Beet Root Pre-workout - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Beet Root Pre-workout

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Beet root is actually very good taken pre workout. This is why we use Betaine in our Max Pump to bind to the nitrates.
    you know, i actually have a bottle of maxx pump lying around. i honestly had no idea it was sporting 500mg nitrates per serving, so i never got around to it. i took the arginine nitrate by usplabs and nothing ever happened, so i guess i stereotyped. i will definately be trying that.i personnally would experiment with the double dose suggested on the bottle though. i worked with no2 back in the day, so i know when my blood pressure is getting alittle low (tiredness/neck starts to ache as body tries to reduce blood flow to the brain) and im totally confident things would never get out of hand with an no2 product.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

Overdoing it on nitrates can cause a hypotensive crisis, and over 1 gram of pure nitrate (as derived from 3g of Betaine Nitrate) is well out of the safety threshold and potentially toxic. Conversely, 1.5g of Betaine Nitrate yields 500mg nitrates, which is within the ergogenic range. Plus it doubles the lifetime of the bottle
    2g of nitrates is a danger zone. Half of that is toatly safe.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  3. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

For the sake of liability, I'd remove this post lol. 1 gram is certainly not totally safe...

Edit: Unquoted
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    you know, i actually have a bottle of maxx pump lying around. i honestly had no idea it was sporting 500mg nitrates per serving, so i never got around to it. i took the arginine nitrate by usplabs and nothing ever happened, so i guess i stereotyped. i will definately be trying that.i personnally would experiment with the double dose suggested on the bottle though. i worked with no2 back in the day, so i know when my blood pressure is getting alittle low (tiredness/neck starts to ache as body tries to reduce blood flow to the brain) and im totally confident things would never get out of hand with an no2 product.
    It's more around 1g per serving but it is in fact an awesome product. Most people notice the effects st around day five or so.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

For the sake of liability, I'd remove this post lol. 1 gram is certainly not totally safe...

Edit: Unquoted
    Would that then make it unsafe to consume 5oz. Spinach?
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

we stand by our product Max Pump as being a safe and effective formulation for betaine nitrate

our own R&D team has studied this extensively, and come to a conclusion based on first hand experience and knowledge of our own formulation, in regards to safety and efficacy...

we will decline to be drawn into silly arguments with other company representatives, who claim that our product is unsafe

for more information on Max Pump, please visit the FINAFLEX company forum, or our website at the link listed below
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  7. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Would that then make it unsafe to consume 5oz. Spinach?
    Does spinach contain nitrate salts with instant release kinetics?
  8. Diamond Member

Ok, I'm done. If a consumer PMs me, I will tell them what's best for their health, which is to take no more than 2 caps. If any "incident" occurs, at least ill have a clear conscience that I tried to warn them.Note that I actually like max pump and my dosing scheme makes the bottle twice as valuable. But alas, given the state of affairs in this industry, it won't matter either way
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Ok, I'm done. If a consumer PMs me, I will tell them what's best for their health, which is to take no more than 2 caps. If any "incident" occurs, at least ill have a clear conscience that I tried to warn them.Note that I actually like max pump and my dosing scheme makes the bottle twice as valuable. But alas, given the state of affairs in this industry, it won't matter either way
    the simple truth is coop - your "warnings" seem a little biased

a great many ppl are currently/have been consuming multiple nitrate-containing products, for yrs..
    stacking items seems to be the popular method these days

nitrates have been consumed in much greater amount sometimes, than 1g..
    I have heard no instance of nitrate-induced toxicity presenting any health issues, for this specific issue

we thank you for your concern to the public, insofar as our product formulations go..
    this is not the first time of course you have chosen to take your time and critique our formulas

as for claiming a "clear conscience" - well I feel that doesn't even deserve response, but please -
    worry yourself not about FINAFLEX conscience and how we conduct ourselves, and construct our products..
    we simply have no issues here
    seems like you would have your hands full with your own products, but again thank you for your efforts

you running around in your current capacity pointing fingers at other companies - as a representative of PES company - does nothing but make you look bad..if this is the marketing tactic you guys wish to employ, then good luck; how you conduct yourself is no concern to us, unless I am drawn in here to (once again) clarify accusations against FINAFLEX made to the forum in general when we are under unprovoked and unfounded personal attack as to character and integrity

best to you
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Overdoing it on nitrates can cause a hypotensive crisis, and over 1 gram of pure nitrate (as derived from 3g of Betaine Nitrate) is well out of the safety threshold and potentially toxic. Conversely, 1.5g of Betaine Nitrate yields 500mg nitrates, which is within the ergogenic range. Plus it doubles the lifetime of the bottle
    I've heard you warn people about nitrate toxicity plenty of times in no way referring to a product in particular. Thank you for bringing up these points. You have said the same thing to people stacking enhanced with other nitrate products so to say it is a biased response is completely untrue. Thanks for the info coop as always.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    I've heard you warn people about nitrate toxicity plenty of times in no way referring to a product in particular. Thank you for bringing up these points. You have said the same thing to people stacking enhanced with other nitrate products so to say it is a biased response is completely untrue. Thanks for the info coop as always.
    well of course -

if I was a rep for the same company where my R&D guy attacked another company, making insults and knocking the integrity of said company in uncalled for fashion --

I too would speak up vociferously to defend my co-worker

12. Diamond Member

Guys, I'm done on AM. If you have any questions or concerns about ANY topic, I will be happy to answer you as always at my email address. I apologize to this great community and all the good people here, perhaps we canbe together down the road
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

The study on Garden Veggies is absolutely incorrect. Not only are their calculations wrong, but I tried the product and it yielded no results. A very, very poorly written segment.

What am I gonna do with this garbage?! My seven dollars, no!
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

in point of education to the forum pertaining to our formulation of Max Pump, please note:

Potassium nitrate and sodium nitrate that other supplement companies are using can be harmful to people's health.
    These ingredients are used to make explosives and used in gun powder.
    Our betaine nitrate is naturally occurring in red beets and we figured out a way to manufacture and extract bonded betaine nitrate.

We do not publicly disclose how much nitrates is contained in this product (we don't disclose the manufacturing process of the ingredient); no one outside of our R&D and ppl who need to know, know the actual amount..it is a bonded material. Its not betaine plus nitrates.

It is a reacted material that makes up one ingredient called betaine nitrate. When you test for bonded material it will have one single peak that represents the melting point.

what has been discussed here, in regards to any concerns over Max Pump, toxicity, has been totally irrelevant and based on no factual support pertaining to our formulation..the fact any such accusations have been made - without knowing pertinent information - is rather unconscionable
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Guys, I'm done on AM. If you have any questions or concerns about ANY topic, I will be happy to answer you as always at my email address. I apologize to this great community and all the good people here, perhaps we canbe together down the road
    WTF my seven dollars doesn't seem like such a big deal now.

16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    in point of education to the forum pertaining to our formulation of Max Pump, please note:

Potassium nitrate and sodium nitrate that other supplement companies are using can be harmful to people's health.
    Our betaine nitrate is naturally occurring in red beets and we figured out a way to manufacture and extract bonded betaine nitrate.

We do not publicly disclose how much nitrates is contained in this product (we don't disclose the manufacturing process of the ingredient); no one outside of our R&D and ppl who need to know, know the actual amount..it is a bonded material. Its not betaine plus nitrates.

It is a reacted material that makes up one ingredient called betaine nitrate. When you test for bonded material it will have one single peak that represents the melting point.
    the simple truth is SNAG - your "warnings" seem a little biased

a great many ppl are currently/have been consuming multiple KNO3 or Sodium Nitrate-containing products, for yrs..

we thank you for your concern to the public, insofar as our product formulations go..
    this might be the first time of course you have chosen to take your time and critique our product[as well as other products containing nitrates]

as for claiming a "clear conscience" - well I feel that doesn't even deserve response, but please -
    worry yourself not about Nitrates sources in general conscience and how we conduct ourselves, and construct our products..
    we simply have no issues here
    seems like you would have your hands full with your own products, but again thank you for your efforts

you running around in your current capacity pointing fingers at other companies - as a representative of FINAFLEX company - does nothing but make you look bad..if this is the marketing tactic you guys wish to employ, then good luck; how you conduct yourself is no concern to us, unless I am drawn in here to (once again) clarify accusations against companies making Nitrate products made to the forum in general when we are under unprovoked and unfounded personal attack as to character and integrity

best to you
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/iForce-Nutrition/107510095952360
    iTrain...iCompete...iDarce!
  17. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

what has been discussed here, in regards to any concerns over Max Pump, toxicity, has been totally irrelevant and based on no factual support pertaining to our formulation..the fact any such accusations have been made - without knowing pertinent information - is rather unconscionable
    such misinformation here.

#1 - Your product is in direct patent violation, how is your lawsuit with Thermolife going?
    #2 - Potassium Nitrate is also used in food products such as meat and deli meats.

I love how you use bro-science to try and make your product look better. its amazing.
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    such misinformation here.

#1 - Your product is in direct patent violation, how is your lawsuit with Thermolife going?
    #2 - Potassium Nitrate is also used in food products such as meat and deli meats.

I love how you use bro-science to try and make your product look better. its amazing.
    once again I will decline to engage in back & forth with you, VT

if you have any questions regarding litigation or the status of such, you can e-mail the company directly for that information..
    since there is nothing really to talk about including the basis of such frivolous litigation, i'll not waste the time here

take care
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thedarce View Post
    the simple truth is SNAG - your "warnings" seem a little biased
    the fact is - in the right amounts, I do not dispute this information as an opinion!

I point no fingers, and make no insinuation toward any specific company or product, at all

the fact is: nothing over ~500mg has been shown in studies to be a safe amount of consumption..
    the fact is: nothing over that amount has been shown to be definitely toxic either..
    the fact is, requires more study..

it is still irrelevant to the process with which we use

nothing more than education and clarification here, despite what some may accuse me of
  20. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

the fact is - in the right amounts, I do not dispute this information!

I point no fingers, and make no insinuation toward any specific company or product, at all

the fact is: nothing over ~500mg has been shown in studies to be a safe amount of consumption..
    the fact is: nothing over that amount has been shown to be definitely toxic either..
    the fact is, requires more study..

it is still irrelevant to the process with which we use

nothing more than education and clarification here, despite what some may accuse me of
    I am not claiming any amount of nitrates are dangerous.

YOU'RE claiming Potassium Nitrate is dangerous, which is a flat out lie.

Would you like to continue the libel and lies, or end it now?
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I am not claiming any amount of nitrates are dangerous.

YOU'RE claiming Potassium Nitrate is dangerous, which is a flat out lie.

Would you like to continue the libel and lies, or end it now?
    quite honestly I do not understand your angst VT?

we can most certainly end this now, as I see no fruitful outcome for either one of us here..

should you wish to converse further in less hostile terms, feel free to e-mail me
  22. Professional Member

quite honestly I do not understand your angst VT?

we can most certainly end this now, as I see no fruitful outcome for either one of us here..

should you wish to converse further in less hostile terms, feel free to e-mail me
    You're directly claiming a product my company produces is dangerous. This is a lie. You are a competitor, and there is no doubt you are simply trying to protect your market share, however doing so with underhanded lies does not sit well with me.

Potassium Nitrate is not dangerous, and is included in just about every single persons diet on a daily basis. End of story.

If you keep claiming it is dangerous, there will be more than emails between us unfortunately.
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

You're directly claiming a product my company produces is dangerous. This is a lie. You are a competitor, and there is no doubt you are simply trying to protect your market share, however doing so with underhanded lies does not sit well with me.

Potassium Nitrate is not dangerous, and is included in just about every single persons diet on a daily basis. End of story.

If you keep claiming it is dangerous, there will be more than emails between us unfortunately.
    VaughnTrue -

your threats, both veiled and otherwise, do nothing for me..
    I have stated I do not wish to engage in such petty communication, with you or anyone else

nowhere have I stated your product is dangerous; if you can read "intent" on the internet, you are truly an accomplished individual

I state emphatically: this will be the last time I give communication to you on this issue, on this forum

you can conduct yourself and see imaginary attacks where you deem fit, it does not concern me further
  24. Professional Member

VaughnTrue -

your threats, both veiled and otherwise, do nothing for me..
    I have stated I do not wish to engage in such petty communication, with you or anyone else

nowhere have I stated your product is dangerous; if you can read "intent" on the internet, you are truly an accomplished individual

I state emphatically: this will be the last time I give communication to you on this issue, on this forum

you can conduct yourself and see imaginary attacks where you deem fit, it does not concern me further

Do you have a poor memory, or is this dementia setting in?
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Do you have a poor memory, or is this dementia setting in?
    one more time: nowhere have I stated YOUR product is dangerous..
    I am simply sharing my opinion on nitrates in general in X amount, based on existing (albeit limited) data that exists

I did not see you attempt to crucify cooper for, in essence, the same exact stance?

funny, how you choose to pick your conflicts....
  26. Professional Member

one more time: nowhere have I stated YOUR product is dangerous..
    I am simply sharing my opinion on nitrates in general in X amount, based on existing (albeit limited) data that exists

I did not see you attempt to crucify cooper for, in essence, the same exact stance?

funny, how you choose to pick your conflicts....
    My product contains a sane and safe level of nitrates per full serving. 600mg of Potassium Nitrate yields ~358mg of Nitrates.

I believe that high levels of nitrates may lead to severe side effects, just like high doses of caffeine will as well. More is not always better.
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Gotta love rep fights....
  28. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Im missing all the fun Quick someone tag me in!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Someone tag me in!
    Inb4 JudoJosh brings up Yok3d...
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Im missing all the fun Quick someone tag me in!
    randori! go!!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/iForce-Nutrition/107510095952360
    iTrain...iCompete...iDarce!
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I believe that high levels of nitrates may lead to severe side effects, just like high doses of caffeine will as well. More is not always better.
    and now we come back to the basis with which I made my own statement, that you seemed to take issue with..

when the entire time, we apparently agree on the same concept of opinion

I obviously share your view that there is pause for concern, past a certain point

but it is still just opinion!
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.

Mr.Cooper needs to chill out and keep posting, guy knows his chit is obv very valuable around here
  33. Elite Member

I like nitrates
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaPaladin View Post
    Mr.Cooper needs to chill out and keep posting, guy knows his chit is obv very valuable around here
    Out of this entire thread this is the post with the most win!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  35. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by GigaPaladin View Post
    Truth.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Was not expecting...
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

[QUOTE=snagencyV2.0;4051412]the simple truth is coop - your "warnings" seem a little biased

a great many ppl are currently/have been consuming multiple nitrate-containing products, for yrs..

if its any consolation: im just a consumer, but I had a some reps from pes double teaming me this one time about my correct understanding on some otc test boosters. though they were silenced in the forum, they both sent me private messages subtractng my rep power (as if I cared about it.) I didn't feel like I was having a genuine conversation with them; while I would acknowledge their fair points and try to clarify any misunderstandings, they seemed to miss my entire gist while hammering me on some irrelevant detail. I had to laugh when I realized one of them sent me a private message asking me to suggest a type of product I had just spoken against thinking I was a secret undercover product rep. pretty upsetting though. I had to wonder how their employer, pes, would feel about their conduct, given that I will never use one of their products again due to that injustice; if they ever pull that again, I will contact the company. I was naïve; I thought reps had rep power because they knew their stuff; now I know you just get a couple of guys who bounce rep increases off each other
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

anyway, my experience with spinach tell me nitrates are awesome. im sure potassium nitrate is safe and I think someone just raised the explosive issue outside of a nutritional context, such as if ordering some causes the NSA to take heed of you; we all know potassium nitrate is safe and probably beats downing 8 aakg caps a day. I applaud both companies for using the effective dose. also, it is my understanding that only a small percentage of nitrates are converted to nitric oxide and my experience with nutrition is that we should never assume an awesome conversion rate. thus, the nitrate amounts look good to me
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    anyway, my experience with spinach tell me nitrates are awesome. im sure potassium nitrate is safe and I think someone just raised the explosive issue outside of a nutritional context, such as if ordering some causes the NSA to take heed of you; we all know potassium nitrate is safe and probably beats downing 8 aakg caps a day. I applaud both companies for using the effective dose. also, it is my understanding that only a small percentage of nitrates are converted to nitric oxide and my experience with nutrition is that we should never assume an awesome conversion rate. thus, the nitrate amounts look good to me
    The point I was trying to make earlier was that five ounces of spinach yields roughly one gram of nitrates. You are correct in understanding that only a small percentage of nitrates convert to nitrites and nitric oxide.
    Here's a good read, if you're interested.
    http://m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/90/1/1.full
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

And the question was just posed to me whether I understand the difference between nitrate salts and the nitrates in vegetables. Yes, I do, and I understand the difference in how immediate they are or are not released.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Vitamin C Pre-Workout?
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 07:31 AM
  2. Pre-Workout more important than Post Workout?
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 02:56 PM
  3. Pinning: Pre-workout or Post-workout?
    By Greenguy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 08:10 AM
  4. Pre-Workout meal?
    By NPursuit in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 08:54 PM
  5. pre workout booster
    By goldylight in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 03:49 PM