steady, and I haven't seen any hints of nausea as of yet, even though chewing the gum usually leaves me a little green under the gills at times.

The only real downfall for these if the cost, as 12 patches costed me something like 30 dollars. However, given how effective these were in day one for me, I think it's money well spent, especially for days when you know calories are going to be very low. Today, I plan on cutting out all starchy/sugary carbohydrates, and placing calories somewhere in the 10*bodyweight range. Given that I haven't performed a refeed in my 3 weeks of cutting, this should be a good test for the effectiveness of the nicotine patch.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just a quick addition to my first post, don't know how I forgot to mention it at first. Last night I really put the patch to the test, as I decided to spend my evening smoking bud and watching pro wrestling (lol, pro wrestling is my true guilty pleasure I suppose, even though I realize I should know better), and not once did I feel the onset of the munchies. Usually pot drives my hunger through the roof, complete with cravings for something really goddamn salty (beef jerky, popcorn, chips, etc.) or something sweet (chocolate is my other vice), but this time out there was nary a craving to be had. Somehow the wrestling wasn't as exciting without a bag of doritos in hand though, gotta figure out a good low calorie snack food I guess for maximum enjoyment.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
I am trying to read what you wrote but I cant get my eyes off the picture you have for your icon.......... damnit.. i am sure what you wrote was really good

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hehe, that picture tends to have that effect on guys for some odd reason. It's almost enough to make me bring up my old posts just to have an excuse to stare for awhile.

*and on the 8th day, god created white stretch pants*

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
who is she and where can I find more of her!?

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Although completely off topic, I never get tired of looking at that girl. She's a winner

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
has your strength maintained throughout the cycle?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My strength has dropped off a little bit in most exercises. I'm still able to hoist the same weight I was using precycle, but have lost the odd rep here and there. I blame that on the fact I'm pretty glycogen depleted, rather than loss of actual lean tissue.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's an interesting nicotine side effect, I guess whether it's positive or not depends on your perspective. I've found that I'm experiencing (and more importantly remembering) some extremely vivid dreams, which is quite unusual for myself, as I don't tend to remember most of my dreams.

The last two nights I've dreamed about being stranded on a tropical island (ala Lost), and then playing metal gear solid 3, except the difference here is that I was in the role of Solid Snake. Damn, those 2 were great, but the one I just woke up from had me sweating bullets. I am refeeding today, and lapsed into a carbohydrate induced hyperglyscemic comatose nap of sorts. Being prepared for the DS superdrol sale that's happening later tonight, and the possibility of needing a nap at some point due to the high carb intake, I set my alarm to ensure I wouldn't sleep through the sale.

Well imagine my dismay when I wake up, and the clock is saying 8PM!!! (MST where I live btw). A pile of swearing soon ensued (not just a dreamstate thing I guess...), only to have me wake up for real, and find out that there's still 2 more hours until the superdrol sale occurs. Now that's relief!

allpro2004

Awards
Max...so I take it you would recommend the nicotine patches during the end of your cutting cycle. I am starting a MOHN/Triac 6 week cycle on 1/3/5. Have you heard any negatives with using Triac and Nicotine?

Also, like Maynard...I tried to read all of your post but was very distracted. So, who is she and were can we find more of her?

Thanks a bunch for your input.

Allpro2004

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think nicotine would work fine at any point during a cut, as it has many positive effects beyond just appetite suppression.

As far as the girl goes, I have no idea what her name is. I think I've had 3 or 4 PM's this week asking for more info. Who knew one picture could cause such a commotion?

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
Max.... i am still trying to read the first line of your first post... still cant get around to finishing it.... picture... too distracting.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:blink:

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
let us know how you come off of the nicotine. 21mg per day is pretty damn high. i'm currently just chewing the gum, 2-4mg per day. have yet to see if its really suppressing my appetite though since i just started.

btw, chewing the gum is a pain in the ass. chew, hold between gums, chew, hold between gum, over and over. it gets old.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The irrititating chewing patterns, as well as throat burning, and overall horrible taste of the gum are what convinced me to try out the patch in the first place. I've been as high as 6*4mg pieces per day, and that quickly grows tiresome.

I don't think stopping should provide any problems, I'll just quit cold turkey. I've never had any withdrawl issues when I've stopped chewing gum, so I don't foresee any problems here. The slow, steady release into the bloodstream avoids the quick buzz effect that cigarrettes provide, and likely helps keeping gum and patches from being addictive.

One thing I might stop doing is wearing the patches at night, it seems to be interrupting my ability to fall asleep at night.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
The irrititating chewing patterns, as well as throat burning, and overall horrible taste of the gum are what convinced me to try out the patch in the first place. I've been as high as 6*4mg pieces per day, and that quickly grows tiresome.

I don't think stopping should provide any problems, I'll just quit cold turkey. I've never had any withdrawl issues when I've stopped chewing gum, so I don't foresee any problems here. The slow, steady release into the bloodstream avoids the quick buzz effect that cigarrettes provide, and likely helps keeping gum and patches from being addictive.

One thing I might stop doing is wearing the patches at night, it seems to be interrupting my ability to fall asleep at night.
just remember, nicotine is more addictive than cocaine.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
Crack is even more addictive... and when I mean crack.. i mean Max Silvers Avatar!....

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I learned a valuable little lesson tonight while at work. I was away from home for the weekend, and did some partying over New Years, and left my nicotine patches at home. After four days off of nicotine, I foolishly jumped right back into a full 21mg patch. I was fine for the first 5 hours or so, but then the dreaded nicotine side effects reared their ugly head, those being cold sweats, nausea, and just all around crappy feeling. I'll be back on the gum for a few days to reassess/rebuild a tolerance to nicotine before going back to these patches, or may perhaps buy some weaker strength patches instead.